PDA

View Full Version : Racing Job

Dave Schwartz
09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
This was posted on a horse racing group on Linked-In. I got permission to distribute it here.

Director of Marketing position open in the Sports Entertainment Industry, preferably Horse Racing. See Expanded Position Profile below:
Responsibilities
• Brand program management – ensure that all branded collateral follows corporate guidelines.
• Marketing material development – sales collateral, case studies, corporate templates, newsletters and other marketing deliverables.
• Management of designers and agencies – manage the efforts of all creative and promotional staff.
• Racetrack marketing and product integration – oversee development and implantation of on-track marketing materials such as posters, brochures, signage and marquis messaging.
• Promotions – develop and implement promotional concepts.
• Media plan development and management – develop and maintain the monthly media plan budget, implementation and delivery of assets to media outlets.
• Communications / Public Relations – oversee the creation and dissemination of press releases and corporate communication.

Required Skills and Experience
• Candidate should have experience in business-to-consumer marketing, preferably in the area of sports, horse racing and / or online marketing services.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
• Ability to work cross-functionally (services, sales, product management, etc.) to obtain consensus on marketing projects while keeping deliverables on track.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail while working under tight time constraints.
• Strong ability to schedule and prioritize work effectively in order to meet critical deadlines.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Strong ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Excellent writing skills for both print and web.
• Excellent PC skills, MS Office.
• Experience in managing performance-based marketing programs a plus.
• Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite a plus. HTML proficiency a plus.

Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by forwarding their resume as an attachment to: slworry@atlanticbb.net
Reports to Vice President of Marketing
Located in south of the Pittsburgh area. We offer a relocation package.
Salary commensurate with experience

posted 2 days ago

Greyfox
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Looks like a job for someone who wants a heart attack down the road.

Irish Boy
09-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Ability to work cross-functionally to obtain consensus on marketing projects while keeping deliverables on track.
:lol: :lol:

"Ability to work on several projects at once."

OR

"Ability to multitask," if you don't mind a little jargon.

In all seriousness, I'd love that type of job, though I'm both over- and under-qualified.

stuball
09-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Someone must be starting a one man racetrack.......they could add
common sense not required.....

Stuball

Dave Schwartz
09-02-2011, 10:52 AM
The article says, "Sports Entertainment Industry." I am not exactly sure what that means, but apparently they are looking for a person with horse playing experience.

Dave

thaskalos
09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
The article says, "Sports Entertainment Industry." I am not exactly sure what that means, but apparently they are looking for a person with horse playing experience.

Dave

Don't they know that we got involved in this game exactly because we wanted to avoid "stuffy" jobs like this one? :)

rastajenk
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
On the contrary, I got into racing as a career precisely so I wouldn't have to rely on my wagering any longer. :eek:

"South of Pittsburgh" sounds like the Meadows harness track to me.

WeirdWilly
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Dave

I thought "Sports Entertainment" was the new term for WWE "Pro Wrasslin".

Are "Ability to get hit over the head with a chair" and "Experience falling off a ladder" parts of the job requirements?

:bang:
^^^ A demonstration of the daily tasks

gillenr
09-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Just a SWAG - AP.

David-LV
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I guess that lets me out unless I can come back as 5 people.

This sounds like a job for superman!!

________
David-LV

Stillriledup
09-03-2011, 12:08 AM
If i were them, i'd get rid of the bachelors degree and ask for a person who graduated the school of hard knocks instead.

Robert Fischer
09-03-2011, 02:29 AM
cool stuff.
racing really has lots of room to improve by using media and marketing.

Rico8812
09-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Starting salary over/under $70,000?

rrpic6
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Starting salary over/under $70,000?

Funny stuff! This is America....try minimum wage. (I'll avoid the Texas/Gov. Perry comments since this is not the place to do it).

RR

Irish Boy
09-03-2011, 06:54 PM
If i were them, i'd get rid of the bachelors degree and ask for a person who graduated the school of hard knocks instead.
"Can you read at a seventh grade level?"

"No."

"You have the job! Enough of these pointy headed intellectuals with their fancies degrees from state colleges."