PDA

View Full Version : Help with single data files at Bris

Flysofree
08-31-2011, 10:45 AM
When I download a Bris single data file to Computrak, I have no problem with it because the Computrak program has a built in method to unzip them.

However, I have a program that requires the single data file to be unzipped before I can get it into the program for viewing. Sometime I am lucky enough to get it "extracted" after 2 or 3 times of downloading and then into the program. This is exhausting when it should be simple.

Is there a simple step by step method to do this?

Tom
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Look a freeware program - like FLYZIP.

http://fyzip.com/download/free-fyzip-download.php?pk=463&pid=TR

headhawg
08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
7-zip is a good program. Download from here. (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Flysofree
08-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Windows 7 has an extract program. The problem I am having is getting the Bris file to a place where it says "Extract All" .Ususally once I get that done, it shows up in the program that I'm trying to use... :bang:

headhawg
09-01-2011, 12:23 AM
So you're saying that you can't get the Bris file to extract to a location that you want? If you install 7-zip it will integrate itself into Windows. You can then find the Bris file in Windows Explorer, right-click on it, choose 7-zip/Extract files, and then use the ellipsis (...) to choose the location that you want the drf file to be extracted into.

PhantomOnTour
09-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I've recently had an experience with their Results Chart Data Files that I wouldn't wish on anybody. In short, unless you have programming capabilities or access to a program someone else has created, these files are useless.

The software they give you at their site is outdated garbage...DO NOT try to use their PKUnzip program whatever you do. No modern machine will run it.
I really fear what's gonna happen in a year or two when they have to overhaul all of their software.
I smell disaster!

chickenhead
09-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I also recommend 7zip.