PDA

View Full Version : More Gubmint Waste

cj's dad
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
These fools simply do not understand that it is NOT THEIR MONEY to waste.

From the article:

"A congresswoman who has been investigated by authorities for misuse of public money billed $20,000 to taxpayers for an elaborately catered luncheon this summer, the only one of its size funded by the public.

Rep. Laura Richardson (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/laura-richardson/), California Democrat, used her congressional office fund, normally set aside for expenses such as payroll, computers and paper, to host a multicourse luncheon May 20 in her district, records released this week show."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/31/for-briefing-20000-lunch-is-on-the-house/

Tom
09-02-2011, 10:32 AM
We need to resume beheadings, like the French used to do.

These cretins have no respect for this country.

hcap
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM

These cretins have no respect for this country.So you do like the French! I thought you were still buyin freedom fries

Actor
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM

These cretins have no respect for this country.Be careful. Bringing back the guillotine sounds like something a liberal would propose. :lol:

HUSKER55
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
not to worry. money says dems would forget to greese it :D

Actor
09-02-2011, 11:03 PM
These fools simply do not understand that it is NOT THEIR MONEY to waste.

From the article:

"A congresswoman who has been investigated by authorities for misuse of public money billed $20,000 to taxpayers for an elaborately catered luncheon this summer, the only one of its size funded by the public.

Rep. Laura Richardson (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/laura-richardson/), California Democrat, used her congressional office fund, normally set aside for expenses such as payroll, computers and paper, to host a multicourse luncheon May 20 in her district, records released this week show."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/31/for-briefing-20000-lunch-is-on-the-house/
Didn't we recently visit this subject in another thread, albeit concerning some other Congressperson?

The Congresswoman claims she followed all the rules. If true then:

She broke no laws.
The money was legally hers to waste.

Furthermore, the Congresswoman could probably make a case that the expenditures were not "waste."

Actor
09-02-2011, 11:07 PM
not to worry. money says dems would forget to greese[sic] it :DIn which case I'll bring my axe. Or I could just drive the blade down with a hammer. That would work.

Tom
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
So you do like the French! I thought you were still buyin freedom fries

I am, but the OLD French had not de-evolved into the NEW French yet.

hcap
09-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I am, but the OLD French had not de-evolved into the NEW French yet.

Yeah, right. Monsieur Robespierre, le Téa Partie commencé de cette façon. Être prudent

The French government (Revolutionary) established the Committee of Public Safety, which took its final form on 6 September 1793, and was ultimately dominated by Maximilien Robespierre, in order to suppress internal counter-revolutionary activities and raise additional French military forces. Through the Revolutionary Tribunal, the Terror's leaders exercised broad dictatorial powers and used them to instigate mass executions and political purges.

....The result was policy through which the state used violent repression to crush resistance to the government. Under control of the effectively dictatorial Committee, the Convention quickly enacted more legislation. On 9 September the Convention established sans-culottes paramilitary forces, the revolutionary armies, to force farmers to surrender grain demanded by the government.

..The Revolutionary Tribunal summarily condemned thousands of people to death by the guillotine, while mobs beat other victims to death. Sometimes people died for their political opinions or actions, but many for little reason beyond mere suspicion, or because some others had a stake in getting rid of them.

Tom
09-03-2011, 01:55 PM
The REAL world. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------hcap

hcap
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
The Real world included the French Revolution.
I just thought I would remind you barbarism is not a sign of an evolved form of government.

Pell Mell
09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
The Real world included the French Revolution.
I just thought I would remind you barbarism is not a sign of an evolved form of government.

It might be...seems to be a lot of govs evolving in the middle east.

Tom
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
The Congresswoman claims she followed all the rules. If true then:
She broke no laws.
The money was legally hers to waste.

3. She showed no sensitivity to the plight many of Americans brought on by the house she sits in.
4. She showed no class.
5. She earned the title Bitch.

btw, it was a total waste of tax dollars.