PDA

View Full Version : America slowly turning into a police-state?

highnote
09-14-2011, 11:10 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/shoshana-hebshi-passenger_n_961369.html

Someone on an airplane reported two men as suspicious because they were in the bathroom for a long time and a woman next to them gets arrested and strip searched.

Is there more to this story? Is going to the bathroom enough probable cause to warrant a strip search? Seems extreme.

LottaKash
09-14-2011, 11:24 PM
John, your thread title speaks much about this....Inch by inch, and step by step, we are beginning to see the beginning of the return of the "brown shirts", so reminiscent of an earlier time in man's recent history....I see things of this nature cropping across a long and broad spectrum, involving many diverse people, places, and events....It will only get uglier, I fear, as time is quickly marching on....I see this...

best,

toetoe
09-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I see ....... naked people !!! :eek:

boxcar
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I see ....... naked people !!! :eek:

With that kind of capability, you could get a second job working for TSA as a substitute scanner when one of their regular machines suffers downtime.

Boxcar

FantasticDan
09-15-2011, 01:35 AM
John, your thread title speaks much about this....Inch by inch, and step by step, we are beginning to see the beginning of the return of the "brown shirts", so reminiscent of an earlier time in man's recent history....I see things of this nature cropping across a long and broad spectrum, involving many diverse people, places, and events....It will only get uglier, I fear, as time is quickly marching on....I see this...
0x-fkSYDtUY

bigmack
09-15-2011, 01:43 AM
It's clear what the problem was.

Hebshi, who describes herself as half-Arabic, half-Jewish with a dark complexion.

She's clearly torn in a schizo-like fashion.

LottaKash
09-15-2011, 01:50 AM
0x-fkSYDtUY

I say, go back and stick your head back in the sand, because it doesn't matter if it's in or out....Either way you can't see what is going on all around this nation lately....

TJDave
09-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Hebshi, who describes herself as half-Arabic, half-Jewish with a dark complexion.

One can be half-Arabic and Jewish but no one is half-Jewish.

Just as no one can be half-Christian, or Muslim, or Hindu...or Liberal. ;)

bigmack
09-15-2011, 02:58 AM

Depends on your view. Many see it as both race and religion.

Robert Goren
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Depends on your view. Many see it as both race and religion.And they are idiots.

boxcar
09-15-2011, 01:08 PM

What nonsense! A person can be a Jew either by birth or conversion. The world is filled with secular Jews who could care less about their spiritual roots. While traditionally, physical descent is passed through the mother, this doesn't mean that someone can't have an Irish father -- in which case he'd have Jewish and Irish blood coursing through his veins.

And then if the child was sent to Catholic school and baptized a Catholic, he'd be a Catholic Jew. :D

Btw, in my Protestant Church, we have at least 6 Jews who have converted to Christianity and are members in good standing.

Boxcar

bigmack
09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
And they are idiots.
Do tell, Mr. Bright.

highnote
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
And they are idiots.

I remember videotaping a speech by a rabbi that was titled something like, "Jew -- Race or Religion".

He said it was both.

boxcar
09-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I remember videotaping a speech by a rabbi that was titled something like, "Jew -- Race or Religion".

He said it was both.

However....notwithstanding the modern or secular definition of a "Jew", biblically-speaking the NT defines a Jew strictly in spiritual terms. And this makes sense because what defined the Jews in the OT were the covenants God made with Abraham and then later with the Hebrews through Moses, then with David, etc. A genuine Jew, according to New Covenant Theology, is anyone (Jew or Gentile) who has the faith of Abraham -- whose heart has been circumcised. The NT clearly distinguishes between Jews according to the flesh and Jews according to the Covenant Promises.

Boxcar

TJDave
09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
A genuine Jew, according to New Covenant Theology, is anyone (Jew or Gentile) who has the faith of Abraham -- whose heart has been circumcised. The NT clearly distinguishes between Jews according to the flesh and Jews according to the Covenant Promises.

Christianity DOES NOT have a vote.

Judaism alone decides who is, or isn't Jewish.

Native Texan III
09-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Jews and Arabs basically derived from the same race.
Modern day Jews however are a very mixed race (they moved extensively around the world) and are not physically or DNA identifiable, unlike Arabs, as a "pure" race.

"At the present time, it is known that Eastern European Jews have a significant Eastern Mediterranean element which manifests itself in a close relationship with Kurdish, Armenian, Palestinian Arab, Lebanese, Syrian, and Anatolian Turkish peoples. This is why the Y-DNA haplogroups J and E, which are typical of the Middle East, are so common among them. At the same time, there are traces of European (including Northern Italian and Western Slavic or Eastern Slavic) and Khazar (http://www.khazaria.com/) ancestry among European Jews. Ethiopian Jews mostly descend from Ethiopian Africans who converted to Judaism, but may also be related to a lesser extent to Yemenite Jews. Yemenite Jews descend from Arabs and Israelites. North African Jewish and Kurdish Jewish paternal lineages come from Israelites."

http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/abstracts.html