PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Bettors

Pell Mell
09-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I know that people in England can bet on our races...is it possible for their bets to go into the betting pools at our tracks? Just curious..

Stillriledup
09-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I would think its possible since Canada tracks and US tracks have no problems co-mingling. Why they dont co mingle at this point is anyones guess

Some_One
09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Co-Mingle, every bookie in the UK goes into the USA pools, even Betfair.

tbwinner
09-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I think most international bettors wagering on U.S. races bet through BetFair or bookmakers or the like, not going into our pools or getting the takeout to the tracks. I could be wrong however and maybe this isn't the majority.

Some_One
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I think most international bettors wagering on U.S. races bet through BetFair or bookmakers or the like, not going into our pools or getting the takeout to the tracks. I could be wrong however and maybe this isn't the majority.

Betfair has about 6-8 tracks daily for exchange wagering (usually Wo + non CDSN/Magna tracks). You can also bet into the USA tote pools directly in Betfair to play the other tracks or exotics, etc.

gm10
09-11-2011, 05:33 AM
You can bet with bookmakers (W/P/S + exotics), in which case your money goes into the US pools.

You can also bet with Betfair for Win/Show (and sometimes quinella). They don't operate on the parimutuel principle, but as a betting exchange. When you back a horse, someone else lays the horse. So it's a different model, and the odds are different from the tote odds, and those odds are fixed (which is a huge benefit imo, but anyway).

You can also place antepost bets with bookmakers. The odds of those are decided by the bookmaker, and they are fixed.

P.S. you can also bet exotics with betfair. That money goes into the US pools.