PDA

View Full Version : Sweden's V64, V75

Ray2000
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Is it possible to bet Sweden's V64 or V75 from any US based ADW if I don't live in New Jersey or Illinois?

BuddyOscar
09-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't know if it is what you're looking for but I see multiple Sweden harness tracks listed on dayatthetrack.com all week long
They are showing Solvalla today and on race 4 of the program it says "V64" next to the race number so I guess that is it.

Ray2000
09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks BuddyOscar, your reply prompted me to go to the horse's mouth. :)

I have an account there but the V64 was not on my view, (Unless I'm just overlooking something), so I sent them a message. I haven't used them since my balance dropped below $2 :). They replied

The wagers available are what we are allowed to offer; being wagered directly into their pools to start. The V75 (the Hairyboy) with the large multi-million dollar pools is something we are looking to implement but don't have a time frame as of yet.

Twin has Sweden's harness racing also but only Win Quinella Tri available as far as I can see.

BTW
Only Win Show betting at Solvalla (no place bets) but if you want to bet show with Twin you have to enter it disguised as a place bet.

BuddyOscar
09-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Wow.
After your reply I had to do some more research. I thought the V75 was just a type or series of races. I see it's a massive pick 7 pool. Amazing.

nearco
09-17-2011, 10:09 AM
The V75 explained for those unfamiliar with it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/columns/story?columnist=finley_bill&id=2940196

jdhanover
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM
He states it could 'never' work here...but I think he is very wrong. If multiple tracks got together (and with common ownership nowadays it is possible), they could each take one leg of the sequence and make sure to fill that particular field up (they could easily entice owners to enter horses with a special purse distribution or something of the sort so that every horse running in the race makes a few $ 'profit).
Heck, one track could do it by itself if it has the stalls for th ereuqired number of horses....money talks.
But the industry is so backwards it can't think like this.