PDA

View Full Version : SCHOOLYARD DREAMS

lamboguy
09-04-2011, 02:56 PM
he ran huge first time on the turf today at monmouth. i think he will be great the next time he sets foot on the green.

tribecaagent
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I thought he ran okay, not outstanding. That course has been conducive to speed for some time now so if anything, he had the racetrack in his favor.

lamboguy
09-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I thought he ran okay, not outstanding. That course has been conducive to speed for some time now so if anything, he had the racetrack in his favor.that horse was to talented to be doing nothing, i promise you that schoolyard dreams is going to get better on the turf. its not that easy to switch surfaces, and he accomplished that. besides i really like the operation that manages and trains that horse, they are a blue collar type outfit that produces results.

tribecaagent
09-04-2011, 04:29 PM
He probably will get better down the road. I'm just not getting too excited about his run today. Did he run "huge"? I say no, he ran well, not huge.

I'm aware of the connections but I don't know them.

lamboguy
09-04-2011, 04:37 PM
the horse took pressure and didn't fold up he kept going, that was the first time he ran on the lawn and the horse that beat him had 7 wins to his 3. the race was a 3 other than allowance, that is a stake race, schoolyard dreams on paper looked like he was in for a long afternoon.

tribecaagent
09-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm of the opinion that the racetrack carried him home. 24/48/1.11 has not been legitimate on that surface.
Every day is a separate entity, obviously, but look at yesterday's 10th race. Very similar conditions - 1 1/16 turf. Fillies & mares, 3 & up, NW1 (not NW3). The winner wired the field in 23.1, 47.4, 1.11.2.
Look at yesterday's 8th race. 30k claimers, 1 1/16 turf, fillies & mares. The second place finisher ran 23.1, 46.3, 1.10.1 on the lead - she was beat a neck.
As I've mentioned, every day is separate, but there has been no rain since yesterday. The course is hard and speed-favoring.

lamboguy
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
when the horse runs the next time everyone will see that dreams got beat by a second tier trainer david geist. maybe they are going to see that the track favored him, i don't think so. he will go off at 3-1 in the same type of field and crush them next time no matter what the track is like. and don't sell david geist that short on the turf, he claimed on from me years ago and went on to win $150k with the horse running on the turf.

onefast99
09-05-2011, 10:23 AM
when the horse runs the next time everyone will see that dreams got beat by a second tier trainer david geist. maybe they are going to see that the track favored him, i don't think so. he will go off at 3-1 in the same type of field and crush them next time no matter what the track is like. and don't sell david geist that short on the turf, he claimed on from me years ago and went on to win $150k with the horse running on the turf.
The turf course took 8 inches of rain exactly a week ago, the course is firm but not rock hard as it was last year. Monmouth County has taken in almost 20 inches of rain in the month of August.

dinque
09-06-2011, 04:19 AM
my least favorite owner in the business

MNslappy
09-06-2011, 03:50 PM
This ought to be good, because I think he posts here actually.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
This ought to be good, because I think he posts here actually.Did slewis actually own any part of these horses, or was he simply connected to the ownership group in some manner? I don't think he was an actual owner, but I could be wrong.

cj
09-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Figure wise, his race was weak for the class especially considering the pedestrian first half mile.