PDA

View Full Version : Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

turninforhome10
09-07-2011, 10:32 AM
My ex father in law sent me this one. Thought it was good material for a debate on whether we vote for the party with a plan? (right that will happen) or a party of blamers.
http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-reflections-gop-operative-who-left-cult/1314907779.

Democrats have nothing and the GOP is moving in all kinds of crazy directions. Are we just ignorant when it comes to voting or are we propping up trash and making it look presentable. I was always told you can polish a turd but shiny shit is still shit.

cj's dad
09-07-2011, 11:57 AM
This is why I am a registered Independent (in Md., we are "unaffiliated").

Both parties represent their own best interests and promise anything to be elected.

Unfortunately we are left with choosing between the lesser of two evils.

toetoe
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Blessings upon the renegade Republican.

As to Truthout, check out the mission statement:

"Truthout provides an independent platform for in-depth investigative reporting and critical analysis, to reveal systemic injustice and offer transformative ideas to strengthen democracy."

Key word: "transformative." An entire magazine devoted to the Dustin Hoffman-style wet dream of Obamunism.

Color me ...
Antitransformativistic

toetoe
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
What's wrong with gridlock ? We have too many laws already. Why wish for these bums to make more ?

If the author is correct in his assertion that Republicans want more and more people incarcerated, then they are Republicans --- or shall I say conservatives ? --- in name only. :ThmbDown: