PDA

View Full Version : The Factor

Tic-Tac
08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Even money or above $$$$$$ :ThmbUp:

Tic-Tac
08-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Lock me up... That was a steeaaaaallllll!!!!!!

Tic-Tac
08-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Paid 5.40 and 4.20 in the middle

That is just amazing did people forget about this horse or something wow easy $$

BlueShoe
08-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Even more impressive, Smiling Tiger outbroke him, and he was able to rate slightly before cracking ST, who finished 4th.

Tic-Tac
08-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes you are right tiger took to the lead they dueled and factor just drew off ... Very impressive ... I just could not believe i got 8/5 people talk about value 4-1 5-1 etc well to me 8/5 was greeaat value in that race on this horse

precocity
08-28-2011, 07:06 PM
the factor always had class :ThmbUp:

The WindfallAngler
08-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Like finding it in the street. :)

Gotta like Baffert's pre-race comments, along the lines of "This horse has only ONE WAY to go," ;) keeping the price within reason. Then, seeing Smiling Tiger bust out like that.

Meanwhile, The Factor has learned how to rate? Maybe so.

iceknight
08-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I Liked THE FACTOR's performance.. but I am not sure what a horse is doing "rating" in a 7F race. it should just be go all the way..
same with Uncle Mo.. But it will be fun to see Uncle vs Factor sometime

senortout
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I Liked THE FACTOR's performance.. but I am not sure what a horse is doing "rating" in a 7F race. it should just be go all the way..

Be careful what you wish for......you could end up with the cheap speed in every race and I'm not kiddin'

senortout

insomnia
08-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Ice what do you mean by this? Are you just saying speed should not rate in 7f?

Thanks!

BlueShoe
08-28-2011, 08:18 PM
But it will be fun to see Uncle vs Factor sometime
In their next starts one or both colts could regress, ie, "bounce", both coming off of hard, taxing races after a layoff. Or one or both could improve off of that effort. ???

iceknight
08-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Ice what do you mean by this? Are you just saying speed should not rate in 7f?

Thanks!

Speed is crucial. but what I meant is that Uncle Mo was "Rated" by his jockey and that maybe caused him to lose at the end by a nose to Caleb's
On the other hand, i dont think the Factor was rated much by the jockey, it is subtle of course.. but sometimes if one horse takes off and the distance is only 7F the others just cannot catch it by the end..

BlueShoe
08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
On the other hand, i dont think the Factor was rated much by the jockey, it is subtle of course.. but sometimes if one horse takes off and the distance is only 7F the others just cannot catch it by the end..
They went the half in 44 1/5, not exactly rating. The entire race was swift, blazing early and very fast final time.