PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama an overlay?

Actor
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
http://madmikesamerica.com/2011/09/oddsmakers-obama-cant-possibly-lose-in-2012/

ArlJim78
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
sure he is, if I were you I'd go all in.

newtothegame
09-02-2011, 07:13 PM
sure he is, if I were you I'd go all in.

lol good one Jim!! :ThmbUp: :lol:

Actor
09-02-2011, 08:17 PM
sure he is, if I were you I'd go all in.I'm in. I just sent Obama a check from my Social Security. I'll do the same with every SS check from now until election day.

If Obama wins it's a great investment. If not, at least I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Consider California for a moment. Ask yourself this question: "Is it possible for CA to elect a governor that is not pro-brown?"

I think it is impossible for a CA governor to get elected without support of the Hispanic vote. Therefore, unless the Hispanic people decide to leave California in droves, CA might never again have a conservative governor!

Following that reasoning...

I saw a site some time ago that offered an interesting statistic: 85% of people born since 1986 are liberal.

Let that sink in for a moment. If it is true, and I have no way to prove or disprove it, the impact is staggering.

The United States of America may never again have a Republican President!

At the very least, I think it is safe to say that we may never again have a truly RIGHT-WING President.

Ladies and gentlemen, the revolution came and went without a shot being fired.

Hope I am wrong.

Dave Schwartz

GameTheory
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Consider California for a moment. Ask yourself this question: "Is it possible for CA to elect a governor that is not pro-brown?"

I think it is impossible for a CA governor to get elected without support of the Hispanic vote. Therefore, unless the Hispanic people decide to leave California in droves, CA might never again have a conservative governorOnly if the the Hispanic vote is overwhelmingly liberal, which it is not. The Hispanic vote is not a monolithic entity, and from what I read "they" haven't really chosen a party yet if they ever will as a group and so are very much up for grabs. (Remember most of these immigrants come from very family-centered traditional cultures, and are heavily Catholic.) The Republicans would be stupid to write them off, or to make alienating statements. Many of the legal immigrants -- the ones that can vote (legally) -- are not happy about open borders either, despite the picture the media paints.

I saw a site some time ago that offered an interesting statistic: 85% of people born since 1986 are liberal.Which only means that young people skew liberal. Nothing new there. You've also had 8 years of a Republican WH, so most young people don't know anything but a Repub and think there *must* be something better. I grew up in the Reagan/Bush Sr. era and thought exactly the same thing and voted enthusiastically for Clinton. Haven't voted for a Democrat since. (And haven't voted enthusiastically since either.)

bigmack
09-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I would be happy to book any wagers on BO winning from the peanut gallery.

mostie, hcap, suggy, fandan, spidermoon?

Now taking any/all action for macho man.

http://www.hilariousheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/funny-obama-picture.jpg

boxcar
09-02-2011, 09:28 PM

http://www.hilariousheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/funny-obama-picture.jpg

Watch yourself, Mack. The Republican field is extremely weak. The nation desperately needs a genuine leader -- a moral leader - a person with courage, conviction and vision. If this is the best the Republicans can do, I predict Obama will win by default.

Boxcar
P.S. I nearly gagged today when I heard that Palin endorsed Perry.

johnhannibalsmith
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM

What kind of price are we compulsive, degenerate gamblers looking at on B.O. from O.T.B.M.?

(that rhymes)

bigmack
09-02-2011, 09:37 PM
What kind of price are we compulsive, degenerate gamblers looking at on B.O. from O.T.B.M.?

(that rhymes)
OTBM :D

Current offering set at a generous +120. :eek:

Zydeco
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
as I saw on a bumper sticker.....I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money....you can keep the Change.

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I am good for $1,000 at 6/5.

Can we get PA to hold the stakes?

bigmack
09-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I am good for $1,000 at 6/5.

Can we get PA to hold the stakes?
Anyway works. We could each write the other a check now. Winner cashes check Nov 7th '12. Loser tears up check.

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I am a cash sort of guy.

'Course now that I opened my mouth on a public board, someone emailed me to say that it is against federal law.

Let's see what PA says.

Dave

PS: I don't think I have ever made a bet that I would enjoy losing more than this one.

newtothegame
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I am a cash sort of guy.

'Course now that I opened my mouth on a public board, someone emailed me to say that it is against federal law.

Let's see what PA says.

Dave

PS: I don't think I have ever made a bet that I would enjoy losing more than this one.

Bet...what bet?? Don't know nothing bout no stinking bet......
Although I am sure addresses could be exchanged, (just in case you guys wished to exchange pleasantries)
:)

BlueShoe
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Besides the usual logical reasons to scoff at this prediction, look at it this way; this here perfesser feller has been on a long winning streak? That means that he is way, way overdue for a loser. But go right ahead, take the rubber band off of the bankroll and go tap city. Then you can take that long break from the horses for the rest of the year because you will not have anything to bet with. :D

ArlJim78
09-03-2011, 12:08 AM
its really not anything significant or surprising. its a small number of events and several of them were not in any doubt.

Actor
09-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Anyway works. We could each write the other a check now. Winner cashes check Nov 7th '12. Loser tears up check.Or loser cashes winner's check today. Stops payment on his check. :lol:

Actor
09-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Aren't there books in Vegas that take these kinds of bets?

johnhannibalsmith
09-03-2011, 12:44 AM
I...'Course now that I opened my mouth on a public board, someone emailed me to say that it is against federal law.

You're backing Obama - you're in the free and clear with the Feds.

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Let's see what PA says.These kinds of things are indeed illegal and not supported here.

crestridge
09-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Let's see: Who's voting Republican?

The homosexual community? No
The African American community? No
The Hispanic community? No
The illegal immigrant community? No
The workers union community? No
The middle eastern community? No
The Jewish community? Not sure--The way Obama treated Israel, a slap in the face...not sure.
Prosperous "Anglo" community? Not sure.
Prosperous Corporations? Maybe yes, maybe no (depending on the government bailouts!!)

What's left? Lower/middle class Anglo's/religious "right", supporters of Israel. (Gentiles supporting Israel) Yes

Don't get me wrong, this analysis doesn't mean I'm a "Obama man", but the realistic view of the changing demographics in the US, indicate Dave S. is correct.

I hope I'm wrong.

Dave Schwartz
09-04-2011, 02:23 AM
I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed.

Boris
09-04-2011, 08:11 AM

Sad to think that the illegal immigrant community gets a vote.

You forget the biggest block of votes that went to Obama last election that will not vote for him next time. Independents. The "Hope and Change" mojo has been exposed as a steaming pile of pooh. They sit home and play Call Of Duty or make Facebook status updates from the local bar.

fast4522
09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm in. I just sent Obama a check from my Social Security. I'll do the same with every SS check from now until election day.

If Obama wins it's a great investment. If not, at least I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

I look at the number of posts, divide it by the content sometimes to get a overall bullshit number that is fairly accurate. I then look to see if Obama is the subject of the post to see if it is possible Team Obama is using the internet as much as possible without breaking any laws before he gets the opportunity to get big brother from his mother to take control of it. You guys are sure smoking some good shit, grown in California?

iceknight
09-04-2011, 09:36 AM
The Hispanic vote is not a monolithic entity, and from what I read "they" haven't really chosen a party yet if they ever will as a group and so are very much up for grabs. (Remember most of these immigrants come from very family-centered traditional cultures, and are heavily Catholic.)

Which only means that young people skew liberal. Nothing new there.

Very true. Also as more hispanics become wealthier, watch them become more "conservative" and want less of their money to be taxed and wasted (used) by govt.

BlueShoe
09-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I saw a site some time ago that offered an interesting statistic: 85% of people born since 1986 are liberal.

Let that sink in for a moment. If it is true, and I have no way to prove or disprove it, the impact is staggering.

The United States of America may never again have a Republican President!
Children today have been brought up to be good little communists. We were warned about this a century ago but have not listened.

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed that I have sown will never be uprooted."

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

lamboguy
09-04-2011, 10:15 AM
i don't think the names that the republicans have right now will be any cinch in any presidential election right now. the young guy RUBIO has some kind of chance if he can do a good job conveying his message and convincing people that what he wants to do is imperitive now and that he will act in the manner he says he will. he is the only republican to come out publicly that has the courage to admit that george bush was a bum. that sits well with alot of people like myself. i also think that obama is the same as george bush and i also think he is a bigger bum. if obama can run against bush and win, RUBIO can do it better

hcap
09-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Children today have been brought up to be good little communists. We were warned about this a century ago but have not listened.

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed that I have sown will never be uprooted."

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin Someone beat you to this crap 60 years ago

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Joseph_McCarthy.jpg/220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

"Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between communistic atheism and Christianity"
..Joseph McCarthy

boxcar
09-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Someone beat you to this crap 60 years ago

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Joseph_McCarthy.jpg/220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

"Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between communistic atheism and Christianity"
..Joseph McCarthy

And we still are! A man way out ahead of the curve. Unlike you, 'cap, he saw the handwriting on the wall. But maybe you're just confused 'cause communism comes in so many different flavors these days. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Actor
09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Back to the original question, I'd say Obama's an overlay at 3:2. Last I heard, offshore books were 1:1.

hcap
09-04-2011, 02:58 PM

A man way out ahead of the curve. Unlike you, 'cap, he saw the handwriting on the wall. But maybe you're just confused 'cause communism comes in so many different flavors these days.

Hey box, you finally posted a photo of yourself from your early years. And could that be when you worked as a used car salesman back in the fifty's?

Both McCarthy and used car salesmen did have snake oil in common

fast4522
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Well the man pictured looks normal in every respect compared to the guy in this photo who want a angry electorate to not take revenge in 2012 when voting.

Good luck with that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hcap
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
in this photo who want a angry electorate to not take revenge in 2012 when voting. You do McCarthy justice. Do you also follow in his footsteps as a falling down booze hound that was drunk at 1/2 of the HUAC hearings? Your last post is falling down drunk ramblings.

It seems to me the only revenge seekers are the rethugs, the TPers and you knuckledraggers.There has been a constant cry to take revenge on Obama. You typify that to a TEA

You idiots see commies under your bed. And Evil Muslims like Husein Obama, who also has no BC.

The head knuckledragger stated that quite clearly
Old quadruple chin said what job one was.
Get Rid Of Obama

http://www.worldwidehippies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mitch-mcconnell-09081-1.jpeg

Sugar Ron
09-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Whoa

Mitch "The Gobbler"

Wasn't expecting to see THAT mug as I scrolled down the page.

Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of beer or something.

Good one, hcap

fast4522
09-04-2011, 06:01 PM
No drinking over here when I posted your mug, I do think when the next election occurs you will be a happy man. It is a fair guess that we will not go the same way on that election, so when that comes to pass I will bring this post back from the dust and link to it if you are right and tell you so. However if the voting electorate in 2012 proves you incorrect at that time I will also point that out. Let us see if time will tell the rest of the story, and exactly who was way off.

boxcar
09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Both McCarthy and used car salesmen did have snake oil in common

You forgot a few: Evolutionists, Environmentalists and, of course, BO.

Boxcar

hcap
09-04-2011, 08:29 PM
You forgot a few: Evolutionists, Environmentalists and, of course, BO.
Speaking of snake oil, when you decide to confront El GasBag, about which one of you plays Moses and who gets the supporting "prophet" role it might make good free market Capitalistic sense to tape it for a pay per view audience. I can see it now in neon lights......

-RUMBLE OF THE HUMBLE-

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2011, 11:06 PM

The homosexual community? No
The African American community? No
The Hispanic community? No
The workers union community? No
The middle eastern community? No
The Jewish community? Not sure--The way Obama treated Israel, a slap in the face...not sure.
Prosperous "Anglo" community? Not sure.
Prosperous Corporations? Maybe yes, maybe no (depending on the government bailouts!!)

What's left? Lower/middle class Anglo's/religious "right", supporters of Israel. (Gentiles supporting Israel) Yes

Don't get me wrong, this analysis doesn't mean I'm a "Obama man", but the realistic view of the changing demographics in the US, indicate Dave S. is correct.

I hope I'm wrong.A lot of those communities you list are TINY, relatively speaking. And the Hispanic community went pretty good for Bush in BOTH 2000 and 2004. Depending on who you believe, he received 35% in 2000 and 44% in 2004.

That wasn't all that long ago.

crestridge
09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Pace

What are the communities in this country that vote overwhelmingly Republican?

bigmack
09-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I stand by the correct view that it will be one of the biggest landslides since Ronnie/Fritz.

toetoe
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
You do McCarthy justice. Do you also follow in his footsteps as a falling down booze hound that was drunk at 1/2 of the HUAC hearings?

That makes Mr. M. a person of disability. He had an inability to handle drink. Maybe he was a closeted homosexual. You have attacked him. That makes you a racist ... no,wait ... you're guilty of harassment ... wait ... you're a homophobic paragon of intolerance ... no, you're objectifying alcoholic white males ... I mean, uh, you are a hater ... not a nice person. You must appear before the Human Rights Tribunal, then on to reeducation camp.

A-a-ah, I feel so much better. Justice will be served. :rolleyes:

bigmack
09-05-2011, 01:56 AM
That makes Mr. M. a person of disability. He had an inability to handle drink. Maybe he was a closeted homosexual. You have attacked him. That makes you a racist ... no,wait ... you're guilty of harassment ... wait ... you're a homophobic paragon of intolerance ... no, you're objectifying alcoholic white males ... I mean, uh, you are a hater ... not a nice person. You must appear before the Human Rights Tribunal, then on to reeducation camp.

A-a-ah, I feel so much better. Justice will be served. :rolleyes:
Leave it the big brain of doubleT's - (Scratch big, insert colossal)

For some, finger pointin' goes but one way.

'Member that bad trip you or another once took? hcap's been surfin' that wave for decades.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqdi3t22Pa1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif

hcap
09-05-2011, 06:00 AM

A-a-ah, I feel so much better. Justice will be served. :rolleyes:Justice will be served a hell of a lot more if the two amateur Lawyers for the Persecution, representatives of the sovereign state of BigToenia, had read up a bit on Gunner Joe and his boys making a mockery of the very same "Justice" those very same amateurs wanna serve.

BTW, there were no homosexuals or alcoholics in the 50's. Every one watched Father Knows Best and wore white socks and all was RIGHT in America.

Here is a little known public service film where Gunner Joe McCarthy, disguised as a school administrator, illustrates another devious plot to take over the minds and hearts of America's young hopefuls. Please excuse the poor quality, but hey after all IT WAS the wonderful 50's and minor problems such as mediocrity was no great shakes.

4453Gh6P7wg&

BlueShoe
09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
But maybe you're just confused 'cause communism comes in so many different flavors these days.
Today the Bolsheviks refer to themselves as "Progressives".

BlueShoe
09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
What are the communities in this country that vote overwhelmingly Republican?
The regular posters on the Off Topic-General forum Paceadvantage site? :D:jump:

TJDave
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM

If the U.S. does not prevent the U.N. Palestinian vote Obama will probably lose the Jewish majority in 2012. Probably would mean losing Florida.