PDA

View Full Version : California State Senate Approves Dream Act Bill

TJDave
09-02-2011, 04:36 AM
The state Senate on Wednesday approved the second half of contentious legislation that would allow students who are undocumented immigrants to apply for state-funded scholarships and financial aid.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2011/09/01/california-state-senate-approves-dream-act-bill/#ixzz1WmX1qdW1

bigmack
09-02-2011, 04:45 AM
The state Senate on Wednesday approved the second half of contentious legislation that would allow students who are undocumented immigrants to apply for state-funded scholarships and financial aid.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2011/09/01/california-state-senate-approves-dream-act-bill/#ixzz1WmX1qdW1
Many Californians are VERY unhappy about this slap in the face of their college bound children.

Jerry & Co. are off on the wrong foot. People in this state are weary.

TJDave
09-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Many Californians are VERY unhappy about this slap in the face of their college bound children.

The 'many' are becoming fewer, rapidly.

bigmack
09-02-2011, 05:22 AM
The 'many' are becoming fewer, rapidly.
Such a shame what's become of this incredible place, California. :(

TJDave
09-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Such a shame what's become of this incredible place, California. :(

California is now and will remain a solid blue state...

Until 2025 when it will become a suburb of Tijuana.

newtothegame
09-02-2011, 05:32 AM

sad but, true!

bigmack
09-02-2011, 06:07 AM

Fortunate enough to be seeing a delightful woman who is a 4thG teach.

She thinks little of such things but I ask. What's the make-up?

60% Mexican (Spanish) :D
20% Chaldean
15% Honkey
5 whatever.

Many don't speaka the language.

She has stories.

Tom
09-02-2011, 07:45 AM

California should not be allowed to vote in federal elections.

delayjf
09-02-2011, 09:47 AM
A friend of my Wife and I, who is also a teacher in a predominately Latino neiborhood got a hold of a pamplet being handed out to kids in front of her school to give to their parents - telling them how to apply and receive state aid even if they are illegal.

Tom
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Time to exercise the 2nd amendment.
Your governor needs to be run out of town.

This is exactly why the FF gave us that right.

riskman
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Time for a re call election and at the very least Brown should be defeated at the polls next time. How a Governor or state legislature could approve this is beyond me and shows complete disrespect to the citizens of CA. Anyone State representative voting for this should be recalled as they are authorizing funds to people that are here illegally. Let these students apply for citizenship the proper way like anyone else who may want to become a citizen. Their prior circumstances how they got here is irrelevant and they have to come out in the open and take the necessary steps toward citizenship if they qualify.

cj's dad
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The Dream act was pending here in Md. until a state senator gathered enough signatures via referendum - 50k I believe - to put the bill on the November ballot.

Isn't Ca. a referendum state ? Start collecting signatures. If it can be done here - a decidedly blue state - it can be done in Ca.

BlueShoe
09-02-2011, 11:22 PM
This has become a huge hot button issue in California. With 37% of its citizens of Hispanic/Latino origin, this voting bloc, when allied with blacks and liberal whites, has a virtual stranglehold on politics at the state level, with Republican assemblymen and state senators a distinct minority. This is why California is so far left and why it is in such deep trouble. There is a chance, a very slight one, that the governor will veto this bill. Moonbeam can be wild card erratic at times, and with the huge fiscal problems the state is facing, he just might drop political payback and actually do what is right for the state. Quite frankly I doubt it, but with Brown there may be a slim chance of a veto.

Tom
09-03-2011, 09:50 AM
If California is so willing to deny US citizens the use of their tax dollars, I see no reason why California should receive nay federal benefits. I will contact the TP and make sure this idea is discussed.