PDA

View Full Version : Beyer on Kindle

cj
08-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Hopefully this inspires more racing books in the electronic reader format:

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Races-Harvest-Book-ebook/dp/B005IQ2OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314185986&sr=1-1&tag=533643275-20

Dick Schmidt
08-27-2011, 04:35 AM
I love my Kindle and have often thought about putting Pace Makes the Race on a downloadable Kindle format. Further investigation shows that it would be almost impossible. the book is packed with example races taken from the Racing Form, plus charts and other graphics. I could put it in a PDF, but you can't change the type size in a PDF on the Kendal and it would result in microscopic print size. I would guess most handicapping books are in much the same boat, so we won't see very many on Kindal.

If racing was more viable I'd think of doing a rewrite and using online printouts for examples, but since I doubt I'd sell more than 500 or so, it just isn't worth doing.

Dick

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

Overlay
08-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I love my Kindle and have often thought about putting Pace Makes the Race on a downloadable Kindle format. Further investigation shows that it would be almost impossible. the book is packed with example races taken from the Racing Form, plus charts and other graphics. I could put it in a PDF, but you can't change the type size in a PDF on the Kendal and it would result in microscopic print size. I would guess most handicapping books are in much the same boat, so we won't see very many on Kindle.
That's what's held me back also, despite talks with a Kindle representative about the possibility.

JustRalph
08-27-2011, 10:18 AM
you can get Harvey Pack on the Kindle..........fyi