PDA

View Full Version : Starting to look like more than a coincidence

redeye007
08-27-2011, 05:09 AM
For the umteenth time now when I have been on for the last leg of a pick 4, the horse with the best chance of winning the race, which of course I have on my ticket, is scratched at the gate. this seems like more than a coincidence to me as it has already happened several times. you'd think that the trainer would know his own animal's heath when he was saddling it up and if it was in question would scratch him then instead of waiting til it reaches the starting gate. I smell a rat.

bigmack
08-27-2011, 05:40 AM
You're not paranoid. There's someone out to get you.

forced89
08-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Isn't it the Stewards on advice of Vet who make gate scratches?

lamboguy
08-27-2011, 09:21 AM
For the umteenth time now when I have been on for the last leg of a pick 4, the horse with the best chance of winning the race, which of course I have on my ticket, is scratched at the gate. this seems like more than a coincidence to me as it has already happened several times. you'd think that the trainer would know his own animal's heath when he was saddling it up and if it was in question would scratch him then instead of waiting til it reaches the starting gate. I smell a rat.years ago, when you could bet horses non paimutually in the desert. there was a rule that if you bet the daily double and if your horse lost the 1st race, and the horse that you bet in 2nd race got scratched, you would get a refund. if the horse won the first race and the horse got scratched in the second, that would result in a refund as well. in those days if you had something to do with the horse in the second race, i could possibly see collusion. today those rules don't exist. but when money is involved anything is possible for sure..

i personally stay away from multiple wagering. if it was up to me, i would get rid of all forms of multiple wagering. and i am sure everyone here will say THANK GOD I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

DeltaLover
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
i personally stay away from multiple wagering. if it was up to me, i would get rid of all forms of multiple wagering. and i am sure everyone here will say THANK GOD I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Pretty strange...

Multiple horizontal bets usually are (by far) the best bets in this game...

The added complexity of unknown factors that will be revealed to the public during the betting period from the opening of the race until the bell, offer a lot of opportunities for the astute handicapper who has the skill to detect morning lines inaccuracies and bet accordingly.

A pretty casual comparison of the payouts of a win parlay versus the corresponding pick3 , pick4 or pick6 is enough to convince anybody for the superiority of this type of exotic bets...

pondman
08-27-2011, 10:34 AM
A pretty casual comparison of the payouts of a win parlay versus the corresponding pick3 , pick4 or pick6 is enough to convince anybody for the superiority of this type of exotic bets...

The math isn't behind exotics. You might see the payouts...but how many people can actually earn the payouts. I personally ony know one individual who beats the pick 5. He'll hit some big payouts, but he'll also shell out $400+, to get a return of $200.

I wait until I can key out a couple longshots in several races, and put them together in a ticket, before playing any exotics (including exactas, and tris), which is infrequent.

If you dedicate yourself exclusively to exotics, you will run into a string of favorites. Nothing different than singling out horses. If the odds aren't there, don't play.

therussmeister
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
But with parlays you get to change your mind, you are not forced on a horse you don't want, you don't have to play consecutive races, you can even construct parlay wagers using several different tracks.

Edward DeVere
08-28-2011, 02:08 AM
For the umteenth time now when I have been on for the last leg of a pick 4, the horse with the best chance of winning the race, which of course I have on my ticket, is scratched at the gate. this seems like more than a coincidence to me as it has already happened several times. you'd think that the trainer would know his own animal's heath when he was saddling it up and if it was in question would scratch him then instead of waiting til it reaches the starting gate. I smell a rat.

I think the evidence is pretty clear - God hates you.