PDA

View Full Version : All This For Just A Flag ! MO speaks.

cj's dad
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
From the link:

“First Lady Michelle Obama apparently showing extreme disrespect to the American flag at a ceremony in honor of the victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. As police and firefighters fold the flag to the sound of marching bagpipers, a skeptical looking Mrs. Obama leans to her husband and appears to say, “all this just for a flag.” She then purses her lips and shakes her head slightly as Mr. Obama nods.”

More here:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2011/sep/13/michelle-obama-all-just-flag/

the video:

odncXZnJ_CM

and then BHO nods in agreement.

wisconsin
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
It really comes down to ignorance. But then, what do you expect from someone who is only recently proud of her country, and only because they finally elected a black presidient. You go girl.

woodtoo
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Totally classless I am in no way surprised by her inane reaction. Just one
totally classless........:rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
09-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Michelle's past comments about this country were disgraceful, but I don't see anything in this video. Unless we have some lip readers out there?

GameTheory
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry, can't see it. Looks like she is saying something else.

cj's dad
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Sorry, can't see it. Looks like she is saying something else.

Clearly, her last 4 words are "just for a flag", and then shakes her head with obvious displeasure.

These are despicable people.

FantasticDan
09-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Beck had a deaf lip-reader look at the clip.. this person's best guess was, "Look at how they fold that flag."

Given Obama's immediate nodding reaction, and the First Lady's communications director's statement in addressing this attack:

The words, meaning and context in these claims are all wildly off the mark. The First Lady was commenting to the President on how moving and powerful it always is to watch all that America's firefighters and police officers do to honor the flag. It was an emotional moment on a powerful day and she was awed by the ceremony and all that the flag symbolizes.

..that fits perfectly.

But you're right, despicable is definitely the operative word here.

cj's dad
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Beck had a deaf lip-reader look at the clip.. this person's best guess was, "Look at how they fold that flag."

Given Obama's immediate nodding reaction, and the First Lady's communications director's statement in addressing this attack:

The words, meaning and context in these claims are all wildly off the mark. The First Lady was commenting to the President on how moving and powerful it always is to watch all that America's firefighters and police officers do to honor the flag. It was an emotional moment on a powerful day and she was awed by the ceremony and all that the flag symbolizes.

..that fits perfectly.

But you're right, despicable is definitely the operative word here.

So now, Beck is reputable ? :lol:

And the 1st ladies comm. director ? What else is HE going to say ?

FantasticDan
09-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Beck was on your side, and the lip-reader was one of his staff members. He called it like he read it.

Tom
09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
MO: "You know, this whole thing was Bush's fault, right?
BO: " You know it, baby! That and the economy and the global warming."

FantasticDan
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
And then Bush, who was a foot to her right, elbowed her in the ribs.

GameTheory
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Clearly, her last 4 words are "just for a flag", and then shakes her head with obvious displeasure.Not at all clear to me. I looked at it a dozen times and can't get those words to match up, nor do I see "obvious" displeasure. I think you are projecting on this one...

FantasticDan
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
How about "just for a damn flag"? That's a variation the haters are running with for a little extra punch.. :blush:

bigmack
09-15-2011, 03:01 PM
How about "just for a damn flag"? That's a variation the haters are running with for a little extra punch.. :blush:
Not unlike your speculation of hate. Oops.

cj's dad. I'd go ahead and kibosh these silly little ditties. Nothing here to see.

cj's dad
09-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Not unlike your speculation of hate. Oops.

cj's dad. I'd go ahead and kibosh these silly little ditties. Nothing here to see.

You're right- those of us who see BHO and MO as losers will never ever convince the supporters that these folks are so far above their heads as to be laughable.

I give up.

We on the right side side know what they are.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Her last three words are no doubt "for a flag..."

Then, the head shake and look of shame/disdain/contempt on her face is quite telling/damning.

All in all, a pretty interesting clip...and then goofy shakes his head like a bobble-head...

hcap
09-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Maybe WorldNutDaily will hire 4 lip readers, 2 psychics and an Astrologer to settle this once and for all?

Tom
09-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Maybe WorldNutDaily will hire 4 lip readers, 2 psychics and an Astrologer to settle this once and for all?

You could run it by the global warming panel of experts....jut saying.

hcap
09-16-2011, 12:48 PM
You could run it by the global warming panel of experts....jut saying.Great, you dudes and dudettes quit quoting World Nut Daily, Bill O'Reaily's pseudo scientific lip readers,or Glen Beck pseudo scientific historians, and I will leave Akl Gore out of this rightie earth shaking super duper breaking NOOS story.

CryingForTheHorses
09-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Maybe they need to show the tape to MO and ask her what she said?.Im hoping she didnt say anything disrespecful?.I have always seen her as trying to be a better then ever first lady.Im sure it will be brought to her attention

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Maybe they need to show the tape to MO and ask her what she said?.Im hoping she didnt say anything disrespecful?.I have always seen her as trying to be a better then ever first lady.Im sure it will be brought to her attention

Ok tom, you went down this road before with Obama and failed to show how he is good for us yet you made that claim.
Here's your chance again.....MO, in your opinion, is seen as trying to be a better then EVER first lady....could you please provide examples??

The Judge
09-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Why should Tom have to provide examples? It is obviously his opinion. I have you argue that same thing. It's your opinion and you don't have to provide 'links" if we don't like it to bad.

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Why should Tom have to provide examples? It is obviously his opinion. I have you argue that same thing. It's your opinion and you don't have to provide 'links" if we don't like it to bad.

So then whats the point of making that statement? I will tell you why. It's called conversation....it's called off topic......I could of sworn I saw that this was a forum.
I can validly argue (even if it is my opinion) why MO is not seen as the best first lady ever.
She has consistently said one thing and done the opposite. (Maybe its a family trait) lol
Would you care to discuss her good foods programs?
How about her vacations?
Her comments regarding america?
I am just truly trying to understand why ANYONE would see her as trying to be the best first lady EVER......(that's a pretty bold statement).

The Judge
09-16-2011, 10:16 PM
we don't know what she said but the flag was around and she shook her head and the President shook his head so she said "all this for the flag".

Pure craziness.

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 10:19 PM
we don't know what she said but the flag was around and she shook her head and the President shook his head so she said "all this for the flag".

Pure craziness.
That's EXACTLY my point. If you're gonna make a BOLD statement such as was made (trying to be the best first lady ever)....I would hope you could at least support that with SOMETHING....

As to what MO said or didnt say, it will all be speculation. People will see what they want to see. But, it's hard to argue that she was referring to the flag. Her last word in my OPINION is FLAG. Then to have a body language as what was displayed...well to me, it doesnt appear she was praising what she was seeing!

Mike at A+
09-16-2011, 10:24 PM
It's a good thing she doesn't hang out with Biden much because she would have said "all this for a f***ing flag".

The Judge
09-16-2011, 10:29 PM
I like her ,I don't mind her taking trips, whats wrong with trying to get kids to eat better. It's the same thing I her doctors say all the time.

If she isn't trying to be the best First Lady ever whats the point. Of course she is trying. You just don't like her nor her husband. It wouldn't make any difference what she did you wouldn't like it.

The reason this is even being discussed is because without so much as a decibel of proof she is being accuse of disrespecting the flag.

Yeah it a public forum I'll remind you of that very fact the next time you "just give an opinion without proof,facts or a link.

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I like her ,I don't mind her taking trips, whats wrong with trying to get kids to eat better. It's the same thing I her doctors say all the time.

If she isn't trying to be the best First Lady ever whats the point. Of course she is trying. You just don't like her nor her husband. It wouldn't make any difference what she did you wouldn't like it.

The reason this is even being discussed is because without so much as a decibel of proof she is being accuse of disrespecting the flag.

Yeah it a public forum I'll remind you of that very fact the next time you "just give an opinion without proof,facts or a link.

Nothing is wrong with trying to get kids to eat better...AS LONG AS YOU SET THE EXAMPLE! How many times have we seen MO TALK about eating right, and her family is out eating like THOUSANDS of calories garbage?? So is this a case of do as I say not as I do??

Like her or her husband??? Lmao you are hillarious...I know neither one personally. I dont like what they stand for in my opinion.
I dont like ANY lady who says what she said about America.
I don't like any lady who says we should live one way while she lives another.
I dont like any president who is trying to "change the face of america" the way he has done so.
I don't like ANY president who says he will have the "most transparent government ever" then passes back door deals like Obamacare....
I don't like any president who is saying HE WILL do things (even if we know it's next to impossible) such as clsing Guantanimo within 12 months...how many months has it been???
Aren't we supposed to be out of Iraq??
I could go on and on....so please dont tell me I dont like the guy....I dont know the guy! I know what he has done...or in this case hasn't done)!

toetoe
09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
When I'm constipated, I sit at the throne and exhort my bowels, "Okay, let's move !" :jump:

chickenhead
09-17-2011, 01:16 AM
It looks to me like she says "I'd like to take a shit on that flag." and then makes her dooky face at him. And then he nods approvingly at the mental image.

What a sick, sick pair these two are. Glad this all has been brought to light.

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Ok tom, you went down this road before with Obama and failed to show how he is good for us yet you made that claim.
Here's your chance again.....MO, in your opinion, is seen as trying to be a better then EVER first lady....could you please provide examples??

I would think shefeels she has to prove herself because she is the first Black first lady..I do know she visits hospitals..Has gotten programs to start children eating better,Has started garden growing in different towns,Has visited schools talking to kids and parents.How do you know what her kids eat?..What bad did she say about the country?.I am not aware of it?..What about her trips that you dont like?..Isnt that what a first lady does?.I have seen news clips about her great styles,I have seen newsclips on her speaking here and there..You tell me,What is the first ladies job besides being married to the president?

Tom
09-17-2011, 10:57 AM
And she ran up a 10 million dollar tab on AF1.

FantasticDan
09-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I heard it was 100M. And she requires Diddy and Shakira to be on call 24/7 for live in-flight entertainment. Rush has discussed all this.

FantasticDan
09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Also, Drudge mentioned that she had special red, white, and blue toilet paper made up for AF1. One time she refused to fly because the toilet paper was traditional white. This all jibes with chickenhead's earlier comment.

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 11:35 AM
It's been rumored that in response to Obama's new "Attack Watch" website, conservatives are creating a website dedicated to the first lady's hypocrisy in telling us what we should eat while she stuffs her face with unhealthy food. The website will be called "A Snack Watch".

hcap
09-17-2011, 12:09 PM
The GOP base has spoken. The modern Republican Party has embraced lala land

Now that the previous looney crackpots theory — birtherism is dead except for the real loonies (need I mention who?), they concoct a hundred crazier.

Well done guys.

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I heard it was 100M. And she requires Diddy and Shakira to be on call 24/7 for live in-flight entertainment. Rush has discussed all this.

You mean to tell me that she can jump on this plane whenever she feels she needs to?..She orders RWB toilet paper? Has whatever entertainment she wants?.That is crazy..Whats even more crazy is that its allowed.no wonder USA is in deep water with this kind of wasted money if this is true.I guess I need to start listening to Rush to get all the facts straight.

Tom
09-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Naw, just google Dans Says and get all the facts you need.
Dan knows everything.

newtothegame
09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I would think shefeels she has to prove herself because she is the first Black first lady..I do know she visits hospitals..Has gotten programs to start children eating better,Has started garden growing in different towns,Has visited schools talking to kids and parents.How do you know what her kids eat?..What bad did she say about the country?.I am not aware of it?..What about her trips that you dont like?..Isnt that what a first lady does?.I have seen news clips about her great styles,I have seen newsclips on her speaking here and there..You tell me,What is the first ladies job besides being married to the president?

Well, obviously you think it is more then what you said "being married to the president".....
And you can find out all the information YOU want if you just look. See, this is the problem I was attempting to show you. YOU will only see what you wish to see. You, in another thread, accused someone of being racist because they didnt like Obama. Yet when it was shown all the things he didnt like about Obama's policies, you retracted.
Michelle is a "do as I say" lady.
The video above clearly shows her saying something about the "flag". Then, her body language say's the rest. Do you think she was praising whatever she was referring to by her body language??
As to her comments, I am amazed that anyone can say as recently as 2008 that "for the first time in her life she is proud to be an american"..., what was so bad in the previous years?? I mean with her husband being at Harvard, her being a lawyer and a city administrator, I am sure she had a tough life :bang:
As to the diets, lol you are a riot. The lady comes out and disses french fries, tells the country how bad it is to not eat right, then dines herself on....you guessed it...

"Can you preach healthy eating and order a 1,700-calorie lunch (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/1-000-calorie-meals-are-you-ordering-them-560785/) at a burger joint? A lot of people are saying 'no' because the person in question is the First Lady, a role model, and her primary focus while inhabiting the White House has been to urge the country to eat (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/michelle-obama-to-food-makers-make-healthier-food-now-1221363/) and live healthier (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/michelle-obamas-9-rules-for-a-happy-healthy-life-518934/). For the record, she was at the new D.C. location of the popular Shake Shack, and the calories were spent on a hamburger, fries, chocolate shake, and Diet Coke."
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/michelle-obama-eats-1-700-calorie-meal-is-she-a-hypocrite-2510112

A 2200 calorie White House meal? Michelle Obama accused of hypocrisy (again) after Republicans defend her anti-obesity drive

Last updated at 3:18 PM on 1st March 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361562/Michelle-Obama-called-hypocrite-stuffing-state-governors-alleged-2200-calorie-meal.html#ixzz1YFFpgpf1

Dont get me wrong, I reallty could care less what she eats or feeds guest, family whoever. Just dont come preaching to me how we need to eat better then set these fine examples.....:lol:

another fine exaple....

Michelle Obama to America: “Let them eat kale!”. Michelle Obama to the waitstaff: “Where’s my lobster? And gimme a side of chili fries with extra cheese!” (http://hillbuzz.org/2011/09/15/michelle-obama-to-america-let-them-eat-kale-michelle-obama-to-the-waitstaff-dont-skimp-on-the-lobster-or-my-chili-fries/)

Posted on September 15, 2011 by Megan Fox // Class vs Crass (http://hillbuzz.org/category/featured-content/class-vs-crass/), Featured Content (http://hillbuzz.org/category/featured-content/), Hillbuzz (http://hillbuzz.org/category/hillbuzz/), The Left (http://hillbuzz.org/category/the-left/), Weaknesses (http://hillbuzz.org/category/the-left/weaknesses/)

http://hillbuzz.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/obama-junk-food-300x256.jpg (http://hillbuzz.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/obama-junk-food.jpg)

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/2011/09/15/michelle-obama-to-america-let-them-eat-kale-michelle-obama-to-the-waitstaff-dont-skimp-on-the-lobster-or-my-chili-fries/

Styles??? Now she is a great first lady due to STYLE??? Lmao...ok, if you say so.

This is not to say that I believe she is not trying. I can't imagine the scrutiny...hell, look at me giving her crap. Just dont come here and tell us all how she is the best first lady EVER.
Do I think she is trying, as you put it....yeah. Then again, most of them do!

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Well, obviously you think it is more then what you said "being married to the president".....
And you can find out all the information YOU want if you just look. See, this is the problem I was attempting to show you. YOU will only see what you wish to see. You, in another thread, accused someone of being racist because they didnt like Obama. Yet when it was shown all the things he didnt like about Obama's policies, you retracted.
Michelle is a "do as I say" lady.
The video above clearly shows her saying something about the "flag". Then, her body language say's the rest. Do you think she was praising whatever she was referring to by her body language??
As to her comments, I am amazed that anyone can say as recently as 2008 that "for the first time in her life she is proud to be an american"..., what was so bad in the previous years?? I mean with her husband being at Harvard, her being a lawyer and a city administrator, I am sure she had a tough life :bang:
As to the diets, lol you are a riot. The lady comes out and disses french fries, tells the country how bad it is to not eat right, then dines herself on....you guessed it...

"Can you preach healthy eating and order a 1,700-calorie lunch (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/1-000-calorie-meals-are-you-ordering-them-560785/) at a burger joint? A lot of people are saying 'no' because the person in question is the First Lady, a role model, and her primary focus while inhabiting the White House has been to urge the country to eat (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/michelle-obama-to-food-makers-make-healthier-food-now-1221363/) and live healthier (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/michelle-obamas-9-rules-for-a-happy-healthy-life-518934/). For the record, she was at the new D.C. location of the popular Shake Shack, and the calories were spent on a hamburger, fries, chocolate shake, and Diet Coke."
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/michelle-obama-eats-1-700-calorie-meal-is-she-a-hypocrite-2510112

A 2200 calorie White House meal? Michelle Obama accused of hypocrisy (again) after Republicans defend her anti-obesity drive

Last updated at 3:18 PM on 1st March 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361562/Michelle-Obama-called-hypocrite-stuffing-state-governors-alleged-2200-calorie-meal.html#ixzz1YFFpgpf1

Dont get me wrong, I reallty could care less what she eats or feeds guest, family whoever. Just dont come preaching to me how we need to eat better then set these fine examples.....:lol:

another fine exaple....

Michelle Obama to America: “Let them eat kale!”. Michelle Obama to the waitstaff: “Where’s my lobster? And gimme a side of chili fries with extra cheese!” (http://hillbuzz.org/2011/09/15/michelle-obama-to-america-let-them-eat-kale-michelle-obama-to-the-waitstaff-dont-skimp-on-the-lobster-or-my-chili-fries/)

Posted on September 15, 2011 by Megan Fox // Class vs Crass (http://hillbuzz.org/category/featured-content/class-vs-crass/), Featured Content (http://hillbuzz.org/category/featured-content/), Hillbuzz (http://hillbuzz.org/category/hillbuzz/), The Left (http://hillbuzz.org/category/the-left/), Weaknesses (http://hillbuzz.org/category/the-left/weaknesses/)

http://hillbuzz.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/obama-junk-food-300x256.jpg (http://hillbuzz.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/obama-junk-food.jpg)

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/2011/09/15/michelle-obama-to-america-let-them-eat-kale-michelle-obama-to-the-waitstaff-dont-skimp-on-the-lobster-or-my-chili-fries/

Styles??? Now she is a great first lady due to STYLE??? Lmao...ok, if you say so.

This is not to say that I believe she is not trying. I can't imagine the scrutiny...hell, look at me giving her crap. Just dont come here and tell us all how she is the best first lady EVER.
Do I think she is trying, as you put it....yeah. Then again, most of them do!

Well it looks like she bit off more then she can chew according to these stories you have posted,I also read the comments after the stories.She does need to practice what she preaches.Last week I learned a lesson about Obama and today I have learned MO isnt what she thinks she is.My stance is that 1 day I will become a USA citizen and I dont know the difference between a republican or a demacrat.How do you choose?..Dont forget growing up on the backside of racetracks being sheltered from all world happinings makes me very ignorant of the issues at stake.I always watch the news but I guess it doesnt sink in.Give me horses over politics..Thanks NTTG for making me see the facts.

bigmack
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
The GOP base has spoken. The modern Republican Party has embraced lala land
Now that the previous looney crackpots theory — birtherism is dead except for the real loonies (need I mention who?), they concoct a hundred crazier.
Well done guys.
Get a load of this:

Q: "How likely is it that people in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East?" the poll asked.

A full 22.6% of Democrats said it was "very likely." Another 28.2% called it "somewhat likely."

That is: More than half of Democrats, according to a neutral survey, said they believed Bush was complicit in the 9/11 terror attacks.

Ain't that some funny shit? Can we assume you're in the 22.6%?

LottaKash
09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Well,

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/lottakash/Racing%20and%20Such/Business_Booming_C_600.jpg

newtothegame
09-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Well it looks like she bit off more then she can chew according to these stories you have posted,I also read the comments after the stories.She does need to practice what she preaches.Last week I learned a lesson about Obama and today I have learned MO isnt what she thinks she is.My stance is that 1 day I will become a USA citizen and I dont know the difference between a republican or a demacrat.How do you choose?..Dont forget growing up on the backside of racetracks being sheltered from all world happinings makes me very ignorant of the issues at stake.I always watch the news but I guess it doesnt sink in.Give me horses over politics..Thanks NTTG for making me see the facts.
Tom, I think I have been a bit unfair to you (after your post calling another poster racist)....my apologies!
sincerely!
But listen, EVERYONE (politicians) are in it for something. Some are far worse then others. Some truly believe going in that they can fix things. some, just dont give a chit about the people (us).
If I may, you asked about democrat versus republican....
I will not tell you which way to go. That's a choice ONLY you can make. What I will tell you is ask yourself what you believe and make your decisions based on that.
You can google conservative, liberals, democrats, and republicans and find out what they all stand for. Include liberatrian, independent. Try to align yourself based on YOUR beliefs. Understanding though, that MOST politicians pander to the audience they are trying to court.
Very few times will you find a politician who has EVERYTHING you like. Just stay true to YOURSELF and you woill be fine.....
Thanks for your contributions here...!

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Can we assume you're in the 22.6%?I think you're being a bit too kind...

Tom
09-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Amazing how over half of democrats think 9/11 was an inside job, seeing over half of them do not think at all.