PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul v. Rick Perry

Frank DeMartini
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Here is an interesting article from our web site comparing the two of them:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/?p=9773

lamboguy
09-01-2011, 10:06 PM
nixon never took us off the gold standard. i am sick of everyone claiming that, its pure fiction. nixon closed the gold window. he had too. when he was president you could redeem the paper certificates for gold. it was $35 worth of paper to recieve 1 ounce of gold. there were exchanges all over the world that would give you $42 at that time for that gold that you just exchanged from the treasury of the united states. if he didn't close the gold window, the country would have run out of gold in less than a year. we are still on the gold standard, except you can't redeem paper for gold, and more than likely there is not enough gold in the treasury to back all the outstanding paper floating all over the world.

he left the laws alone so that there will not have to be an amendment to the constitution to get us back on the gold standard, which i highly believe will happen within 5 years from now.

the economic problems we have today have nothing at all to do with nixon. if you want to start blaming guys, start with reagan, then go right over to bush junior, and the guy we have now which is worse than the 2 i mentioned before him.