PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting to PA

Dave Schwartz
11-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Is anyone besides me having problems connecting to PA?

It seems that at least once every day or two I cannot get connected.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

toteboard
11-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Had trouble about 20 minutes ago.

BillW
11-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Is anyone besides me having problems connecting to PA?

It seems that at least once every day or two I cannot get connected.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PA's forum/Db server slows to a crawl on occasion, but otherwise no problems to the mail page server (I'm assuming they are different as I can connect to the main page easily when the forum/Db server is clogged. )Are you connecting straight to the forum server? If so, next time you have trouble, try to just commect to the front page, if that works, you are just hitting the forum server at a bad time.

Bill

PaceAdvantage
11-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Usually, when people have problems connecting with the message board, I will have loads and LOADS of e-mail "error messages" in my e-mail inbox. I haven't had that much at ALL the last few months, so I thought the problems, for the most part, have been resolved, EVEN though we are getting more hits than ever.....

In any event, Bill W pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as things work around here....

Tom
11-23-2003, 10:12 PM
I get that type of thing with various web sites a lot. Usually fixes itself withing a few minutes, but it happens at DRF.com, the Derby list, and Netcapper.com most often.
I think the net is just worn out.

superfecta
11-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tom

I think the net is just worn out. You mean there's a hole in our net?I've had trouble tonite for some reason too.

Brian Flewwelling
11-24-2003, 05:12 AM
I do love being the contrarian.

Never a problem with PA (in terms of access)

Brian

JustRalph
11-24-2003, 06:13 AM
I had a problem Sunday too..........FYI PA....but it went away in 3 minutes.......somebody might have had to re-boot something.....