PDA

View Full Version : P Val

Mineshaft
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
is the master he freakin stole that race someone call the cops....

Some_One
08-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I think the stewards need to haul Joel Rosario in and ask what the hell he was doing, didn't use the whip once I think.

Stillriledup
08-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I think the stewards need to haul Joel Rosario in and ask what the hell he was doing, didn't use the whip once I think.

lol that horse is a head case, if he whipped him he might have ended up in the infield.

Shelby
08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought it was a great race. :)

Yes, I should have posted my picks beforehand so that you guys know I'm not lying, but I hit the 10 cent super today! 139 dollars yippee :)

I wonder what happened to Setsuko? I used that horse, too, and I really thought he'd be in the mix :confused:

KirisClown
08-28-2011, 09:04 PM
hDwkS-SekcM

David-LV
08-28-2011, 09:13 PM
That is what I call great race riding. Not bad for a jockey who will be 49 years old next month.

P. Val is still the master of speed & pace. :)

________
David-LV

Stillriledup
08-28-2011, 09:18 PM
With Richards kid sweeping from the back to win this race a couple of times, i think the connections were all fighting to stay far back. I'm not sure why the 1 horse wasnt' put on the lead or at least stalking, he was taken right out of his game early. That Woodbine horse is a free runner and they just didnt let him run to his style.

Shelby
08-28-2011, 09:43 PM
hDwkS-SekcM

Thanks for the replay. Looks like Setsuko just....faded... sigh.

Tom
08-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Whole lot of nothing performances in that race.

Dahoss2002
08-29-2011, 01:23 AM
That is what I call great race riding. Not bad for a jockey who will be 49 years old next month.

P. Val is still the master of speed & pace. :)

________
David-LV

P.Val is the master of raceriding. Here is my favorite
HoY_U8NTC7E

David-LV
08-29-2011, 01:49 AM
P.Val is the master of raceriding. Here is my favorite

The most amazing thing is that race took place in 1987 and here we are 24 years later and P.Val is still thrilling us with his great rides.

_________
David-LV

Marshall Bennett
08-29-2011, 05:44 AM
I knew when Chantal went to the whip at the top of the stretch her horse was done.

Stillriledup
08-29-2011, 05:49 AM
The ironic thing about this thread is that it kind of points out a human being as possibly being the 'difference' but the human being who finished a nose behind was the human being who selected the 2nd place finisher and the winner was being ridden by the replacement jock. (suggesting that maybe jocks at this level are irrelevant and its all about the horse)

Bruddah
08-29-2011, 12:23 PM
The truth is; PVAL by past History is a waste of great talent, with enough residual ability and connections to be very good, among a weak group of West coast jockeys. Therefore receiving far too much credit in this thread.

thaskalos
08-29-2011, 12:30 PM
hDwkS-SekcM

And a very nice race call by Trevor Denman...:cool:

Greyfox
08-29-2011, 12:42 PM
The truth is; PVAL by past History is a waste of great talent, with enough residual ability and connections to be very good, among a weak group of West coast jockeys. Therefore receiving far too much credit in this thread.

A weak group of West coast jockeys??

Bejarano, Rosario, Talamo, Baze(when sober), Gomez, Garcia.....they can ride any track in North America and rate quite highly.

pondman
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM

I've heard other jockey say the problem with P Val is he never mans up to anything. If he ran his personal affairs as well as he rides...

Seems to be able to get the horse running out of the bridle and in the right spot in every race. But many trainers won't ride him, because of attitude.

depalma113
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
The most amazing thing is that race took place in 1987 and here we are 24 years later and P.Val is still thrilling us with his great rides.

_________
David-LV

The most amazing thing is PVal isn't dead.