PDA

View Full Version : Josh Marks Suspended

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
ORC - PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY REGULATED BY THE ORC IN ACCORDANCE WITH FINDINGS AND ORDER M0437-2010 ISSUED BY THE NEW YORK STATE RACING AND WAGERING BOARD, DIVISION OF HARNESS RACING AGAINST JOSHUA MARKS, JULY 5 2011 Commission Rule Number : 1.09 AND 3.10 Date Issued : 08-SEP-2011 Violation Occurred : at MOHAWK RACETRACK Suspended From 08-SEP-2011 Indefinitely (Full Suspension)

Sorry Hanover1 for reporting it. Another black eye for harness racing.

The saga continues.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 01:50 PM
ORC - PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY REGULATED BY THE ORC IN ACCORDANCE WITH FINDINGS AND ORDER M0437-2010 ISSUED BY THE NEW YORK STATE RACING AND WAGERING BOARD, DIVISION OF HARNESS RACING AGAINST JOSHUA MARKS, JULY 5 2011 Commission Rule Number : 1.09 AND 3.10 Date Issued : 08-SEP-2011 Violation Occurred : at MOHAWK RACETRACK Suspended From 08-SEP-2011 Indefinitely (Full Suspension)

Sorry Harness1 for reporting it. Another black eye for harness racing.

The saga continues.

Glad you spent your time on this. The kid deserves all the attention you can give him, and so does the sport. Good work once again.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Rather than focus on an individual, lets look at the bigger picture here if possible? Seems Canada is enforcing a ruling handed down in New York against this kid, correct? (Don't want any inaccuracy, God forbid...) And NJ allows a filly to compete that they (Canada) had ruled suspended for 90 days in violation of a Class 2 usage. Anybody see a problem here? We can spend ALL DAY pulling up individual violations, and accomplish zero. By the way, I suppose the latest RCI statement was just another attempt by horsemen to whitewash this huge conspiracy to cheat the public?

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Glad you spent your time on this. The kid deserves all the attention you can give him, and so does the sport. Good work once again.

Hey its a dirty job but someone gotta do it.

We have to weed out the 'dirty' kids/horsemen in the business.

Congrats to the ORC for doing just that.

And Mr Hanover1 please understand this. The time when such things were swept under the rug are long gone.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Sorry Hanover1 for reporting it. Another black eye for harness racing.

The saga continues.

And what are you hoping to accopmplish that nobody else can? You continue to return to the scene of the crime it seems. How strange.....

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 02:05 PM
And what are you hoping to accopmplish

Its called public awareness, which of course you wouldn't understand.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey its a dirty job but someone gotta do it.

We have to weed out the 'dirty' kids/horsemen in the business.

Congrats to the ORC for doing just that.

And Mr Hanover1 please understand this. The time when such things were swept under the rug are long gone.

It was not so much swept under the rug as it was a much more permissive state of affairs. The time that is long gone is the hay and oats training. No secret here, and I would have to hire someone to post infractions as they occur daily. The "we" you refer to in regards to doing the "weeding" are the folks in charge of daily operations at each and every track. Not bettors or casual observers. Just recently 2 stewards resigned after investigation revealed they were tipping off horsemen as to who was getting performance enhancing swab testing prior to post. These are the type of things that need to occur, along with electing a national oversight committee/person to place regulations under 1 jurisdiction. Highlighting trials and tribulations of a horseman is not going to accomplish anthing close to this. We cry about the image of the sport? Are you part of the solution or the problem? Once again, posting individual violations, something that we all know is public record for those that really care, is not in line with reform in this sport, but rather the very black eye you speak of. If all you can do is speak poorly of the sport, and its participants, what are you doing here? The crusade excuse? Really?

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 02:19 PM

What I do understand? Really? I understand you have attacked horsemen on another forum, and get the same responses, yet you cannot relent. Perhaps this is the forum for you.....

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 02:23 PM

What you are not aware of, is that folks don't give a rats ass about harness racing anymore. That is an awareness that many would agree with, and the awareness I DO understand. Your repeated postings of violations (public records) perpetuates this awareness, but that is something you wouldn't understand......

LottaKash
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM

Thx for posting that Biscuit.....

I feel differently than Hanover about the advertising of "known felons" and all...

I say it's good for the sport, as people will actually "see" that someone "is" watching the would be "felons".....

If I was a budding enthusast, I would be glad to see that the people in charge of the game are vigilant and that cheaters are dealt with and punished, for trying to steal our "kash"...

Hey, the more you know...

best,

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Thx for posting that Biscuit.....

I feel differently than Hanover about the advertising of "known felons" and all...

I say it's good for the sport, as people will actually "see" that someone "is" watching the would be "felons".....

If I was a budding enthusast, I would be glad to see that the people in charge of the game are vigilant and that cheaters are dealt with and punished, for trying to steal our "kash"...

Hey, the more you know...

best,

Any budding enthusiast would run, run, run, if they thought their investment was connected to this filth that is exposed daily, and that is exactly what is occuring, or is someone blind?

LottaKash
09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Any budding enthusiast would run, run, run, if they thought their investment was connected to this filth that is exposed daily, and that is exactly what is occuring, or is someone blind?

Hey Honey, "can you read this to me, I think it's from Hanover1....Damn honey, where is my cane....?

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey Honey, "can you read this to me, I think it's from Hanover1....Damn honey, where is my cane....?

Ah, yes, the voice of reason. Its settled then, you agree a prospective investor would run when exposed to the garbage, and this is what is happening. Say it aint so......

LottaKash
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM

Hanover, I am often confused by your stand on things....You seem to be flip flopping all over the place...

For instance, you chastised SeaBiscuit somewhat, when you say why advertise the felons that are trying to steal from us, and then on the other hand please just re-read what you said in this post alone... You've just alluded to the same thing, no?

Seabiscuit isn't running around trashing horse racing all over the planet....He is/was just passing it along to us "players", here at PA, that just might like to know what is what, from time to time...Is all I see....Discussion among fellow players...

best,

mrroyboy
09-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Guys I am going to keep following and betting harness racing. I still think it's a great sport and smart handicappers can still win.

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 05:02 PM
What I do understand? Really? I understand you have attacked horsemen on another forum, and get the same responses, yet you cannot relent. Perhaps this is the forum for you.....

Yes it is true that I post on other forums but me attack horsemen now that is news to me. I would like to know the details, what forums, what threads etc. If you don't wanna post it here please PM me.

I have been known to defend horsemen too. Obviously you didn't see my 'Pena's Witch Trial' thread at this very forum. Please do so before you write shall we say untruths.

I call em as I see em.

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Ah, yes, the voice of reason. Its settled then, you agree a prospective investor would run when exposed to the garbage, and this is what is happening. Say it aint so......

If I were a new prospective investor in this game, I would like to have all the info on it BEFORE and not AFTER I start investing my hard earned dollars in this business.

Say it ain't so.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Guys I am going to keep following and betting harness racing. I still think it's a great sport and smart handicappers can still win.

That is the way to enjoy ones self righ there. Not spending time playing the "guess what Timmy did yersterday" game under the guise of trying to improve the sport. Passing along info from player to player is fine and well, however it does detract from new/casual fan bases when exposed to this. And many wish they could expose everybody to the message, further spooking potential interests. Take the fight to the people that make/enforce the rules. If you hear enough bad things about something, are you not turned off? I sure am. Drawing lines in the sand ala "Mr Horseman" further promotes the distrust for all to see, yet we want to blame the other guy all the time. Try some smart selections, numbers crunching, and handicapping, as some of you guys are sharp. Forget the "look what he did" and call the guy who can help you instead. Try to make a difference instead of sounding like the same old guy that lost a wager and just knew it was all rigged because "look what Tommy did". Join HANA. There is strenght in numbers. When meetings take place, be there and speak up. Sliding snide comments in the middle of a thread about a racehorse just aint workin.....and we wonder where the respect went?

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
If I were a new prospective investor in this game, I would like to have all the info on it BEFORE and not AFTER I start investing my hard earned dollars in this business.

Say it ain't so.

And when you get covered in enough shit, you will run.....

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
We cry about the image of the sport? Are you part of the solution or the problem?

So you think NOT highlighting these violations is the solution. My my.

Yes I do believe that highlighting these violations is part of the solution.

Violators should understand that there is a price to pay for violating rules.

Not just in fines and suspensions but also that their reputations can be tarnished forever which could be more damaging to them more so than any fine or suspension.

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 05:40 PM
And when you get covered in enough shit, you will run.....

Maybe I will run, maybe I won't but at least I will have all the satisfaction that I entered the business with some knowledge at hand.

But if I entered the game and got covered in enough shit as you put it without any knowledge before hand, I would be cursing the horsemen, the track and the drivers and most probably the day I was born.

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe I will run, maybe I won't but at least I will have all the satisfaction that I entered the business with some knowledge at hand.

But if I entered the game and got covered in enough shit as you put it without any knowledge before hand, I would be cursing the horsemen, the track and the drivers and most probably the day I was born.

You do most all these things in your posts daily, since you are entrenched in the game. Join a force that can make changes, and you can be heard by people that can make changes, and not just set around and agree with your angst over the horrid state you find yourself surrounded by. Paint the ugly picture to the people that can make it right instead of those that just agree. Or continue to piss in the wind.....

LottaKash
09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Or continue to piss in the wind.....

Hanover, you think posting in this forum is pissing in the wind ??

Not me....at all........

best,

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM

Not me....at all........

best,

Thats exactly what he thinks John.

I will reply to his pissing post in due course of time. I am a little busy right now making a contribution to the Mohawk handle, while he is sitting at home pissing his retirement away.

What a disgruntled horseman!!!

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Please do so before you write shall we say untruths.Uh oh.... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
So you think NOT highlighting these violations is the solution. My my.I sense a trend developing.

Let it be known that Sea Biscuit would NOT qualify as a member of the mythical "posse" of defenders that Hanover1 has accused me of sicking on him on a regular basis.

Peace. I'm out.

LottaKash
09-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I sense a trend developing.
"Peace". I'm out.

And "love", Mike, and "love".........:jump:....(while heaving a heavy sigh)

best,

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 09:18 PM

Not me....at all........

best,

We are pissing in the wind when we talk about what Josh Marks did yesterday, yes. How did we miss this?

Hanover1
09-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes it is true that I post on other forums but me attack horsemen now that is news to me. I would like to know the details, what forums, what threads etc. If you don't wanna post it here please PM me.

I have been known to defend horsemen too. Obviously you didn't see my 'Pena's Witch Trial' thread at this very forum. Please do so before you write shall we say untruths.

I call em as I see em.

I hide zero, never did. A former assistant of mine, who still keeps in regular touch with me, found amusement, along with me, concerning how I waste my time on these boards vs going to the track all the time, or playing golf, ect...it came around to my latest debate on this forum, and he informed me that he contributes on Barn to Wire at times. A quick browse by him informed us both that you are on that site, and have like issues with others on the site. He has never lied to me in over 30 years. Now tell me someone else is using your name.....as far as defending Pena goes, you have landed on the wrong side of the fence yet again, and now I understand. When we zig, you zag. Typical of several posters actually, on that forum for sure. Do explain how you defended the guy who was just BARRED-kicked out of Yonkers/Tioga/Vernon Downs, and the horsemen ALL agree that this was the right move, except you, who, once again, disagree with horsemen, just because you can, and do. It's getting old..wager in silence, quit the crying, or leave the vile sport you spend every day telling the world is rotten.

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2011, 03:22 AM
I hide zero, never did. A former assistant of mine, who still keeps in regular touch with me, found amusement, along with me, concerning how I waste my time on these boards vs going to the track all the time, or playing golf, ect...it came around to my latest debate on this forum, and he informed me that he contributes on Barn to Wire at times. A quick browse by him informed us both that you are on that site, and have like issues with others on the site. He has never lied to me in over 30 years. Now tell me someone else is using your name.....as far as defending Pena goes, you have landed on the wrong side of the fence yet again, and now I understand. When we zig, you zag. Typical of several posters actually, on that forum for sure. Do explain how you defended the guy who was just BARRED-kicked out of Yonkers/Tioga/Vernon Downs, and the horsemen ALL agree that this was the right move, except you, who, once again, disagree with horsemen, just because you can, and do. It's getting old..wager in silence, quit the crying, or leave the vile sport you spend every day telling the world is rotten.

Are we going to start discussing on this board my comments made on other forums? You are more foolish than I thought you are. You claimed in an earlier post that I attacked horsemen and I requested you to show me one post where I did that. So far you have not produced that one post which only leads me to believe that you have resorted to lying to make your point/s come acrosshttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/Nono.gif

So you are on the band wagon of those loser trainers who couldn't win against Pena and wanted him out. Pena was bulldozed from Yonkers without an iota of proof of any wrong doing except for winning races. I guess you and those other losers you used to hang around with would have been very happy if he lost more races than winning them. I thought that trainers were supposed to win with their charges. How foolish of me to think that. If you had been in his shoes you would in most probability be crying foul from here to China. And you claim to fight for horsemen's rights?.

By the way what was your lifetime stats? Just curious.

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Join HANA.

So you are a HANA member.

Isn't that the same organization where its president openly advocates rebates shops. He regularly send out emails to every horse player whose email address he gets a hold of to join and bet with the rebate shops while making commissions of every player he enlists.

Do you understand what rebates shops do and how they are hurting the racetracks and horsemen?

He is actually asking you to dip in horsemens purses and race track revenues to make a profit for themselves. Does this guy care about racetracks or horsemen for that matter? Absolutely not.

Now I am beginning to understand your mentality a little bit better.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Isn't that the same organization where its president openly advocates rebates shops. He regularly send out emails to every horse player whose email address he gets a hold of to join and bet with the rebate shops while making commissions of every player he enlists.You best be sure of this allegation.

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2011, 05:50 AM
You best be sure of this allegation.

Please read this

http://www.jcapper.com/Article_Rebates.html

I thought we had discussed this subject and covered much of it in another thread in the T-bred section. Maybe you missed it.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83357&highlight=rebates+shops

Hanover1
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Are we going to start discussing on this board my comments made on other forums? You are more foolish than I thought you are. You claimed in an earlier post that I attacked horsemen and I requested you to show me one post where I did that. So far you have not produced that one post which only leads me to believe that you have resorted to lying to make your point/s come acrosshttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/Nono.gif

So you are on the band wagon of those loser trainers who couldn't win against Pena and wanted him out. Pena was bulldozed from Yonkers without an iota of proof of any wrong doing except for winning races. I guess you and those other losers you used to hang around with would have been very happy if he lost more races than winning them. I thought that trainers were supposed to win with their charges. How foolish of me to think that. If you had been in his shoes you would in most probability be crying foul from here to China. And you claim to fight for horsemen's rights?.

By the way what was your lifetime stats? Just curious.

People can/will read for themselves if they even care to see for themselves how you conduct yourself on forums (unlikely). Who are these "other losers" I hang around with? My lifetime stats? Why does this even matter? If I ever won 1 race, it would be more than you ever did as a trainer/driver. I have recorded several memorable wins, both here and abroad. So, once again, it matters how? Once again, join HANA, learn what they do, as PA suggested, and try to make a difference by being heard by folks that can/do make a difference, and give the horsemen a rest. Shouting out to the public how rotten we/the sport is, promotes nothing but negative awareness, and zero action. Use it as a handicapping angle, as many do. As far as Pena is concerned, Gee ya got me...we banded together, everybody let us, by the way, and we singled him out just because we can, and no other reason, oh, and he was dropping aged claimers 4-5 seconds off lifetime marks with an undetected substance that we all know can't possibly exist. :eek:

Hanover1
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
You best be sure of this allegation.

He is not. I see a trend.....

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2011, 05:16 PM
He is not. I see a trend.....

I just don't speak from the top of my head like you do.

When Pace asked for proof I provided it with a link address.

Obviously you didn't even bother to open the link and read Platts standard email which he sends out to horse players.

As far as you are concerned ignorance is bliss.

Hanover1
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
I just don't speak from the top of my head like you do.

When Pace asked for proof I provided it with a link address.

Obviously you didn't even bother to open the link and read Platts standard email which he sends out to horse players.

As far as you are concerned ignorance is bliss.

I consider the source when reading "As far as you are concerned....." I'll consider that when I get invited back up to Goshen.. :lol:

Sea Biscuit
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
People can/will read for themselves if they even care to see for themselves how you conduct yourself on forums (unlikely). Who are these "other losers" I hang around with? My lifetime stats? Why does this even matter? If I ever won 1 race, it would be more than you ever did as a trainer/driver. I have recorded several memorable wins, both here and abroad. So, once again, it matters how? Once again, join HANA, learn what they do, as PA suggested, and try to make a difference by being heard by folks that can/do make a difference, and give the horsemen a rest. Shouting out to the public how rotten we/the sport is, promotes nothing but negative awareness, and zero action. Use it as a handicapping angle, as many do. As far as Pena is concerned, Gee ya got me...we banded together, everybody let us, by the way, and we singled him out just because we can, and no other reason, oh, and he was dropping aged claimers 4-5 seconds off lifetime marks with an undetected substance that we all know can't possibly exist. :eek:

Never underestimate the power of the printed word. It can bring down a presidency. If Richard Nixon was alive he would tell you that.

You and your 3rd party friend spread utter lies about me on this forum and people are supposed to 'look for themselves'. Wow!!!

The only reason I asked you for your stats is because I wanted to know if you had any degree of success in this business. Since you refuse to disclose your stats other than 'several memorable wins', I can only assume you were not very good at what you did for fifty years because winning trainers never crib about other trainers winning and dropping seconds. They just keep on winning and collecting the big checks.

So what happens now Mr Hotshot with several memorable wins. Next time a trainer claims an aged horse and drops a few seconds in his first start, is he supposed to go too like Pena?

If Platt and HANA are doing such a good job other than recruiting horse players for rebate shops, what do we have to worry about?

Have you read the Paulick report on rebates. Do read it and enlighten yourself. All you have to do is click on the link below.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/platt-and-rebate-shops-not-friends-of-racing/

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Please read this

http://www.jcapper.com/Article_Rebates.html

I thought we had discussed this subject and covered much of it in another thread in the T-bred section. Maybe you missed it.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83357&highlight=rebates+shops
I am specifically referring to this allegation:

He regularly send out emails to every horse player whose email address he gets a hold of to join and bet with the rebate shops while making commissions of every player he enlists.How exactly do you intend to prove that he regularly sends out emails to every horse player whose email address he gets a hold of (this implies the email list from HANA) to join and bet with the rebate shops....

baconswitchfarm
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I didn't get my e-mail. Why have I been snubbed ?

Hanover1
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I didn't get my e-mail. Why have I been snubbed ?

Oddly, I was hosed as well....this is cheating.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
For the record:

After reply #38, Sea Biscuit and Hanover1 kind of shook hands and made peace, in case anyone was wondering. However, I decided to remove this exchange because it was best meant for PM due to the private nature of some of the material discussed.

Sea Biscuit
09-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Nothing to with rebates but here is a TVG interview of Jeff Platt where Paceadvantage.com is even mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBKeCKm2qiY