PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation to NYRA

GARY Z
09-10-2011, 07:37 AM
It's time to join the ranks of Woodbine , and I believe Ky, and start
using the Tarkus/Chiclet system to indentify horses as against waiting for
to see the actual #'s of the horses under the televised portion of the race,
which, during quite a few races never appeared at the Saratoga meet.

I'd believe this system would be especially important during extreme
weather conditions(fog/heavy rain) and make life easier for Tom D
anf the rest of his crew.

The meet was fantastic at Sar this year, but there were numerous instances
of confusion in race calls with large fields which would be minimized
or eliminated with the Tarkus system.

turninforhome10
09-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Just a question. Does that system lend itself to better individual timing of the horse and would that be easier to use with Brohamer pace figs.

jorcus
09-10-2011, 08:36 AM
The Trakus sytem would be useful. The Tarkus sytem would blast the PA with progressive rock and have Armadillo shaped battle tanks grooming the track.

It's time to join the ranks of Woodbine , and I believe Ky, and start
using the Tarkus/Chiclet system to indentify horses as against waiting for
to see the actual #'s of the horses under the televised portion of the race,
which, during quite a few races never appeared at the Saratoga meet.

I'd believe this system would be especially important during extreme
weather conditions(fog/heavy rain) and make life easier for Tom D
anf the rest of his crew.

The meet was fantastic at Sar this year, but there were numerous instances
of confusion in race calls with large fields which would be minimized
or eliminated with the Tarkus system.

cj's dad
09-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Other than the $$$, there is no valid reason why Trakus should not be implemented.

OTM Al
09-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I would not be surprised if all the new technology is on the to do list. I wouldn't expect it for some time though as there are a whole lot of projects that couldn't be done over the past 10 years that will take priority. Now if you want to cut a check for them to do it, then maybe they'll talk.

KingChas
09-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Recommendation to NYRA

Dear NYRA,
Could you please do something to improve the drainage (Or Whatever) on the Saratoga turf course's?
The "all races are off the turf today" announcement after a storm 2 days ago and nothing but sunshine and heat since, is getting old.

After that Trackus would be fine also. ;)

TYVM

ukbro00
09-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Recommendation to NYRA

Dear NYRA,
Could you please do something to improve the drainage (Or Whatever) on the Saratoga turf course's?
The "all races are off the turf today" announcement after a storm 2 days ago and nothing but sunshine and heat since, is getting old.

TYVM

Are you referring to NEXT DAY after Tropical Storm Irene? I know of no day at Saratoga when ALL the races were taken off the turf multiple days after a storm.

karlskorner
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Gulfstream Park will be using the Trakus system this year.

the little guy
09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Are you referring to NEXT DAY after Tropical Storm Irene? I know of no day at Saratoga when ALL the races were taken off the turf multiple days after a storm.

He completely made that up.

KingChas
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Are you referring to NEXT DAY after Tropical Storm Irene?

Thanks for the dumbdown uk................ ;)

What's the stats TLG am I off-base?
Or does keeping the main race on the Turf downplay the other 5 scheduled?

KingChas
09-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Recommendation to NYRA

Dear NYRA,

TYVM

Please see amended letter;
The "races are off the turf today except for 1 race" announcement after a storm 2 days ago and nothing but sunshine and heat since, is getting old.

Saratoga_Mike
09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I for one hate the Trakus (is that the right spelling?) numbers flying all over the bottom of the screen. They get mangled up, moving all around and on top of each other, rendering them completely useless. As for the timing aspect of the technology, that obviously would be benefical.

BIG49010
09-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I for one hate the Trakus (is that the right spelling?) numbers flying all over the bottom of the screen. They get mangled up, moving all around and on top of each other, rendering them completely useless. As for the timing aspect of the technology, that obviously would be benefical.

I second this, use it for timing, but leave the numbers the way they are or upgrade them so they are without errors.

cj
09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Please see amended letter;
The "races are off the turf today except for 1 race" announcement after a storm 2 days ago and nothing but sunshine and heat since, is getting old.

They are at Belmont, not Saratoga.

KingChas
09-10-2011, 02:15 PM
They are at Belmont, not Saratoga.

I know,I am watching and betting right at this moment.
:confused:

Dumbdown #2 thanks CJ.................. ;)

toussaud
09-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I like Woodbines Trakus better than I like Del Mar's.

Tom
09-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Trakus is over-rated.
What good is it unless you use the track's website to get the data fro their races only.

The charts and PPs don't incorporate the data and is you have a shipper, the whole this is useless.

In spite of Trakus, you still have beaten lengths with an unknown constant.

davew
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I got another one that should be easier to implement and cost less

Have the camera operator show the horse running in the post parade
not the pony horse and the tail of the runner

all that is needed is to wait until the horses turn the corner and come back

right now, the NYRA does the best showing the pony rider holding the racer, but who cares

Stillriledup
09-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I think if NYRA goes to the trakus system, they're going to owe Gary Z some money for his invention.

Go easy on em Gary, don't charge em an arm and a leg for the advice!

GARY Z
09-10-2011, 09:50 PM
thanks for the king thought Still, simply looking to make life
easier for all of us..

Cardus
09-11-2011, 12:05 AM
At times, the rainfall during this week was torrential. I had no problem with NYRA taking a few races off of the turf today.

trigger
09-11-2011, 06:11 AM
http://www.trakus.com/portal.asp

I tried to sign up for Trakus's TNet to get a handle on what kind of info is available from their system to no avail....requested access as a "general fan" (one of their categories) but never heard back from them.
Maybe, someone on this forum could get access as a "professional " and report back to us "fans" what kind of info (exact internal timing for each horse, exact distance traveled, etc????) exists in their system........some of which has the potential to help the fan's handicapping.

jorcus
09-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Here is the trakus info woodbine provides. If you play around a little you will find some nice things about it. Ground coverd is an interesting feature but always keep in mind that there can be path bias and the shortest way home may not be the best.
http://www.woodbineentertainment.com/Woodbine/Racing/Trakus/Pages/WoodbineThoroughbred.aspx

http://www.trakus.com/portal.asp

I tried to sign up for Trakus's TNet to get a handle on what kind of info is available from their system to no avail....requested access as a "general fan" (one of their categories) but never heard back from them.
Maybe, someone on this forum could get access as a "professional " and report back to us "fans" what kind of info (exact internal timing for each horse, exact distance traveled, etc????) exists in their system........some of which has the potential to help the fan's handicapping.

saratoga guy
09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Trakus, in my opinion, is the best innovation the game has seen in a while. And I don't use it for data - I just appreciate the real-time running position info for the entire field.

Every track should have it -- but I'm sure cost is the obstacle.