PDA

View Full Version : FRANKEL:THE WEIGHTING IS THE HARDEST PART

blind squirrel
11-24-2003, 03:47 PM
BOBBY FRANKEL withdrew SIGHTSEEK and MEDAGLIA D' ORO
from CHURCHILLS holiday stake races.

why?he did not like the weight assignments for
SIGHTSEEK-125....TAKE CHARGE LADY-123... 2 pounds!
you gotta be kidding!SIGHTSEEK should be well rested,she
didn't run a step at the BC.

MEDAGLIA D' ORO-125.....TEN PINS-119.....I don't think
TEN PINS will ever be confused with PERFECT DRIFT.

i think there is nothing more overrated than weight.

not a good way to promote the sport,the THANKSGIVING
weekend draws a good crowd at CD.

cj
11-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Frankel should smoke those "Sheets" he uses so heavily...what a bunch of garbage. If you don't want to run, just say so. He makes himself look foolish.

cj
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Here is the article...I had to read it for myself to believe it.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/51670.html

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Way to go Bobby, way to go. I guess he has a job to do, and he does it well. He's instilled the "fear of Bobby" into all other racing secretaries.

When it comes time for them to assign weights next year, they will have to use something OTHER than their better judgement, or else they might piss the "great one" off, and he'll take his toys and go home once again...

Not a great way to promote the sport, but then again, Bobby only has to answer to two people in this world, himself and his owner...and as long as they are happy, I guess you can't fault the guy for playing a masterful game of manipulation....

==PA

P.S. Now is about the time when all the "get rid of handicap races" people will be clicking the POST REPLY button...LOL

Tom
11-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Just tells me Frankel is saying "My horse is not good enough!"
I'd love too see some racing writer put it in print, like...
"Medaglio D'oro, considered by Bobby Frankle to be inferior to Ten Pins, withdrew from the XYZ stakes this weekend. He will look for a softer spot, more conducive to a second class horse who has in the past, repeatedly failed to win the big ones."

Hehehe........I should take up writing.

Jake
11-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Good call on this, PA. That's exactly how Frankel has "worked" the system in S. Calif for many years. Akin to a coach working the referees early in a game, looking for a break down the road. His game has always manipulation and intimidation, be it setting up a jockey to take the blame for a bad performance or some other excuse. It's never a case of faulty training or placement, at least in his mind. He's may be a great turf trainer, but he's one miserable human being.

Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Way to go Bobby, way to go. I guess he has a job to do, and he does it well. He's instilled the "fear of Bobby" into all other racing secretaries.

When it comes time for them to assign weights next year, they will have to use something OTHER than their better judgement, or else they might piss the "great one" off, and he'll take his toys and go home once again...

Not a great way to promote the sport, but then again, Bobby only has to answer to two people in this world, himself and his owner...and as long as they are happy, I guess you can't fault the guy for playing a masterful game of manipulation....

==PA

P.S. Now is about the time when all the "get rid of handicap races" people will be clicking the POST REPLY button...LOL

Pace Cap'n
11-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Must be nice to not need the money.

Valuist
11-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Tenpins may not be Perfect Drift, but he's not far off from him. I think he was 1.5 lengths behind PD in the Gold Cup.

plainolebill
11-25-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm wondering if he ever intending to run them at all? Sightseek may need more rest and M'D Oro's main goal is next year's campaign. Bobby gets to beat the CD racing secretary with an invisible club.