PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritan video....bike wreck....

JustRalph
09-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Check this video out. Motorcycle wreck, fire, bystanders saving the guy

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/13/utah.motorcycle.crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

GameTheory
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/13/utah.motorcycle.crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2Thanks for nothing from the guy in the suit.

DJofSD
09-13-2011, 01:17 PM
JR, thx for posting.

Amazing: no politican, government employee or other person was needed to tell these citizens what to do, etc. They just did it without consideration to their own risk.

My best advice to any one in the video: stay anonymous. You know you probably save the man's life or at least reduced his injuries and prevent further burns.

God bless them all.

JustRalph
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for nothing from the guy in the suit.

He is getting hammered all over the Internet
:lol:

I predict he becomes a pariah in his home town and moves.

DJofSD
09-13-2011, 04:32 PM
He is getting hammered all over the Internet
:lol:

I predict he becomes a pariah in his home town and moves.
He's like the little kid in the old Shake 'n Bake commercial: and I helped!

ArlJim78
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm wondering if the guy in the suit was the driver of the car, he didn't even flinch, not a single motion that could be construed as helping the others. wow.

FantasticDan
09-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Help us!

No way, man.. this is a new suit!

Kudos to the guy appropriately in green who tries to Hulk-out and lift the car by himself :mad: :jump: :ThmbUp:

CryingForTheHorses
09-13-2011, 08:43 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/13/utah.motorcycle.crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

These people are heros.... :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
These people are heros.... :ThmbUp:

Then we should all be heroic.

I have to admit to being a little bummed when I see it on the news all day long and the overriding theme is that these people did something uncommonly amazing. It is indeed nice and wonderful to know that people will do the right thing, but discouraging that it is considered front page news when it happens.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Not for nuttin', but shouldn't they have pulled the guy a little further away from the burning (and possibly explosive) wreckage? :eek:

Tom
09-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Not for nuttin', but shouldn't they have pulled the guy a little further away from the burning (and possibly explosive) wreckage? :eek:

Holy Cow! They drop him off and all walk away!

FantasticDan
09-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I saw Anderson Cooper interview a cop that I think was there.. as soon as the man was clear, the cop at the scene ordered the people to let him go and move away. He said he didn't want the man to be moved (dragged) any further than necessary, since he looked to be in bad shape.

The cops hit the wreck with extinguishers about 10 seconds after he was clear.

GameTheory
09-13-2011, 11:38 PM
On a semi-related note, did I ever tell you about the time I was at Santa Anita and the car next to mine in the parking lot apparently exploded into a fireball while I was inside the grounds? It was actually the Fashion Park lot (I used to be one of those cheapies that would park at the mall for free and walk into Santa Anita). So I get back to my car after the races and the car in the next space over is burned to a crisp (although not still smoldering or anything) -- windows blown out, roof mostly gone -- and it had this circle of black soot, etc around it on the ground *almost* to the point of my car, which didn't have a mark on it or even a speck of ash. No one around, no explanation. Weird.

newtothegame
09-14-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm wondering if the guy in the suit was the driver of the car, he didn't even flinch, not a single motion that could be construed as helping the others. wow.
Yeah jim, in the story it mentions the driver asn the guy "in the dark suit".

Pell Mell
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
And then I read last night of an almost identical case in the NY Post...kid on bike crashes and ends up trapped under a car....cops and firemen appear...looks like about 15 or so...they go about getting all kinds of equiptment ready...like it was taking forever...they put jacks under the car and lift it about 4 ft in the air...jacks slip...car falls killing the kid...the hell with the "Pros"...give me some ordinary people..:eek:

ManU918
09-14-2011, 08:10 AM
The driver is more worried about his BMW then the guy. Classic. Anyone know who was at fault?

ArlJim78
09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah jim, in the story it mentions the driver asn the guy "in the dark suit".
his actions made me suspect that, he seemed to be disoriented, not knowing what to do, but the moment they pulled the guy from under the car he was the first to get over to take a look, understandably concerned.

JustRalph
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
The driver is more worried about his BMW then the guy. Classic. Anyone know who was at fault?

Classic, car turns left ifo motorcycle

One reason I rarely ride anymore.......dangerous as hell

GameTheory
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
If he was the driver I give him a pass. I've been in a couple of wild accidents (one where the car flipped over and another where my car was literally run over by a semi truck) and your adrenaline can go off the charts and be very disorienting once the "action" is over and you're just sitting or standing there trying to get your bearings. I imagine that running over a guy and having everything burst into flames gets your blood up.