PDA

View Full Version : Allumeuse is still running?

Stillriledup
09-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Belmont's 4th race today. Wasnt this the horse that had the mistaken payoff years ago where they DQd the wrong horse?

rgustafson
09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
This horse is a 3yr. old filly making her 6th career start, so obviously you have her confused with another animal.:)

cj
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
This horse is a 3yr. old filly making her 6th career start, so obviously you have her confused with another animal.:)

You don't think he has PPs, do you?

OTM Al
09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
You don't think he has PPs, do you?

Lucky there wasn't a thread he could resurrect....

andtheyreoff
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Belmont's 4th race today. Wasnt this the horse that had the mistaken payoff years ago where they DQd the wrong horse?

Please, please, don't tell me you thought that was the same horse who not only was DQ'd 25 years ago, died that same year.

If so, you should be banned for flat out being stupid.

Stillriledup
09-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Please, please, don't tell me you thought that was the same horse who not only was DQ'd 25 years ago, died that same year.

If so, you should be banned for flat out being stupid.

The only NYRA that i know is what i see on TVG. I didnt realize that incident was 25 years ago. I apologize for not being as smart as you, maybe next time i want to post, i'll check in with you via PM to see if its ok.

cj
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
The only NYRA that i know is what i see on TVG. I didnt realize that incident was 25 years ago. I apologize for not being as smart as you, maybe next time i want to post, i'll check in with you via PM to see if its ok.

I think we would all appreciate that.

duncan04
09-15-2011, 06:22 PM

You could always check the entries and see the horse running today was 3 years old!! :rolleyes:

davew
09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
this one is a maiden 3 yr old

Allumeuse was the horse at Saratoga taken down near 25 years ago

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/09/sports/sports-of-the-times-bad-business-at-saratoga.html

Stillriledup
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
this one is a maiden 3 yr old

Allumeuse was the horse at Saratoga taken down near 25 years ago

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/09/sports/sports-of-the-times-bad-business-at-saratoga.html

Thank you David.

Tom
09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Salvatore J. Ferrara, the chief steward, has been ''reassigned'' to Finger Lakes Race Track in Canandaigua, N.Y. This punitive action by the State Racing and Wagering Board was the equivalent of sending Ferrara to the minor leagues, if there were a Double A franchise in Siberia.

Yeah, get me "all riled up" up again after 25 years!
The guy is so stinking incompetent they send him to my track instead of firing him???? I could only play one track back then, and they send the garbage there.

Between him and all the lousy NY Breds NYRA unloaded on FL over the years it's a wonder the track survived!

Vinman
09-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Frank Dwyer was doing the Sportchannel 30 minute wrap-up show the day of that DQ and said NOTHING about it. I was pounding the couch yelling "Where's Harvey when you need him!". Absolutely pathetic.

Vinman

thespaah
09-16-2011, 01:02 AM
I remember that incident like it was yesterday. What a cluster...