PDA

View Full Version : Spa meet kicked in the ribs by Irene

thespaah
08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Just looked at attendance/handle figs for today. Just under 8,000 on track bet $1.5 million. All sources was just over $6 million.
I would imagine many vacationers have either cancelled plans or gone home as a result of the Hurricane.
Shame.

Bettowin
08-30-2011, 12:36 AM
I was driving east Sunday and the majority of the vehicles going west in the wind and rain were rescue vehicles of some sort, fire departments with boats or National Guard trucks but the point is that I don't think they were going to the Spa.

thespaah
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I was driving east Sunday and the majority of the vehicles going west in the wind and rain were rescue vehicles of some sort, fire departments with boats or National Guard trucks but the point is that I don't think they were going to the Spa.Many of the major roads are still either under water or impassable due to structural damage. Parts of the NYS Thruway are still closed.
The final week is just going to suck for attendance.

statepierback
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
The Goddess of Peace was crying. Can't blame her after reading that thread about Pa. racing.

thespaah
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
The Goddess of Peace was crying. Can't blame her after reading that thread about Pa. racing. :confused: