PDA

View Full Version : Why did Christina O bet all her money in Seaside Showdown?

Stillriledup
09-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Christina was ahead in the handicapping challenge of TVG hosts and she bet all her money on the Mike Harrington horse in the feature. I just don't know why she would bet it all, that doesnt make sense, if you're in the lead, make some of the other hosts, who need to 'stab' at longshots, come get you.

Why would she blow the lead like that, she was ahead, she didnt need to risk it all.

toussaud
09-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Christina was ahead in the handicapping challenge of TVG hosts and she bet all her money on the Mike Harrington horse in the feature. I just don't know why she would bet it all, that doesnt make sense, if you're in the lead, make some of the other hosts, who need to 'stab' at longshots, come get you.

Why would she blow the lead like that, she was ahead, she didnt need to risk it all.
you play to win the game. can't knock it honestly.

GameTheory
09-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Maybe they actually have some money on the result and she was hedging with real bets. I did the same thing in one of the PA contests we had here. I was in the lead near the end and knew if that if I hit big on the last race I'd surely be the winner and get the cash prize, so I bet all my fake money on the longshot I liked, but hedged with real bets at the ADW so I would make a few hundred either way. (Which is what happened -- lost the contest but made money anyway.)

davew
09-07-2011, 11:48 PM
maybe she got a tip from a trainer?

Stillriledup
09-08-2011, 12:37 AM
you play to win the game. can't knock it honestly.

But she was already WINNING the game and tossed it all away. I'm not knocking 'trying to win' i'm just curious as to this decision to risk it all on the last day when she didnt have to.

dinque
09-08-2011, 01:41 AM
if the bets are put in b4 the first she wouldnt have known that no one hit any of their last day plays to pass her....i think it was winner take all and everyone was taking a stab, so i guess she thought by the eighth race she would need a likely winner to reclaim the lead

KingChas
09-08-2011, 01:58 AM

It's called cleaning out your locker.
Brighter days ahead for this little cutie.................. ;)

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Brighter days ahead for this little cutie.................. ;)I've been hearing this for a long time now...when is it going to happen?

Stillriledup
09-08-2011, 04:40 AM
I've been hearing this for a long time now...when is it going to happen?

When she sends photos to Larry Flynt? :D

Tom
09-08-2011, 07:47 AM
It's called cleaning out your locker.
Brighter days ahead for this little cutie.................. ;)

I thought the little cutie they were talking about was Ken!

mannyberrios
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
When she sends photos to Larry Flynt? :D
Or joins Ken R. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canarsie
09-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I've been hearing this for a long time now...when is it going to happen?

Probably when she chooses to. Some people just love what they do money isn't the objective. We praise the athlete who gives a hometown discount all the time don't we?

If she was looking for another job in this day and age it wouldn't take long for it to leak.

Shemp Howard
09-08-2011, 09:33 PM

I gave up trying to figure women out years ago.:bang: