PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 11th

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Gonna try and redeem myself down here...

I think the :8: Economic Swoon at 7-1 is a very nice price in this race.

The :12: isn't half-bad either at 8-1, but I need that one to tick up to 9-1 in order to make a wager...

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow...how can I be so right and yet so wrong at the same time... :lol:

cj
09-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Surely you had a $2 exacta!

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Surely you had a $2 exacta!Did reply #2 sound like I had a $2 exacta? :faint: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
This really hasn't been my week... :lol:

I think I need a wagering mentor...cj, how much will it cost me?

aaron
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Pa-great handicapping-poor execution. For some reason this happens more than it should. I always wonder which is the right way to play a race. Sorry,you missed the exacta,you deserved better.

cj
09-03-2011, 06:41 PM

I'm boring, but consistent. Next year at the Spa, I'll be there at least two weeks! Just bring the Amstel Light.

iceknight
09-03-2011, 10:27 PM

I will share my tip on what works (although I violate my rules myself many times)

I: I try to handicap WITHOUT knowing the horse's M/L values. This way once I figure out the top 2-3 horses, THEN I can look to see if there is value.

Also, since the game is about GETTING THE MONEY back EACH TIME I bet (ideal goal), I would go with 4X on a "sure" winner at PLACE/SHOW than 2X at the WIN position on the same horse.

obviously if the odds are better than 6-1 then PLACE pays decently.
If odds are even lower, then I try to box my top 3 in an exacta and Cross my fingers.

Recent examples where this worked (with low exacta payoffs but still in profit) was the Acclamation winner
the Ask the moon winner etc.

In both these Gr 1 races, the top 2-3 pick won and their price was not great. But Exactas were decent.. ie paid off 3-1 return in the pacific and 2-1 in the Forego?

Good luck! We all have up and down times anyways!