PDA

View Full Version : What the happened to JJ Castellano??

pktruckdriver
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
John V 53 wins going into last Day got 1 more to end up with 54 wins

Javier Castellano 52 wins going into last day, but does not ride, why??

John V winnings $3,091,370

JJ Castellano winnings $4,004,028

Toatal record was amazing look at 1st 2nd and 3rd

Wins 2nds 3rds
John V 54 41 30

JJ Castellano 52 41 30

To me way to go JJ, where ever you are, your riding is top notch in my book, considering what John V. gets to ride, congrats

Golf and Horses
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
NameStarts1st2nd3rdEarnings John R. Velazquez 266544130$3,091,370 Javier Castellano 273524130$4,004,028

Going in to the last day, he disappears, what happened to him, did he not want to win , did he do a Barry Sanders on us, of course he won the main thing, the $$ title, by a million roughly?

He rode at Parx yesterday

aaron
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
He rode out of town in some big race.

toussaud
09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Turf Monster at Parx

ten2oneormore
09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I think the main reason he went was to ride Turbo Compressor in the Smarty Jones .
Too bad he got stuck down on the inside where I'm pretty sure you didn't want to be.Not his fault and I am looking forward to where Turbo Compressor shows up next.

His mount in the Turf Monster was a bomb but he gave him about as good a ride as you could the horse just wasn't good enough.

He also rode Rose Catherine in the Amazon but think she lost a step.

toussaud
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I think the main reason he went was to ride Turbo Compressor in the Smarty Jones .
Too bad he got stuck down on the inside where I'm pretty sure you didn't want to be.Not his fault and I am looking forward to where Turbo Compressor shows up next.

His mount in the Turf Monster was a bomb but he gave him about as good a ride as you could the horse just wasn't good enough.

He also rode Rose Catherine in the Amazon but think she lost a step.
rose Catherine was extremely disappointing

onefast99
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
rose Catherine was extremely disappointing
She isn't striding out well in the stretch.

Wright Stuff
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Ironically the 2 horses that lured Castellano to PARX were trained by Todd Pletcher. Turbo Compressor and Rose Catherine. Another instering fact is Pletcher set a new Saratoga record with 38 winners. Thirty-one of them were ridden by Johnny Velazquez. Castellano is my Saratoga 2011 top jockey.

pktruckdriver
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Well it seems that he had other plans, no matter what the day would have brought, well sorry for the non-wins, but we all know he will win his share of winners for a long time coming. Like the riding title meant little to him, as he planned to leave before no matter how close he was to winning a Riding title, business, all about business, completely understandable from a professional rider, :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: .

Stay smart and safe, JJ

patrick

PS: Wonder what JJ's mutel average was compared to John's

Robert Fischer
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM

there were a few trips in that race weren't there... Turbo Compressor looked like he might have 'singed' the rail a little there... Albarado was hesitant to to put Redeemed up closer to the pace and had a lot of horse. Redeemed isn't the biggest looking horse in the world and although his move was big, he didn't respond great to the whip, swaying a little in the stretch. The 8 horse I'm Steppin' It Up went 5 wide on the first turn while pressuring the pace, moved up to the pace and ran on gamely through the stretch.

offtrack
09-06-2011, 11:35 PM
http://nyra.com/Saratoga/Handicapping/Statistics/FactsandFigures.pdf

JJ's average win payoff was $10.40.

classhandicapper
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I think the main reason he went was to ride Turbo Compressor in the Smarty Jones . Too bad he got stuck down on the inside where I'm pretty sure you didn't want to be. Not his fault and I am looking forward to where Turbo Compressor shows up next.

A few of the contenders spent a lot of time inside and are going to have excuse going into their next start.

Linny
09-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Todd lured him out of town with stakes runners to clear a path for JV! :cool:

pktruckdriver
09-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Todd lured him out of town with stakes runners to clear a path for JV! :cool:

:lol: :lol:

ten2oneormore
09-08-2011, 09:09 PM
A few of the contenders spent a lot of time inside and are going to have excuse going into their next start.

Now that Uncle Mo is running in the Kelso I guess there is a chance Turbo Compressor goes in the PA Derby.I assume one of the other contenders you are talking about is JJs Lucky Train but he is being pointed to the PA Derby also and between them two I have to go with TC.

Robert Fischer
09-24-2011, 04:39 PM
there were a few trips in that race weren't there... Turbo Compressor looked like he might have 'singed' the rail a little there... Albarado was hesitant to to put Redeemed up closer to the pace and had a lot of horse. Redeemed isn't the biggest looking horse in the world and although his move was big, he didn't respond great to the whip, swaying a little in the stretch. The 8 horse I'm Steppin' It Up went 5 wide on the first turn while pressuring the pace, moved up to the pace and ran on gamely through the stretch.

YEA... he stepped it back up today.

they couldn't give me a price so i wouldn't give them a penny. 10.80 for probably about a $6 horse in the Kent today, but I wanted $14-15 from these bastards. It was fun cheering him home against a hopeless 4/5 shot(king congie) though.

Robert Fischer
09-24-2011, 04:50 PM
this is a good horse.

he's a legit G2 - G3 animal, and i don't go by the paper classes.

A guy like chad brown and they could even keep jeremy rose or go with a guy like dominguez who has real soft hands on the lead... the owners could run in some bigger graded routes with this guy. As far as the animal itself is concerned he's got a bigger motor than what a lot of these horses that the top trainers have peaked right now. Has a little room to move-up. He's a little better than where First Dude was and you see how Baffert squeezed a stakes out of him. A guy like brown and a horse like this and a jock who can win out front and this is an animal where you could steal one of the better graded routes, even a grade 1 if you could get a favorable setup and bias.
Wins the Kent today @ 15-1ml, but this was not a better performance than his last 2 races.

Robert Fischer
10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
why does he keep STEPPIN IT UP ??!

didn't even need 1/4"bends vs. these BUMS :jump:

iceknight
11-13-2011, 09:53 AM

Turbo Compressor showed up at a Handicap race during the Calder Millions Day.
He won by 10 lengths vs easy competition at 1 1/8mi. Not great enough odds to bet on him though!

Equibase chart (http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/CRC111211USA10.pdf)

So, now that race is over, where/how do I find out about the Beyer no awarded after the race?

Tom
11-13-2011, 10:56 AM
It will be in the Winner's Books in a day or so.
Well worth a sub to Simulcast Weekly or Daily.

therussmeister
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
For stakes races it is on DRF website, click on results => stakes replays. He got a 103 (http://www1.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp)

classhandicapper
11-13-2011, 02:52 PM
For the record, I had the inside as potentially bad in his last start also (pending further evidence).

I didn't play him yesterday. I was very busy and didn't even realize he was running, but I would have played him as the 3rd choice in that spot.

iceknight
11-14-2011, 01:51 AM
For stakes races it is on DRF website, click on results => stakes replays. He got a 103 (http://www1.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp)

Thanks Tom/Russ!