PDA

View Full Version : AQU Sunday

SAL
11-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Here are my picks for Aqueduct Sunday 11-23
Really worked the card today, haven’t been playing much at this track lately, but I’m going to get more into it today.

R1 - #4 Glorious Export- Trainer has won with long layoff horses before despite the 0/2 stat that the DRF shows. His last race close to a year ago was his first on a fast dirt surface and he ran well in a NW1. Has obviously had physical problems throughout his career, with 9 lifetime starts and multiple layoffs, so the drop into claimers is not so alarming. At 10/1 or better he’s worth a shot. Also like #1a Bobbys Buckaroo. He dominated in his last and anything near that race will win this.

R2 - #10 Polonia-Tough to go against her. The winner of her last race returned to win by 6+ lengths in a statebred NW1. Expect this one to be bet below it’s low ML, so my bet on this one will be limited to some P3’s.

R3 - #5 Glifter-Battled gamely in a race with fast fractions. A repeat of that effort would mean an open length lead at the half mile pole here.

R4 - #10 Maximum Appeal – Got involved in a 5 horse duel in the backstretch before fading last time. Drops and gets the trainer’s go-to guy Velazquez. Trainer does very well with the sprint/route move also.

R5 - #9 Rosie’s Big Boy-ML fav is starting to look like a sucker horse to me. I think Klesaris has got this one running well again. Hasn’t run on a fast dirt track in a while. Interesting jock switch, but I like Lopez on frontrunners.

R6 - #1 Kingmaker-Hoping the time off will lessen the bounce factor with this one. Don’t see a runner here that can step with this one early, so it may be wave bye bye time again.

R7 – Pass-

R8 - #3 Wild Berry-Not convinced of Forest Music’s ability just yet. I think this one can run some and I’m hoping for one of the other frontrunners to challenge Forest Music early on. And Suff, I liked her before I saw your pick, and I like her even more now.

R9 - #2 Cool Hal-Showed great determination last time and I think the pace will be to his liking for a repeat. Like lightly raced horses in this kind of race.