PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Ceremony

Tom
09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/15/first-responders-snubbed-not-invited-to-911-ceremony/

They were the first ones on the scene when the towers fell on September 11, 2001, but ten years later, the 9/11 first responders are being told that they will not be invited to take part in this year’s ceremony at ground zero. The city announced that due to security and space issues, there’s no room for the first responders. Instead, they’ll be invited to a private ceremony on a different date

They were not invited in 2001, either, Bloomberg, you cockroach, they just showed up and did tier jobs. Maybe you missed it, but there were security issues then, too. and there was no room, either. Ask this guy's family. But they showed up, and they climbed up, and they never hesitated. And they have survivors here, too.

Mayor Bloomberg, Go **** Yourself, you POS. You disgrace this country.

canleakid
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Mayor Bloomberg, that is a DAMN shame :mad: and "SHAME" on you !!!

DJofSD
09-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Just another example of the politican's and government's overblown self importance, and, how self centered individuals have moved away from core values.

ArlJim78
09-03-2011, 01:42 PM
people like Bloomberg and imam Obama are on the payroll of the Saudis, they do what they're told. like I said in my other thread, there is a constant effort to sanitize the meaning and rememberance of 9/11. we're not supposed to think about what happened to us, we're supposed to instead think about serving others, and honoring the victims of terrorism around the world.

when they say there is no room for the first responders, i wonder what they mean. no room for any of them? not even a few hundred to represent the whole group?

and if there is no room, who are the people who rank higher on the priority list and get to attend?

hcap
09-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Holy crap! I agree with Tom!

boxcar
09-03-2011, 09:10 PM
people like Bloomberg and imam Obama are on the payroll of the Saudis, they do what they're told. like I said in my other thread, there is a constant effort to sanitize the meaning and rememberance of 9/11. we're not supposed to think about what happened to us, we're supposed to instead think about serving others, and honoring the victims of terrorism around the world.

when they say there is no room for the first responders, i wonder what they mean. no room for any of them? not even a few hundred to represent the whole group?

and if there is no room, who are the people who rank higher on the priority list and get to attend?

But it gets even worse! At this important memorial, there will be no prayers allowed! This Bloomberg is a real piece of work.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm sure someone (like mostpost) will be along in a moment to explain to all of us rubes why the mayor and the city are correct in making this decision.

Although, with hcap already agreeing with Tom, maybe even mostpost can't defend this one...

ArlJim78
09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
But it gets even worse! At this important memorial, there will be no prayers allowed! This Bloomberg is a real piece of work.

Boxcar
of course not, somebody would claim to be offended, and we can't have that.:rolleyes:

you know that in those final horrific minutes on 9/11, there were many many people praying in and around those towers. yet 10 years later we're banning prayers, clergy and first responders from the event marking the tragedy?
it's a sad commentary on the direction we're heading in.

Tom
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking it is some kind of harmonic convergence or something.
hcap is alright - some things are just plain wrong. This is one of them.

Rookies
09-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I think this.

Recognizing the historic importance of this commemorative event, Bloomberg has made a terrible decision. If you cannot accomodate those, who either were physically or psycholgically damaged doing their jobs during that terrible time ten years ago, then you do exactly what you did a week ago for a storm:

YOU CLOSE THE CITY TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE DURING THE CEREMONY.

And, of course, you make sure THEY get seats of prominence, while the bootlickers & hangers on stand in the street- if they must 20 blocks away!

end of story...

FantasticDan
09-03-2011, 10:14 PM
The particular ceremony in question is one that has been held in years past since the attack. It's for the victims families. The 10th anniv. ceremony will be larger, but likewise intended. It's not an insult to the first responders, it's a ceremony for the victims families. The families of those that perished.

Sooo.. what is wrong with that? There will be other ceremonies during the 10th anniv. that acknowledge the heroism of the first-responders.

As for prayer not being "allowed", that's not the case. They're just won't be any clergy of any denomination directly involved.

"The ceremony was designed in coordination with 9/11 families with a mixture of readings that are spiritual, historical and personal in nature. It has been widely supported for the past 10 years and rather than have disagreements over which religious leaders participate we would like to keep the focus of our commemoration ceremony on the family members of those who died. This year's six moments of silence allow every individual a time for personal and religious introspection," Evelyn Erskine, a spokeswoman for the mayor, said in an email.

Erskine added that while clergy have never been a formal part of the event, they have attended in previous years, including some who are relatives of 9/11 victims. Those clergy have been allowed to read names of victims like any other family member.

lsbets
09-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Try telling a member of the NYFD that he did not lose brothers that day. Anyone who has served in an organization like the military, NYFD, etc.. will tell you that while they might not be blood family, they are brothers joined by a bond forged in blood.

Nice attempt to justify the unjustifiable Dan, but it don't fly.

FantasticDan
09-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Right, a ceremony for the victims and their families is unjustifiable. Makes perfect sense.

Tom
09-03-2011, 10:40 PM
That is not what he said you damn well know it. What the dildo mayor is doing is having a service for SOME of the victims and SOME of their families.

lsbets
09-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Right, a ceremony for the victims and their families is unjustifiable. Makes perfect sense.

Go back and read what I wrote slowly. Sound out the words. Ask for help if you need it. Then get back to me.

iceknight
09-03-2011, 11:08 PM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/15/first-responders-snubbed-not-invited-to-911-ceremony/

They were not invited in 2001, either, Bloomberg, you cockroach, they just showed up and did tier jobs. Maybe you missed it, but there were security issues then, too. and there was no room, either. Ask this guy's family. But they showed up, and they climbed up, and they never hesitated. And they have survivors here, too.

Mayor Bloomberg, Go **** Yourself, you POS. You disgrace this country.

Well, you know, AFTER I LISTENED THE Officer Flammia's video response on the Foxnews insider, you do have to realize ONE THING. There are close to 3000 victims's families.

Assume 2 invites per family, that is 6000 people.
Assume 4 invites per family, that is 12000 people.

Then there were OVER 90,000 FIRST RESPONDERS who participated in the search and rescue and recovery operations. How DO YOU SINGLE OUT, who gets to see the museum first?

I mean, I dont think you can just invite ONLY the first 5000 responders who took part in the first day (ie 911).... I think Foxnews is trying to twist this for political mileage..

On the prayers issue, there I do *not* side Bloomberg. But the problem is if they do allow prayers, you will surely get lawsuits from ACLU.. So that is a complicated founding father question.

dartman51
09-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Holy crap! I agree with Tom!

Now that's scary.......the world must be coming to an end. ;)

highnote
09-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Boxcar

Why not have a jew, a christian, a muslim, a hindu, etc., say a one minute or less prayer until all the major religions are covered. Then if there was anyone killed who was a part of some smaller religion have one of their people say a prayer. etc. There wouldn't be that many. This could be done right at the beginning before the fanfare and speeches begin.

Are a few prayers at a politicized memorial event really going to hurt?

The U.S. has a national cathedral in Washington D.C. for crying out loud.

Tom
09-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Why not have a jew, a christian, a muslim, a hindu,

I thought this was going to be a good Sunday morning joke!:D

Is there is not room for one first respndre, there is no room for the mayor.
Rudy, yes, dipstick, no.

boxcar
09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Why not have a jew, a christian, a muslim, a hindu, etc., say a one minute or less prayer until all the major religions are covered. Then if there was anyone killed who was a part of some smaller religion have one of their people say a prayer. etc. There wouldn't be that many. This could be done right at the beginning before the fanfare and speeches begin.

Are a few prayers at a politicized memorial event really going to hurt?

The U.S. has a national cathedral in Washington D.C. for crying out loud.

But Bloomingbird had no problems at all lobbying big time for an Islamic "center" to be built at the site, did he? He probably would take a lot of heat, having a Muslim show up to pray. He would surely do it, if he thought he could get away with it. But perceiving that there would be big fallout, he bans all -- in the sacred name of Political Correctness. The PC Cancer is killing the soul of this nation!

Boxcar