PDA

View Full Version : The Factor

classhandicapper
08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
That was an impressive return. The older CA sprinters are a pretty good group for him to handle. His performance makes me even more upset he didn't come in for the King's Bishop.

toussaud
08-29-2011, 11:36 AM
i have alway said i don't think there is a horse on earth that could beat this horse in mile race or less if he's healthy, i just didn't know if he was going to be healthy or not, he's just too fast. like ghostzapper a few years ago he just has gears that other horses dont' have.

MNslappy
08-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Was the track pretty fast that day in general? I don't follow that track much, but the splits seemed impressive. I kept waiting for the front two to take a short breather at some point, but then they flashed 108 and change for 6f, so they went awfully fast at the beginning and kept pouring it on. I wonder what the BSF will look like, anyone have it?

By the way, Bill OReilley played the race on his show, just like he did earlier this spring. Gotta be good for racing, whatever you think of that show, it's a huge audience.

keithw84
08-31-2011, 11:35 PM
This is interesting. The Factor is one of three 3-year olds with three wins in Graded Stakes this year. The others are Stay Thirsty and Caleb's Posse. Of the three, The Factor is the only one to have notched a win over older horses.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/comeback-trail

BlueShoe
09-01-2011, 01:23 AM
An ideal next spot for him would be the Santa Anita Grade I Ancient Title at 6 fulongs on October 8th, and then on to the BC Sprint. Baffert has hinted that either the Sprint or pehaps the Dirt Mile is their goal.

Zippy Chippy
09-01-2011, 06:23 AM
The Factor is one of the 3yo I was a huge detractor of. After this race I am completely impressed. What a beast.