PDA

View Full Version : Is thre an EXCEL program for Dummies?

Flysofree
09-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I have zero knowledge about this program, but would like to get started . I don't even know if there is more than 1 version around. Which is the simplest to use for recordkeeping and for dowloading information into it?
Thanks

Native Texan III
09-10-2011, 05:29 PM
You do not need to pay for Excel as there are free equivalents out there.

You can use free Google Docs to make a simple spreadsheet on the web.
http://www.google.com/google-d-s/tour1.html

There is a thread below on OpenOffice which has a free Excel equivalent.
All have many tutorials to help you get started.

Getting data from the web for beginners is not so simple these days unless you just "cut and paste it".

Each version has its good and bad points, but whatever you get used to becomes the easiest.

Flysofree
09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
You are probably right.. My limited experience with "free stuff" is not the greatest. Excel must have something going for it..they seem to stand the test of time when I listen to people . I thought there may be several types of Excel and I was looking for the simplest one..

raybo
09-17-2011, 08:05 AM
You are probably right.. My limited experience with "free stuff" is not the greatest. Excel must have something going for it..they seem to stand the test of time when I listen to people . I thought there may be several types of Excel and I was looking for the simplest one..

I use Excel exclusively, but if you aren't going to use macros, Google's spreadsheet will suffice.

If you want Excel, any version will work, unless you plan to use more than 256 columns, in which case you need Excel 2007 or Excel 2010.

Try MrExcel.com for help.

Sinner369
09-17-2011, 10:23 AM
There is one called Statistical Analysis with Excel for Dummies.........!

PM me...........!