PDA

View Full Version : HANA editorial: Nine months after the takeout increase...

andymays
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/hana-editorial-nine-months-after-the-takeout-increase/

Excerpt:

At the Horseplayers Association of North America website, a guest poster ("industry watcher and horse racing fan 'Indulto'") provides his perspective on what's happened in the nine months since California increased takeout, followed by the HANA-supported horseplayers boycott:

mannyberrios
09-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Way to go!

andymays
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
We never give up Manny! :ThmbUp:

rrpic6
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Nice to hear from "Indulto". One of the most well spoken, knowledgeable gentlemen that used to post here often. I wandered where he went.

RR

jelly
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
It's sad to see what the TOC is doing to California racing.

lamboguy
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
in my own selfish way i stopped supporting california racing in different ways. i stopped racing horses there, and i stopped betting the place. i wear 2 different hats but i get treated exactly the same way in the racing game. the racing industry seems to think they don't need owners, and they don't need bettors. the result is what you have there now. no interest in the game. there have been alot of track closures west of the missisippi. that only adds to california racing problems. cal. is in need of a strong national organization and stronger rules to survive. its really the same story all over. downsizing is not the answer in racing, it only makes matters worse. as long as people in this game get paid big money for doing nothing, we will get nothing. the state of california racing effects other parts of the country.