PDA

View Full Version : New trailer for HRTV John Shear

so.cal.fan
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Shows Gary Mandella explaining how Sea and Sage broke loose and ran for John's gap.......

r2hj9QjlBXI

andymays
09-02-2011, 07:19 PM
John and his wife Diane are true Heros.

HRTV agreed to stream it on Monday for the people who can't see it live.

Go HRTV!

andymays
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Just got the word from one of the Bosses. They made a special agreement to show it on the website.

Good for them.

andymays
09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Sunday, Sept. 4 at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT.
http://www.hrtv.com/press.asp?id=241

HEROIC 90-YEAR-OLD SANTA ANITA PADDOCK GUARD, JOHN SHEAR, FEATURED ON

Arcadia, CA, Aug. 31 -- A paddock guard at Santa Anita for a half-century, John Shear gained national accolades for his selfless bravery early this year when, at age 90, he saved a young girl from serious injury while doing his job.

Shear will be the featured subject on the next installment of HRTV's award-winning "Inside Information” documentary series, set for Sunday, Sept. 4 at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT.
The show will provide a retrospective look at his unforgettable act in shielding the young girl from a loose horse in the Santa Anita paddock in March, as well as a deeper look at the determined, hard-working English-born gentleman who grew up to love horses, and how they have brought him face-to-face with some of the most famous, and infamous, people in history.
The show will include never-before-seen footage of the fateful March afternoon when Shear risked his own life, and suffered critical injuries that kept him in the hospital for more than a month. In addition, it will include a candid conversation with the affable, understated Shear, about his life, difficult in his younger years, and the many people he's met along the way.
Shear is an institution at the renowned Southern California track, and interviews with John's son, Mike, his wife Diane, and Santa Anita officials provide a testament to his love for Santa Anita, and his resolute determination to man his usual paddock post for the track's Winter/Spring meeting on Dec. 26.

so.cal.fan
09-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Did they tell you they were going to air the show live on the internet Sunday?
Santa Anita just called me and said they were going to air it live on HRTV Sunday, but air it on the internet Monday.

I don't get HRTV here in Sierra Madre. I could go down and watch it at Santa Anita but don't think we will.
They will be airing the live feed from Santa Anita March 12th of the accident.
This has been held until now.

5k-claim
09-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I thought someone had given Mr. Shear a new trailer to haul horses in as a gift, and I came to see pictures of it. (Not sure what my mind processed 'HRTV' as in the title.)

Like everyone else, Mr. Shear is on my list of heroes around the track.

so.cal.fan
09-04-2011, 07:34 PM
We didn't know you had to subscribe to watch their shows.
John and I won't be able to watch it, as we don't get HRTV here in Sierra Madre.
I hope Andy is correct and they will show this free on the internet.
John isn't happy about this, as some of our family members were hoping to be able to see the show tonight.
I'm not sure we would have agreed to do this, had we known.
Anyway, if any of you watch it, let us know how you liked it.
I'm sure it's a good show. Just wish we could see it tonigh. :bang:

BillW
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Diane,

You 2 did (and looked!) great! I'm glad to see John has recovered so well. If HRTV had any class they would have sent a limo to take you two to the studio to view it there. Make sure you get a copy on DVD to save. That's the least they could do for you. Pass along my best to John.

so.cal.fan
09-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Thanks, Bill
Our son and his friends all saw the show in San Diego, they get HRTV.
Another friend saw it in Arcadia, she has some dish network.
Time Warner Cable, which we have, only has TVG.
Anyway, HRTV people will provide us with several copies of DVD, but probably not until next week.
We were just disappointed that we misunderstood and thought we would get to see it free on HRTV website tonight. That wasn't the case.
I did hear it was a very well done show. The lady who produced the show is a top class professional, who has won awards for these things.
I'm sure it will make it on the internet, so everyone can watch it.
I understand they showed the track feed of the accident.
I still am not sure I want to see that.........

Forego
09-08-2011, 12:37 PM
HRTV is so far in over its head when it tries to produce this kind of show. As usual, they bang the self-promotional drum loud and long, then fail to deliver. The story of Mr. Shear's remarkably heroic act could be told -- should be told -- as a 2-minute piece. Instead, HRTV stretches it into a snail-paced, unwatchable half-hour show.

ElKabong
09-09-2011, 12:36 AM
If someone finds it on the internet, please do post it. I'd love to see it.

The Shears are wonderful people. Not enough folks like them in the world anymore.

BillW
09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
If someone finds it on the internet, please do post it. I'd love to see it.

The Shears are wonderful people. Not enough folks like them in the world anymore.

It was posted but deleted (search google videos :mad: )

so.cal.fan
09-09-2011, 05:11 AM
John Shear
Hi everyone, if you don't receive HRTV, you can watch the Inside Information story today for free. Click on the Inside Information -FREE tab on the left hand side and then the John Shear story on the right hand side.

HRTV Inside Information - FREE
www.hrtvlive.com
HRTV Live

Thanks, El Kabong and Bill W.
My son posted the video on a website, but took it off until HRTV discontinues posting their link free, which they are still doing.