PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market being manipulated by Bernacke?

so.cal.fan
08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Does anyone believe that Bernacke isn't going to do a QE3?

The interesting thing should be how many FED GOVERNERS will oppose it.
He had 3 oppose last time, if 4 oppose, he won't be able to do it.
Then what happens to the stock market?

Another angle is Europe. Will Germany bankrupt itself by bailing out Greece and Italy, etc, with guarantee of bonds?
I don't think they will.

Question?
Will Obama try to pull his bail out of the foreclosures? By offering people who went under to only pay half their mortgage and stick us taxpayers who pay our mortgage and credit cards with the bill? I think he calls it "spreading the wealth". I call it very UNFAIR. I think many others will to.
If he does this, as rumored he will,when the honest people realize they are being sold out to provide social justice for deadbeats.......will they revolt.
If this happens, will there be a movement for every honest taxpayer to refuse to pay their mortgages and credit card bills for a month?
If they do it, won't this CRASH the BANKS and WALLSTREET?

Should be interesting to see how Obama gets out of this one.

Saratoga_Mike
08-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Does anyone believe that Bernacke isn't going to do a QE3?

The interesting thing should be how many FED GOVERNERS will oppose it.
He had 3 oppose last time, if 4 oppose, he won't be able to do it.
Then what happens to the stock market?

Another angle is Europe. Will Germany bankrupt itself by bailing out Greece and Italy, etc, with guarantee of bonds?
I don't think they will.

Question?
Will Obama try to pull his bail out of the foreclosures? By offering people who went under to only pay half their mortgage and stick us taxpayers who pay our mortgage and credit cards with the bill? I think he calls it "spreading the wealth". I call it very UNFAIR. I think many others will to.
If he does this, as rumored he will,when the honest people realize they are being sold out to provide social justice for deadbeats.......will they revolt.
If this happens, will there be a movement for every honest taxpayer to refuse to pay their mortgages and credit card bills for a month?
If they do it, won't this CRASH the BANKS and WALLSTREET?

Should be interesting to see how Obama gets out of this one.

No, goes down, no, yes-try, yes-try, no, yes

so.cal.fan
08-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree that the people will be fearful to do this, but if this issue goes viral on the internet, and people are mad enough at the unfairness of this, they just might, but you're probably right, they won't, at least not yet.

If you have been paying your mortgage on time, paying your credit card bill every month, you aren't going to be happy about the guy next door who bought a home he couldn't afford, runs up credit card debt, and they gets "forgiven", but you get taxed, one way or another paying off his bad debts?
Not going to set well. If enough people revolt, they can take down every major bank in the country. After all, it's there money, money they got from the fed bailouts, that they were suppose to loan to the people, but they put it away in stocks and t-bonds, and commodities, not creating jobs by helping small business.

Mike at A+
08-31-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree that the people will be fearful to do this, but if this issue goes viral on the internet, and people are mad enough at the unfairness of this, they just might, but you're probably right, they won't, at least not yet.

If you have been paying your mortgage on time, paying your credit card bill every month, you aren't going to be happy about the guy next door who bought a home he couldn't afford, runs up credit card debt, and they gets "forgiven", but you get taxed, one way or another paying off his bad debts?
Not going to set well. If enough people revolt, they can take down every major bank in the country. After all, it's there money, money they got from the fed bailouts, that they were suppose to loan to the people, but they put it away in stocks and t-bonds, and commodities, not creating jobs by helping small business.
That will NEVER happen because responsible people are likely to continue to act responsibly. I'd love to skip a few payments here and there but my 801 credit rating would suffer.

Robert Goren
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Not going to set well. If enough people revolt, they can take down every major bank in the country. After all, it's there money, money they got from the fed bailouts, that they were suppose to loan to the people, but they put it away in stocks and t-bonds, and commodities, not creating jobs by helping small business.You are not going to be happy either if it and a couple more just like it go on the market for a whole lot less than you thought your house is worth. Even worse they don't sell at the much lower price and your neighborhood is turning into a ghost town.
What makes you think that if every major bank in the country goes down that every bank will not go down right along with the big boys?

so.cal.fan
08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Look, if we don't pay our mortgages and credit cards, how do any of the banks stay in business?
Oh yeah, they get bailed out by the Feds? How long can they kick the can down the road before they run out of road?

I am not promoting the idea of people not paying their bills. We pay our bills and I'm sure will continue to do so.
I'm just saying, if it keeps getting worse, people will finally realize how unfair these policies are and then....who knows?

It could happen, Robert. We have more people not paying taxes than those of us who are. No matter if it's Warren Buffett or the guy on food stamps and unemployment.

People need to have jobs, careers, before they can afford to buy homes, until that happens....real estate is in the tank.

DJofSD
08-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Hellicopter Ben has no choice: there will be some kind of action.

Just wait until 9/7 then the you-know-what will really be hitting the fan.

Robert Goren
08-31-2011, 12:53 PM
People need to have jobs, careers, before they can afford to buy homes, until that happens....real estate is in the tank. I agree with that. We need good jobs, career type jobs people to even think about buying a house. And people need to feel safe in that job. Nobody is going to make a long range commentment anymore if they feel the next time there is down turn, they are going to be laid off. People now days are more worried about tomorrow than they were 5 years ago.

Valuist
08-31-2011, 01:19 PM

This is exactly what Rick Santelli was talking about when he went on his rant in early 2009 that ultimately brought about the birth of the Tea Party.

lamboguy
08-31-2011, 01:26 PM
markets are always being manipulated. its just a game that gives you big time action. you can't get this type of action anymore at a horsetrack

i had a friend that was a market maket for the major market index in philadelphia. he always said that if it was up to him he would let everyone play without a commision so he could get his shot at their money.

what people don't seem to realise is that everytime you are in on a trade there is always someone on the otherside of your action somewhere.

and if you remember this line you will always be in tune with what the market is all about: THE JOB OF THE MARKET IS TO TAKE THE MOST AMOUNT OF MONEY AWAY FROM THE MOST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME.

DJofSD
08-31-2011, 01:46 PM
This is exactly what Rick Santelli was talking about when he went on his rant in early 2009 that ultimately brought about the birth of the Tea Party.
I will never forget that day.

Elliott Sidewater
08-31-2011, 02:06 PM
This is the first time that I remember approving of how Bernanke handled anything. Threaten QE3, or leave it as an open option, and then DON'T DO IT! The stock market reacted positively on Friday, despite the impending hurricane. I only wish that Obama would do the same: threaten to run for releelection, and then not do it. No such luck- even though he doesn't seem to like doing the job, he still likes the notoriety of having it. Rode out the hurricane by reading stories about Michelle Obama's profligate spending during her 65 days of vacation so far this year. One blog even had off the record comments from a White House staffer who said that even they were disgusted with her two fisted spending on 5 star hotels, lavish meals, massages, and alcohol. The staffer reportedly said "she makes Imelda Marcos look like Ebenezer Scrooge" :lol: My vote for him in 2008 is one of the biggest regrets of my adult life, only a tad below my first marriage.

so.cal.fan
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
That's pretty disgusting about Michelle Obama. Not a surprise, however.
The woman has no class.

How these people can go spend money like they do, when so many American's are not able to even buy anything but what's necessary.

I knew Obama was a fraud before the election, but Elliot, he's worse than I thought. I feel your disgust having trusted him.

Saratoga_Mike
08-31-2011, 03:10 PM
That's pretty disgusting about Michelle Obama. Not a surprise, however.
The woman has no class.

How these people can go spend money like they do, when so many American's are not able to even buy anything but what's necessary.

I knew Obama was a fraud before the election, but Elliot, he's worse than I thought. I feel your disgust having trusted him.

It's her money - she can spend it just as she pleases, just as Nancy Reagan did (rightfully so).

so.cal.fan
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Bernanke is between a rock and a hard place. I really don't think they know what to do.
They'll be damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Why do they persist with Keynesian economics? It has failed over and over all over the world for the past century.

What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over that doesn't work.

They should have let all these under water companies and banks go under, start from scratch.
No bail outs, let the free market work.

I was half joking when I mentioned a boycotte of paying our mortgages and credit cards, but the more I think about it, the more it may just make sense! :eek: :faint:
We're going to go the same way of Japan, stagflation for the next 20 years.
If I were Obama I would not even run for re-election. I wouldn't want the job, would any of you?