PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame!

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Hoping not to jinx but I am having great pleasure watching this 1st half after hearing all they hype about how they are gonna win 10 games this year. ND can't get out of their own way.

canleakid
09-03-2011, 05:47 PM
"go bulls" ;)

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 06:26 PM
This weather delay is awful

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Brian Kelley looks like he's gonna have a heart attack. Fumble on 1 yd line (returned for TD). Interceptions when they are on the 3 and 5 yard lines.

elysiantraveller
09-03-2011, 07:37 PM
He has purple face!

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 07:44 PM
He has purple face!

USF has zero offense. There is a really good chance ND will win. Then its all that will be tAlked about on sportscenter. Cmon bulls

elysiantraveller
09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
WIDE LEFT~!

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 08:14 PM
WIDE LEFT~!

Total announcer jinx. "he never misses! 23 for last 24"

Love that pass interference in end zone. Game over! Love it

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Gonna be a 9 hr game after these delays

OTM Al
09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I love nothing more in sports than when they lose. The only team I truly love to hate.

canleakid
09-03-2011, 08:45 PM
and da domeheads lose da domeheads lose, at home to boot :)

sonnyp
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Gonna be a 9 hr game after these delays

with that kid that got killed at practice, you can bet they'll wait all nite if they have to.

Zippy Chippy
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I see it started but NBC obviously put their foot down and wont allow them to take up the whole day.

sonnyp
09-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I see it started but NBC obviously put their foot down and wont allow them to take up the whole day.

they're finishing up on versus

KingChas
09-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Brian Kelley looks like he's gonna have a heart attack.

Good luck to all the ND players in practice this week. ;)

Zippy Chippy
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Let's go BLUE!

They've announced 50x today that its the first Michigan night game. 110,000 people there.

witchdoctor
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
WOW

slew101
09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I still think Kelly is a good coach (look at Cincinnati without him, with the same players), but he outsmarts himself too many times.

Up 24-21 with 6 minutes left, first and goal on the 8, he's passing the ball? QB fumbles, they kill no time, and get no points.

Then they allow Michigan to drive 80 yards in 25 seconds. I had a ML and straight up play on ND, and was just looking to get the ML score.

They should have won that game 40-7. :bang:

Zippy Chippy
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Thats a bad loss

Zippy Chippy
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Did anyone notice this when there was 6 mins left?

ND was on the 22 yard line and threw a pass into the end zone. It was PASS INTERFERENCE on Mich. 100% this occured in the end zone. THe Ref said PI in the end zone ball will be placed on 2 yard line. Next play they are on the 7 yard line and no one said anything. This happened in the end zone i dont think this should have been a 15 yd penalty. Definitely changed things since they probably would have ran from the 2. Happy how it turned out but im just surprised no one on TV said anything about this.

slew101
09-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I noticed it. As soon as Rees lined up under center, I said "how come they are not at the 2?" then he fumbled. First, it was a BS call. Second, they must have had the rule wrong, so it was a 15-yard penalty, which was half the distance, therefore to the 8.

Musburger had an awful game. He was miscalling players, calling the wrong team with the ball, calling a tackle on the fullback when Robinson was running up the middle. He's so concerned trying to tell you how smart he is with nonsense like "Michigan is working on a blocked punt. Watch for that."

They didn't rush the punter once, so Brent says after a low snap "they would have gotten it had they rushed." What he didn't say was that punt was from midfield. What team rushes a punter when he's lined up on your 45?

Did anyone notice this when there was 6 mins left?

ND was on the 22 yard line and threw a pass into the end zone. It was PASS INTERFERENCE on Mich. 100% this occured in the end zone. THe Ref said PI in the end zone ball will be placed on 2 yard line. Next play they are on the 7 yard line and no one said anything. This happened in the end zone i dont think this should have been a 15 yd penalty. Definitely changed things since they probably would have ran from the 2. Happy how it turned out but im just surprised no one on TV said anything about this.

ManU918
09-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I noticed it. As soon as Rees lined up under center, I said "how come they are not at the 2?" then he fumbled. First, it was a BS call. Second, they must have had the rule wrong, so it was a 15-yard penalty, which was half the distance, therefore to the 8.

Musburger had an awful game. He was miscalling players, calling the wrong team with the ball, calling a tackle on the fullback when Robinson was running up the middle. He's so concerned trying to tell you how smart he is with nonsense like "Michigan is working on a blocked punt. Watch for that."

They didn't rush the punter once, so Brent says after a low snap "they would have gotten it had they rushed." What he didn't say was that punt was from midfield. What team rushes a punter when he's lined up on your 45?

Hes drunk and worrying more about the action he has during the game then actually calling the game.

canleakid
09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
"BLUE" :ThmbUp:
domeheads (blue monday again :D )

slew101
09-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Didn't realize he was 72 now. He's another guy they'll have to kick out. He'll never leave on his own. He has no business being the No. 1 announcer for ABC and ESPN in these games.

Sean McDonough is the best college announcer out there. He even makes Matt Millen somewhat bearable during games. Somewhat.

Hes drunk and worrying more about the action he has during the game then actually calling the game.

ManU918
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Didn't realize he was 72 now. He's another guy they'll have to kick out. He'll never leave on his own. He has no business being the No. 1 announcer for ABC and ESPN in these games.

Sean McDonough is the best college announcer out there. He even makes Matt Millen somewhat bearable during games. Somewhat.

I think they need to move Joe Tessitore from the Friday night football slot. That guy deserves a spot on Saturdays.

murph8
09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Good luck to all the ND players in practice this week. ;)

if they would play as good as he swears they would win a lot of games :D

Canarsie
09-14-2011, 12:43 PM

He's the worst #1 lead announcer in sports history period. Every game he calls in any sport is the most important one of the day or year no matter what. I can't even tell when he makes a mistake the audio is deliberately kept low.

CBS was smart to dump him in 1990. Sean McDonough is a good choice but anyone is an improvement.

cj's dad
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
if they would play as good as he swears they would win a lot of games :D

His tirades during the SF game were disgraceful. The coach of the leading (IMO) Catholic university in America dropping the "F" and "MF" bombs is inexcusable. He should have been suspended by the school's president.

ManU918
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
His tirades during the SF game were disgraceful. The coach of the leading (IMO) Catholic university in America dropping the "F" and "MF" bombs is inexcusable. He should have been suspended by the school's president.

Ha... That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Notre Dame hired Brian Kelly, when doing so they understood the type of coach they were getting. He isn't a priest, he is a coach. Who cares if he curses.

cj's dad
09-14-2011, 01:12 PM
You have your opinion, I have mine. I found it unnecessary.

Robert Goren
09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Back when I bet college football, I found out that it didn't matter if I bet on them or against them, they would break my heart every time. I guess what I get for being a Methodist.

skate
09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
this game has gone away from schools like ND.

I remember Bear Bryant ? not wanting a pro team near AL.

It comes down to Money. I doubt that a ND school gets the funding from Gov. that Most others get.

They should go AA.

ManU918
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
this game has gone away from schools like ND.

I remember Bear Bryant ? not wanting a pro team near AL.

It comes down to Money. I doubt that a ND school gets the funding from Gov. that Most others get.

They should go AA.

Are you trying to say the reason Notre Dame has not won a National Championship in 23 years is because a lack of money?

cj's dad
09-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Are you trying to say the reason Notre Dame has not won a National Championship in 23 years is because a lack of money?

No, because of a more stringent academic policy !!

ManU918
09-14-2011, 08:33 PM

I agree with you 100%. I don't know why skate brought up money. Not sure who else does it but Notre Dame not taking junior college transfers has hurt them for years along with how tough it already is to attend the school. But that's Notre Dame.

Striker
09-14-2011, 11:40 PM
They've still had great recruiting classes the last few years--#10 in 2010, #21 in 2009, #2 in 2008, and #8 in 2007, so they are still getting athletes in to the school. I would put their turnovers(turnover margin) and penalties as the high priority problems.

KingChas
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Weather and social actvities.

Would you rather freeze your butt off in the winter in IND,PA,Michigan..etc.
Or party in South Beach all year long?
Of course I am speaking based on the age of the college football players.

Zippy Chippy
10-22-2011, 10:31 PM
I actually kinda thought they were a pretty good team and might run the table and get in a bcs bowl. They stink. Usc is so much better.

redshift1
10-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I actually kinda thought they were a pretty good team and might run the table and get in a bcs bowl. They stink. Usc is so much better.

My take, the teams are about even, the fumble in the 3rd quarter changed the game completely. In a game closer than the score shows, USC played errorless ball and for once this year played with intensity the entire game.

ElKabong
10-23-2011, 03:31 AM

In the Holtz era ND recruited kids that were less than stellar in the class room. Mike Miller comes to mind, a kid from Beaumont or the Hou area. He was a 5* player that wasn't eligible to play for any SWC team b/c of his grades / SAT score. Yet he winds up at ND (and was kicked off the team for reasons I don't exactly recall, but I think he stole a stereo or some schtick)

Another kid, was a OL that my nephew went to HS with@ Plano Sr HS... IIRC, his last name was Hall...His grad'class would have been the late 80s. The kid was as dumb as a rock according to my nephew and niece. No way he'd have been accepted at anything more than a Sul Ross or Tarleton State w/o an athletic scholly.

Things may have changed, but during the Holtz era they took in kids with piss poor scores and grades