PDA

View Full Version : Fort RIDICULOUS

turfbar
08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
After a brief rain event at FE they , with 20 minutes b4 the post took the race off the turf and the 7th also. WHY? Talk about overreacting ! There hasn't been rain in the area since last wednesday. Whomever makes the decisions there is
RIDICULOUS

P.S. Sun's out now
T

thespaah
08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
After a brief rain event at FE they , with 20 minutes b4 the post took the race off the turf and the 7th also. WHY? Talk about overreacting ! There hasn't been rain in the area since last wednesday. Whomever makes the decisions there is
RIDICULOUS

P.S. Sun's out now
T
Quite possibly the turf is going through weather related stress.
I am thinking the grass is either fescue or Kentucky Blue GRass or a blend.
These turf types thrive in cooler wetter weather. They both require plenty of irrigation with natural rainfall. These grasses are also subject to many pests.
Just spitballing here.

appistappis
08-30-2011, 01:30 AM
they always come off the turf at the hint of rain....I guessed it was because they don't have the money and crew to work it.

thespaah
08-30-2011, 07:02 PM
they always come off the turf at the hint of rain....I guessed it was because they don't have the money and crew to work it.Perhaps it is a budgetary issue.
Run on it. Chew it up because it's wet and you've damaged it for two weeks.
It's the root system that concerns the track super the most. Tearing the turf isn't that bad. If the root system is damaged, it's shut down time.

Tom
08-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I once spilled a beer there and they took the feature off the grass.

thespaah
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I once spilled a beer there and they took the feature off the grass.I bet hacking up a loogie in the parking lot cancels turf racing for the week!!!

HuggingTheRail
08-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Hey, its Canada - we would rather smoke the grass :D