PDA

View Full Version : Wiki leaks ....blows it wide open

JustRalph
09-01-2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/08/31/wikileaks.security.lapse/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

More than 250,000 secret U.S. diplomatic cables are now available in full and unfiltered online, exposing scores of U.S. diplomatic sources and informants that were meant to be protected often for their own safety, according to the website WikiLeaks.
But this is not an official WikiLeaks release. Rather, what appears to be a string of errors has lead to both the raw file and the password that unlocks that file to be released into the public domain, without WikiLeaks control.

Tom
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
In a statement posted on Twitter, WikiLeaks said, "Guardian investigations editor, David Leigh, recklessly, and without gaining our approval, knowingly disclosed the decryption passwords in a book published by the Guardian."

Take a huge set to say this after the way they stole this information in the first place!

gm10
09-01-2011, 04:00 PM
This one shocked me.

"One of the US diplomatic cables in the latest batch released by Wikileaks offers evidence of US troops executing at least 10 Iraqi civilians in one incident, including women and children who were handcuffed and shot in the head.

Among the children killed was a 5-month old baby."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311006

Tom
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Anyone can say crap - when I see proof, I'll believe. Until then, it remains crap.

lsbets
09-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Assange should have been taken out like Bin Laden.

Tom
09-01-2011, 10:01 PM
What better home for a bullet than his head.

elysiantraveller
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
The casual talk about killing people on this board is somewhat distrubing...

lsbets
09-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Why would it disturb you that I say that?

elysiantraveller
09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Its not just you...

The mantra here a lot of the time is just, "I don't like that person they should be dead."

Its kinda sad really.

boxcar
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM

This is tame compared to all the political hate speech by our elected officials. I predict we'll be remembering the political 2012 vitriol for some time to come, with no presidential admonitions to "tone down the rhetoric" or to "speak in civil tones".

Boxcar

bigmack
09-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Its kinda sad really.
Sad as in it makes you melancholy or sad like a valley girl would use?

lsbets
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Its not just you...

The mantra here a lot of the time is just, "I don't like that person they should be dead."

Its kinda sad really.

Its not sad at all. That is what should happen to Assange. He is every bit a terrorist like Bin Laden. His actions endanger our soldiers, diplomats and our sources in the intelligence community. We need to kill him to protect our national security.

What is sad is that you assume that when someone says that a terrorist who is at war with our nation should be killed you think that it is something taken casually.

elysiantraveller
09-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Its not sad at all. That is what should happen to Assange. He is every bit a terrorist like Bin Laden. His actions endanger our soldiers, diplomats and our sources in the intelligence community. We need to kill him to protect our national security.

What is sad is that you assume that when someone says that a terrorist who is at war with our nation should be killed you think that it is something taken casually.

Lets see:
Bin Laden: 2,977
Assange: 0

Bin Laden wanted by international criminal court, United States, Spain, Great Britain, etc. etc.

Assange fighting what appear to be phony sexual assault charges in Sweden.

Yep, same guy.

Its okay to not like the guy and want to see him stopped but he is one in a long list of people here that should be "killed" hell you are comparing him to Bin Laden. I mean when you read stuff like this its completely understandable why a lot of the world hates us.

Tom
09-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Only to the weak minded.

elysiantraveller
09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Only to the weak minded.

I'm still waiting for your response to my weak minded points in the AARP thread.

Tom
09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes, your points there were rather weak minded. I agree with you.
Happy now?

lsbets
09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Lets see:
Bin Laden: 2,977
Assange: 0

Bin Laden wanted by international criminal court, United States, Spain, Great Britain, etc. etc.

Assange fighting what appear to be phony sexual assault charges in Sweden.

Yep, same guy.

Its okay to not like the guy and want to see him stopped but he is one in a long list of people here that should be "killed" hell you are comparing him to Bin Laden. I mean when you read stuff like this its completely understandable why a lot of the world hates us.

Yes I am comparing him to Bin Laden. How many intelligence sources whose names he released might end up dead? How many Americans might end up dead because of our diminished capabilities to gather intel overseas?

What is sad is how you casually dismiss the actions of someone who is as much, if not more, of a threat to our national security as Al Queda.

As I said, he needs to die.