PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Survivor Pool

Phantombridgejumpe
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Eligible games - given my 3 rules from last post:

Jags @ Jets - Interesting, Jags won, but not by alot. Jets are home 2 weeks in a row, but did play a late Sunday game

Bears @ Saints - Which team won last week?

KC @ Lions - Given what KC did, this is a promising pick

Seattle @ Pitt - Think Pitt had a tough week of practice?

SD @ NE - I'm not going against SD in a survivor pool

Cincy @ Denver - I'm not picking Denver in a survivor pool

Rams @ Giants - Injuries a big factor on both sides

If you are still alive I'd rather save Pitt, but they are the best play this week:

1) Pitt
2) Lions
3) Bears - Edging out the Jets for #3

Good Luck

Striker
09-15-2011, 04:30 PM
There has to be some better options than the Bears as a possible choice for your pick. NO has had some extra time here to prepare for them, having Kreutz is obviously going to help the Saints on both sides of the ball with the knowledge that he can bring from his numerous years playing for the Bears. I personally think Urlacher plays but it isn't a guarantee, and if he doesn't you can already chalk up a Bears loss, as their record without him is not very good and they are not very deep at the linebacker position. I would think about breaking your Rule #1 this week and take Baltimore, Green Bay, or possibly Dallas, but Detroit looks like a solid pick and I would even think about Minny at home.

Valuist
09-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Don't take Minnesota. Wrong team is favored in that game. McNabb just isn't effective anymore, and much of the defense is getting old as well.

Robert Goren
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
There has to be better weeks for either the bears or the saints, no matter how much you like them. To me it either the jets, steelers or the lions. It not a done deal yet, but I am leaning toward the lions. KC stunk in the preseason and stunk against the bills again last week. They are not the same team as they were last year, at least not yet anyhow.

Striker
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Don't take Minnesota. Wrong team is favored in that game. McNabb just isn't effective anymore, and much of the defense is getting old as well.
Vikings will be getting my money this week but not a survivor pick. Mcnabb and the passing game was pathetic the 1st week, hopefully they can turn it around this week.

Rookies
09-15-2011, 11:44 PM
2-0 last week and about half the 11 entrants are 1-1. (Double Elim in mine)

This week: Pitt & Detroit.

Valuist
09-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Vikings will be getting my money this week but not a survivor pick. Mcnabb and the passing game was pathetic the 1st week, hopefully they can turn it around this week.

Don't count on it. What you saw in week 1 from McNabb was not a mirage. See how he performed in Washington last year and how the Redskin offense actually improved when Grossman replaced him. McNabb had some real strong years in Philly but he is finished.

Robert Goren
09-18-2011, 09:02 AM
My pick is the Lions. It is not the surest pick(the Steelers are closest thing to a lock this week), but I believe it is a good gamble to take to keep the all of very good teams alive for another week.

Zippy Chippy
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
My surivor pics

Zippy1 patriots>pittsburgh
Zippy2 patriots>lions
Zippy3 Houston>pittsburgh

1st team week 1, 2nd week 2