PDA

View Full Version : people that suffer from heartburns

lamboguy
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
a friend of mine gave me an old remedy for heartburn that has seemed to work for about a week so far. i haven't had any after trying ant acid remedy's like malox and ant-acid pills.

it is apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons mixed in with 8 ounces of water. stirr it and drink it before you eat a meal.

RaceBookJoe
09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
a friend of mine gave me an old remedy for heartburn that has seemed to work for about a week so far. i haven't had any after trying ant acid remedy's like malox and ant-acid pills.

it is apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons mixed in with 8 ounces of water. stirr it and drink it before you eat a meal.

I drink organic apple cider vinegar with 'the mother'. Not sure what 'the mother' is, but it supposed to help. I just pour it right from the bottle onto a spoon and usually have 2 or 3 teaspoons. This remedy makes more sense than taking any dumb anti acids etc rbj

Robert Goren
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
I used to go through a couple packs of Rolaids a day every day, then the doctor put on me on Prevacid. It was a miracle.

ArlJim78
09-07-2011, 09:33 AM
yep, forget about rolaids, Maalox or Tums.
A friend told me about Prilosec and it too was a like a miracle for me.

canleakid
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Nexium, now on Omeprazole :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Prilosec twice a day keeps me in pretty good order for a guy that just about quit eating altogether.

Dave Schwartz
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I used to have huge problems with heartburn and acid reflux. I used to go through 1.5 big jugs of Rolaids every month. Now I don't take one Rolaid in 6 months.

There were two answers for me.

1. Prilosec. The good news is that it is over the counter. The bad news is that I have been on it for years and cannot get off.

The better news is that it works. I might get one small acid reflux experience every 6-8 months.

2. The antidote for "acid" is a "base." That is, when you eat something that you know usually gives you heartburn, eat something that is high on the PH scale.

I read this in a book called "Alkalize or Die."
http://www.amazon.com/Alkalize-Die-Superior-Through-Alkaline-Acid/dp/0961959533

Easiest and best are melons: cantaloupe, watermelon.

By the way, if you eat hot foods - like jalapenos. Melon is also the cure for taking the burn away from too many Scoville units.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

magwell
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I used to suffer with heartburn big time, took everything just mentioned here was not good, then was told not to mix protein with carbs, (salads go with both) now sleep like a baby. Just try it you have nothing to lose but sitting up all night suffering thinking you might be having a heart attack ...... BTW you can eat all you want just dont mix them......:cool:

Mike at A+
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm Italian. I don't need no steeeenking antacid!

Actor
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Nexium, now on Omeprazole :ThmbUp:
Prilosec, Nexium and Omeprazole are all the same thing. Omeprazole is the generic version. I take two Omeprazole per day and my doctor says it's going to be for the rest of my life unless things take a turn for the worse and I need surgery to correct my plumbing.

Tom
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Hot peppers, hot sauce...build you tummy into an industrial blast furnace - burn out the pain.

fast4522
09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Prilosec, Nexium and Omeprazole are all the same thing. Omeprazole is the generic version. I take two Omeprazole per day and my doctor says it's going to be for the rest of my life unless things take a turn for the worse and I need surgery to correct my plumbing.

The problem is those pills make your bones weak and brittle and you will need first floor housing before your time. The old fashion remedy is better for you until weight loss is achieved. Most stomach disorders can be attributed to a hiatal hernia and extra pounds or bad food.

skate
09-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I used to suffer with heartburn big time, took everything just mentioned here was not good, then was told not to mix protein with carbs, (salads go with both) now sleep like a baby. Just try it you have nothing to lose but sitting up all night suffering thinking you might be having a heart attack ...... BTW you can eat all you want just dont mix them......:cool:

Mags...you sweet thing you..so correct you are.

We have TWO digestive juices, one for carbs and the other for protein. When we mix carbs and protein, the juices mix and dilute, which causes the acid to over work.

Basics, it is what we mix, which does not mean you must follow or you will die.

Fruit is in digestive form when ripe.
Veggies will digest by either acid.

Greyfox
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Yes. That works.:ThmbUp:
I told a man about it who suffered from cholesterol problems that his doctors couldn't find a solution to. He didn't want to take Apple Cider vinegar because of his heart burn. I told him try it. He did. It worked wonders.
(Several people also believe that Apple Cider vinegar works because the long held belief that Heartburn is caused by an "acid stomach" is an Old Wives Tale.
They claim that heartburn is the body's request for more acid, not less. Whatever, I swear by Apple Cider vinegar.)