PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Never forget...

Tom
09-10-2011, 09:59 PM
...never forgive, never hesitate to retaliate. The war is nowhere near over.
It is just beginning.

If you see a NYC cop or fireman Sunday, given them a big salute.

3yZjFIRirpE&feature=related

Rookies
09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
And here is the new... silencing...

http://d.yimg.com/nl/ynews/newsmaker/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2 Fvideo%23video%3D26271274&vid=26271274&browseCarouselUI=hide

What happened tomorrow ten years back, has changed the world forever. Everytime we travel, every place we go, security has become a significant component of everyday life.

The U.S. Ambassador to Canada has posted the following message on the website(http://canada.usembassy.gov/canada-us-relations/thank-you-canada:-remembering-9/11.html):
Thank you, Canada: Remembering 9/11

Ten years ago, nearly 3,000 innocent people -- citizens from 77 countries around the world -- lost their lives in the worst terrorist attack in American history. As we look back on the events that took place in New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia, it is important to remember the people we lost and the families they left behind, and to honor the heroic men and women who rushed to the scene as first responders and saved countless lives, even when it meant giving their own.

It is also important, however, to recognize the small mercies and acts of compassion that took place in the days, months and years following the attacks. Even as the world struggled to come to grips with the senseless terror that had manifested itself, Canadians responded with an outpouring of compassion and solidarity -- from the flowers and messages of support left outside the United States Embassy and its Consulates, to airports taking in over 200 planes that were diverted from the U.S. in the wake of the attacks, to the way ordinary Canadians opened their homes to thousands of stranded passengers and flight crews.

Ten years after those horrific events, we remember these acts of compassion with gratitude. The events of 9/11 were designed to spread a message of hatred; by responding with caring and generosity, Canadians showed that such destructive messages will never win out over kindness and compassion.

Thank you, Canada."

This terrible tragedy, has deeply solidified the bonds between our 2 countries. Tomorrow, the Ambassador is visiting a small town in Newfoundland- Gander, where virtually the entire U.S. domestic airline industry in the air during those fateful minutes- was diverted. This small outpost received the many and cared for them during the first tragic, uncomprehending days.

No one here, shall ever forget...

Tom
09-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Nice, Rookies, thanks.
Canada was a perfect neighbor that day. We was lucky to have ya.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Wow, it's tough watching that video.

But it's so necessary in my opinion never to whitewash or try and sweep these images under the rug.

And as an aside, as I watch the buildings come down over and over again, I have to state a hearty FU to those gullible idiots who continue to put forth these ridiculous conspiracy theories about how this was some sort of controlled demolition. There was nothing controlled about it, and that can so clearly be seen when the second tower comes down...how that top chunk just starts to fall when the impact damage and fire finally tears away at the final supports keeping it upright...so sad...

cj's dad
09-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I think that at times we in the good old USA take our neighbors to the north for granted. Both countries lost a bit of innocence ten years ago.

We must never forget the atrocity that was brought against the North American continent that day.

God bless us all and to those of you who are apologists for the Muslim terrorists among us, may you rot in hell.

ArlJim78
09-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I think a large, a very large number of planes were also directed to Pearson in Toronto which has a huge airfield. Canada is a great country and great ally.:ThmbUp: We won't forget.

Stillriledup
09-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Never Forget.

Greyfox
09-11-2011, 01:43 AM
A morning so horrific...words cannot describe...or the evil that created it.
God Bless America...and all who perished on that day.

bigmack
09-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Never forget and this fight is just beginning is right. These vermin will never stop. (By vermin I mean Jihadists)

All those beautiful lives lost that day. Such a shame.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee415/Nightwish14/Casey%20Mccala/Bad%20Era/GIFS/animated_candle.gif

Canarsie
09-11-2011, 07:25 AM
My thoughts and prayers are still with all the families and friends who were affected by this tragic day. It is something that can never go away these people are constantly reminded of this tragedy.

I really find this embarrassing to think I live in NJ. It was a day that changed the way we lived forever.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/poll-most-in-nj-wont-observe-911-anniversary/be7c277066cd430c8c960dd0e12f3fed

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-11-2011, 07:59 AM
I witnessed the horror upclose and until this day i feel for the tremendous suffering and loss of human life and the loss of our freedoms. Spent virtually everyday for a month working at the site and I swore to myself I would have to eliminate, but not forget what took place there. Innocent Americans slaughtered...never forget!

Tom
09-11-2011, 08:53 AM
The two ladies reading the names of those lost at the ceremony today just read the names of their own family members. Very sad.

turninforhome10
09-11-2011, 09:29 AM
May the memories of those lost in the the fires of hatred be the basis for building a world where man will find peace through compassion and understanding. What happened 10 years ago today will never be forgotten and should remain as an example what extremism in our species is capable of.

CryingForTheHorses
09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
...never forgive, never hesitate to retaliate. The war is nowhere near over.
It is just beginning.

If you see a NYC cop or fireman Sunday, given them a big salute.

3yZjFIRirpE&feature=related

What a incredible video.Being a Canadian and never having to serve or ever see war,This is the first act of terrorisim I have ever seen.My innocence was taken that day and I shall never forget.God bless all who lost their lives and God Bless the USA

DJofSD
09-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I heard on the radio last night that NYC had a strongly worded press release saying the location of the WTC was no longer to be called "ground zero."

Tom
09-11-2011, 10:36 AM
It will be called Ground Zero long after we stop calling if NYC.
Some pathetic little minds temporarily in office do not speak for this country. We have nationalized Ground Zero. It belongs to us all now.

Find out the weasel and fire him. He is useless.

DJofSD
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
NYC mayor: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/09/07/Bloomberg-Give-Ground-Zero-a-new-name/UPI-96071315409171/

Tom
09-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Bloomberg is an embarrassment to this country and to NY. Let us change his name to Slimeball Mike.

canleakid
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
"NEVER FORGET 9-11" retaliate with vengeance !!!! the war will be over when ALL the sob's & dow's that helped with the attack are DEAD!!!!!
My niece was off that day (worked in 1 WTC) she lost many friends and co-workers that day. She calls it "Ground Zero" so that works for me!!! mayor take a hike.

ArlJim78
09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
well someone is very very determined that we SHOULD forget about 9/11.

In fact, did you know that on Friday, 9/11/11 was declared by the president to be National Grandparents day?

White House.gov (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/09/presidential-proclamation-national-grandparents-day)

edit, I guess the first sunday after Labor day is always Grandparents day, although I don't believe there is always a presidential proclamation about it.

boxcar
09-11-2011, 01:39 PM
well someone is very very determined that we SHOULD forget about 9/11.

In fact, did you know that on Friday, 9/11/11 was declared by the president to be National Grandparents day?

White House.gov (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/09/presidential-proclamation-national-grandparents-day)

edit, I guess the first sunday after Labor day is always Grandparents day, although I don't believe there is always a presidential proclamation about it.

It took less than a half century for people to start denying the Holocaust. Fifty years from now, all the history books will be revised to read that 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by Americans against Americans as part of a huge conspiracy against Muslims.

Boxcar

Mike at A+
09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Two things struck me as funny this morning during the 9/11 coverage:

1.) Democrats invoking their generic "god" in their canned speeches.

2.) The applause President Bush got (and Obama didn't).

George Sands
09-11-2011, 03:03 PM
It took less than a half century for people to start denying the Holocaust.

It took less than half an hour, actually.

FantasticDan
09-11-2011, 05:07 PM
3np0DMxXKzM

boxcar
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
It took less than half an hour, actually.

Wow! Cover-ups do travel fast, don't they?

Boxcar

cj's dad
09-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I find it more than strange that the extreme left wing libs here such as Mostpost, Hcap and a few others have not posted in this thread.

Why would that be ??

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I find it more than strange that the extreme left wing libs here such as Mostpost, Hcap and a few others have not posted in this thread.

Why would that be ??My guess is they look down on this sort of thing...kind of like a necessary evil...it's something they'll tolerate, but not necessarily endorse...that's one theory anyway...

cj's dad
09-13-2011, 09:46 AM
My guess is they look down on this sort of thing...kind of like a necessary evil...it's something they'll tolerate, but not necessarily endorse...that's one theory anyway...

I think you nailed it Mike.

hcap
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Dan posted the Paul Simon video. And?

I don't think amy one on the left looks down on this. Just when it gets to taking shots on the left, which it just did

JustRalph
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x616007

rastajenk
09-13-2011, 10:23 AM
And then there's the whole Krugman thing. Easy to imagine these aren't outlying opinions, but rather the tip o' the iceberg we get to see.

hcap
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Ok, any one on the left that is not as crazy as the crazies on the right that wanted to bomb the UN, get rid of Obama because of no BC, think that Obama is the Antichrist, etc. etc. We can always find wackos on both sides.

At a Tea Party..

v/bgec9WX21ik?

hcap
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
And then there's the whole Krugman thing. Easy to imagine these aren't outlying opinions, but rather the tip o' the iceberg we get to see.This is the new rightie talking point. Krugman was pointing out how 911 was used as a wedge issue. It still is. The fact that you guys started to complain that no leftie had posted

Why would that be ??Proves Krugman correct. Besides I have confirmation from one of your glorified neocon heroes that Krugman was100% right....

In response, Donald Rumsfeld claimed he’d canceled his subscription to the Times, and a number of conservative bloggers slammed Krugman throughout the day.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Ok, any one on the left that is not as crazy as the crazies on the right that wanted to bomb the UN, get rid of Obama because of no BC, think that Obama is the Antichrist, etc. etc. We can always find wackos on both sides.

At a Tea Party..

v/bgec9WX21ik?I haven't watched the video you posted, but it will be interesting to see if its met with similar enthusiasm as the one on DU that Ralph posted the link to.

hcap
09-13-2011, 11:38 AM
The Democratic Underground is not exactly a fair representation of liberalism. Curiously, the right wing pundits, El Gasbag Limpbag, G. Beck, and Weiner-Savage, and M Levin do a fair job representing the right wing, judging by their ratings and the misguided reverence shown here

DJofSD
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
What's the matter hcap? You don't like it when some one else picks out a proxy to represent you? And further, if it's some one you don't like or necessarily agree with? But yet you and others continue to use Fox and the popular figures in the media to represent conservative opinions. Smells like hypocricy to me.

Tom
09-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Smells like PERCH to me!

hcap
09-13-2011, 12:02 PM
What's the matter hcap? You don't like it when some one else picks out a proxy to represent you? And further, if it's some one you don't like or necessarily agree with? But yet you and others continue to use Fox and the popular figures in the media to represent conservative opinions. Smells like hypocricy to me.

You gentlemen support and LOVE your proxies.
El Gasbag Limpbag, G. Beck, and Weiner-Savage, and M Levin, Faux Noos and WorldNutDaily are paraded around as purveyors of the gospel truth. I object to an assigned proxy from the DU. So whats your point, I should be as stupid as you and stop thinking.?

hcap
09-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Smells like PERCH to me!
Oh that's right Sarah can see Stalin from her perch.

If you want to smell real perch go back and smell this again.

Why would that be ??

DJofSD
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Nope, never said you should stop thinking. Jumping to conclusions will always get you to the wrong place.

Your comment actually supports my position. Think for yourself. I do not listen to or watch those icons your refer to on a regular basis. Yes, on the odd occasion I will catch a part of Limbaughs program when I happen to be in my vehicle during his broadcast, and, the radio in on that station. I do not watch any TV news program -- never -- and just for you amusement, when I did have a habit of watching a TV news program, the last program I used to watch was the News Hour (PBS). Savage I will listen to b/c I enjoy his other than polical stuff. All of the others, do not watch or listen to, period. Beck I find to be an *sshole, Levin is on too late for me and the occasional pause to listen, again while in the car, I find he to be off-putting.

hcap
09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I said "I object to an assigned proxy from the DU. So whats your point, I should be as stupid as you and stop thinking?" That is a generic you as the majority of PA cadre righties. You may not pay attention to proxies.

My point was I was assigned a proxie, and that is very different than kissing ass and quoting willingly and verbatim from El Gasbag or WorldNutDaily. Those that do are loving and accepting their proxies. Very different.

boxcar
09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I said "I object to an assigned proxy from the DU. So whats your point, I should be as stupid as you and stop thinking?" That is a generic you as the majority of PA cadre righties. You may not pay attention to proxies.

My point was I was assigned a proxie, and that is very different than kissing ass and quoting willingly and verbatim from El Gasbag or WorldNutDaily. Those that do are loving and accepting their proxies. Very different.

The only reason you don't quote from the DU forum religiously is because even you are too embarrassed to come out of your closet in support of them.

Boxcar

Stillriledup
09-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Never Forget.