PDA

View Full Version : Best Site for Rating Poker Sites?

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Aren't there some pretty good sites out there for rating good and bad poker sites?

Opinions please?

sonnyp
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
dave,

didn't our wonderful gov't and justice dept. shut off all the poker sites accessible from the good ole usa ?

thaskalos
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
pokerlistings.com

Poker site reviews, poker site "traffic" reports, news from the poker world, strategy tips...and more.

Robert Goren
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
dave,

didn't our wonderful gov't and justice dept. shut off all the poker sites accessible from the good ole usa ? No, there some small sites that still take US customers. You have jump through a lot hoops to fund your account. None of them hold a candle to Poker Stars. I have looked at most of them and I would trust my money to any of them even if there wasn't the DOJ hang over them.

Robert Goren
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
pokerlistings.com

Poker site reviews, poker site "traffic" reports, news from the poker world, strategy tips...and more. That the site I would use.

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks, guys.

I got pitched by a site to buy advertising space. I am not thrilled with the idea but before even thinking about it, wanted to check out who they are.

Dave

lsbets
09-02-2011, 02:33 PM
No, there some small sites that still take US customers. You have jump through a lot hoops to fund your account. None of them hold a candle to Poker Stars. I have looked at most of them and I would trust my money to any of them even if there wasn't the DOJ hang over them.

All you have to do is have a Visa card to deposit. Some of the sites are new, but some have been around for years and have a solid record of payouts.

Read the forums at two plus two. Actual players talking about the sites they use, rather than a rakeback affiliate who want you to sign up so they get paid.

Robert Goren
09-02-2011, 05:33 PM
All you have to do is have a Visa card to deposit. Some of the sites are new, but some have been around for years and have a solid record of payouts.

Read the forums at two plus two. Actual players talking about the sites they use, rather than a rakeback affiliate who want you to sign up so they get paid.I read Two plus Two and have posted on there occasionally for over 9 years. There is no sites that take a Visa card form an American Resident. That was true long before the DOJ action. Visa does not allow it. There were a few sites that took Mastercard for awhile, but I do not know if they still do it. If you are not a resident of the USA, it is different story. The best way and maybe the only way for a US resident to deposit money on poker sites is to wire it. Even that is tricky and must done exactly right. If you read Two plus Two, you find find several threads about problems people have had trying to make deposits. Like I said before if you are not a US resident, things get a lot easier.

lsbets
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I read Two plus Two and have posted on there occasionally for over 9 years. There is no sites that take a Visa card form an American Resident. That was true long before the DOJ action. Visa does not allow it. There were a few sites that took Mastercard for awhile, but I do not know if they still do it. If you are not a resident of the USA, it is different story. The best way and maybe the only way for a US resident to deposit money on poker sites is to wire it. Even that is tricky and must done exactly right. If you read Two plus Two, you find find several threads about problems people have had trying to make deposits. Like I said before if you are not a US resident, things get a lot easier.

I live in Texas, pretty sure that is the US. I have deposited on 3 different sites in the last month with Visa. If you read the internet poker section on 2+2, you will see that a lot of US residents deposit with Visa at Bodog, Cake, Everleaf, and Betonline.

All of those sites also accept WU and MG for deposits and withdrawals. I don't know of anyone who is wiring deposits. Depositing is very easy right now.

lsbets
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Where can US Players Play:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/where-can-us-players-play-1021260/index107.html

Bodog:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/bodog-poker-thread-2011-a-963646/index285.html

Minted:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/mintedpoker-minted-poker-official-support-promotions-thread-1038774/index205.html

Intertops:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/intertops-poker-official-support-promotions-thread-1078789/index9.html

Robert Goren
09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I was wrong. I actually open an account with Bodog and made a $ 20 dallar deposit with them using Visa. I play a few hands of 2-5 cent omaha. I still would put a large amount of money there, but I can play some. Thanks for updating me and proving me wrong.

lsbets
09-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I was wrong. I actually open an account with Bodog and made a $ 20 dallar deposit with them using Visa. I play a few hands of 2-5 cent omaha. I still would put a large amount of money there, but I can play some. Thanks for updating me and proving me wrong.

Hey, my pleasure. They have a good rep and 25NL is soft as hell. Can't wait to get the football bettors at the tables.

Payouts take about a week by check.

Glad you're playing again. :)

Robert Goren
09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I haven't played since the shut down, so it take me a few weeks to get up to speed again. Until then I will be playing at $5 NL holdem tables. As with most $5 no limit tables, they are giving money away.

lsbets
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
They started a 200% reload bonus yesterday. You should get a first time bonus on your deposit. There's no rakeback, which is a bummer, but I guess we can't be too picky.

Some_One
09-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks, guys.

I got pitched by a site to buy advertising space. I am not thrilled with the idea but before even thinking about it, wanted to check out who they are.

Dave

The only two I would allow to advertise would be PokerStars and Party Poker/BWin, the rest are amateurs or small timers, and in light of the UB and FullTilt debacles, I wouldn't take the risk