PDA

View Full Version : Terps uniforms?

elysiantraveller
09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone watching this game and seeing these uniforms... jesus...

Its too bad they did the half/half helmet because if they made the red/white section symmetrical over the whole thing it would be pretty bad ass...

Miami isn't looking too good... kinda feel bad for Al Golden. You thought Temple was a mess when you got there? HA! :lol:

cj's dad
09-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I've been a Terp fan since 1963+ and these uniforms - especially the helmets- are embarrassing to say the least.

Good grief.

Robert Fischer
09-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone watching this game and seeing these uniforms... jesus...

Its too bad they did the half/half helmet because if they made the red/white section symmetrical over the whole thing it would be pretty bad ass...

Miami isn't looking too good... kinda feel bad for Al Golden. You thought Temple was a mess when you got there? HA! :lol:

yea the red/white over the helmet and BOTH shoulder pads would have been much better. Black and Yellow isn't their signature football colors, and it sure doesn't work in this busy look.

the whole lineup of uni designs for this year looks like experimental phase that no-one ok'd.

I assume they want jerseys that will sell to the kids and will be a symbol on the field...
This isn't either.

dav4463
09-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Almost as ugly as that "red on red" monstrosity Georgia trotted out on the field yesterday! Can't believe Georgia tarnished such a classic uniform that they wore back in the Hershel Walker days.

cj
09-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Maryland fan too, and those were hideous. The thing is though they won't use that part of the flag without using the black and yellow one as well. It is a great state flag, but it is not a good combo for a uniform!

Robert Goren
09-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Almost as ugly as that "red on red" monstrosity Georgia trotted out on the field yesterday! Can't believe Georgia tarnished such a classic uniform that they wore back in the Hershel Walker days.Oregon's green verison of basically the same uniform is just as bad.

ElKabong
09-06-2011, 12:42 AM
anyone know exactly why Maryland, Boise, Georgia changed uni's this week? Was it Phil Knight or did the U's do it on their own?

Georgia was particularly bad. They have classic traditional uni's, but that shit they wore the other nite was gay.

cj
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
anyone know exactly why Maryland, Boise, Georgia changed uni's this week? Was it Phil Knight or did the U's do it on their own?

Georgia was particularly bad. They have classic traditional uni's, but that shit they wore the other nite was gay.

Maryland has been Under Armour for a while now.

cj's dad
09-06-2011, 09:34 AM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMILKO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JMILKO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png

canleakid
09-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow, if the Ducks ever play the Terps, I will watch the game on my "antiqued" black and white tv, cause all that COLOR would blow up my TV :D think more RETRO not avant-garde please!!!!!! ;)

cj's dad
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Terps play WV tomorrow. I can't wait to see if they wear this one:

cj
09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
That is MUCH better.

One thing is certain, the first ones generated a ton of publicity, and that is always a good thing.

cj's dad
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Here are a few more possibilities:

elysiantraveller
09-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I hate the new uniform craze.

I give Oregon a pass as that has been their identity for 10 years or so but all these other teams?

Here are a few more:

tOSU/MSU/LSU/STANFORD (http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31950671)

tOSU has been done already.

Sparty's uni is okay.

I like the LSU helmet a lot.

Stanford... see tOSU... been done already.

elysiantraveller
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Not going to lie though I'm digging the terps helmets today...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SCHUTT-DNA-MARYLAND-TERRAPINS-WHITE-OPS-2012-13-F-S-FOOTBALL-HELMET-LARGE-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/IS4AAOxy14VRRl8~/$(KGrHqNHJC0FCy6RynU6BRRl8+S7iQ~~60_35.JPG

And in fairness a lot of what they have done has grown on me...

Google Search of Terp Uni's (https://www.google.com/search?q=terps+football+uniforms&safe=off&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CD1QUvyqFor_qwHQ_4DwAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=653&dpr=1#imgdii=_)

Being a Michigan fan we're somewhat slaves to tradition and I'm okay with it, hell, we've had the best helmet for the past 80 years.... ;)

But some of these new uni's coming out are pretty sweet.

wiffleball whizz
10-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I love the maryland uniforms no matter what they are.......one thing is for certain it's hasn't hurt recruiting....tough break for the terps as soon as they get ranked there at Tallahassee......a loss won't hurt there ranking as in 2 weeks they will be ranked again

........when you see maryland on talk shows cuz of there uniforms its a good think....at least a real team played at raven stadium this year :lol: :lol: