PDA

View Full Version : Retention Barn-Mohawk?

outofthebox
09-12-2011, 08:35 PM
So i have to admit i'm still learning the Harness game. I'm playing the pick-4 at Mohawk tonight and in race 7 there is only one horse who is required to stay in the retention barn since 11pm yesterday. I find it intriguing that Big Bam Ray is the only participant on the entire card required to do so. The trainer is Rene Allard. What's up with this?

RaceTrackDaddy
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
At times when certain trainers get a positive or guilty of some kind of infraction, the officals will make ALL horses trained by that individual race from some kind of quarentine (retention). One year, Cassie Coleman had all her horses race from retention (and they found nothing)...just some bylaw thay have and will use from time to time.

outofthebox
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
At times when certain trainers get a positive or guilty of some kind of infraction, the officals will make ALL horses trained by that individual race from some kind of quarentine (retention). One year, Cassie Coleman had all her horses race from retention (and they found nothing)...just some bylaw thay have and will use from time to time.Thanks RTD