PDA

View Full Version : Bad Situation at LSU

PhantomOnTour
08-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Several football players, including starting QB (and severe underachiever) Jordan Jefferson were involved in a "brawl at an off-campus bar" about 3wks ago....the all too familiar tag line. Are there any on-campus bars? Just asking...
This one ain't going away though...JJ is surely going to be suspended for the opener in Dallas vs Oregon. A loss in this game means LSU must go undefeated the rest of the way if they realistically want a shot at the title.
Undefeated in the SEC is tough to do.

Baton Rouge police confiscated 49 pairs of shoes from JJ's apartment (49!!!).
There are allegations of JJ kicking/stomping a man in the head (one of the alleged victims is a US Marine)....guess they are looking to match a shoe print???

At any rate, this is sickening and I've just about had it with collegiate athletics. The amateur status thing is a joke, and it seems every elite program is rife with corruption, cheating, and criminal players & coaches.

No thanks :ThmbDown:

Robert Goren
08-26-2011, 09:40 AM
It was reported on TV that they found blood on one of the shoes. They are awaiting DNA results.

ManU918
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
It doesn't seem that Zach Mettenberger will be suspended because from all reports I have read he had a gun pulled on him. I think if he starts LSU still has a chance, but if he gets suspended then LSU could be in trouble vs Oregon.

DJofSD
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Oakland Raiders material.

PhantomOnTour
08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
It doesn't seem that Zach Mettenberger will be suspended because from all reports I have read he had a gun pulled on him. I think if he starts LSU still has a chance, but if he gets suspended then LSU could be in trouble vs Oregon.
That incident was from ANOTHER fight that took place in June btw LSU teammates. A guy pulled a gun on two of his teammates :faint:

ManU918
08-26-2011, 09:48 AM
That incident was from ANOTHER fight that took place in June btw LSU teammates. A guy pulled a gun on two of his teammates :faint:

Then if Zach is playing I still give LSU a shot in that game. Once that game comes back on the board I'll be curious to see how big the move is.

PhantomOnTour
08-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Then if Zach is playing I still give LSU a shot in that game. Once that game comes back on the board I'll be curious to see how big the move is.
You are one SERIOUS gambler dude.

ManU918
08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
You are one SERIOUS gambler dude.

When it comes to money I feel that being serious is the only way to be. Think about it, Oregon opened up as a 2 point favorite, the line went to 1 then all of this shit came out and the line closed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon at -4 when the line reopens. If that's the case I'll wait a little to see if it moves to 4.5 or 5 then jump on it. Mettenberger is a player, he threw 32 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions last year at the JC level.

Canarsie
08-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Multiple media outlets are reporting that arrest warrants have been issued for LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson and linebacker Josh Johns on second-degree battery. That charge is a felony in the state of Louisiana.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/felony-arrest-warrants-issued-for-jordan-jefferson-josh-jones/related/

ManU918
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Multiple media outlets are reporting that arrest warrants have been issued for LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson and linebacker Josh Johns on second-degree battery. That charge is a felony in the state of Louisiana.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/felony-arrest-warrants-issued-for-jordan-jefferson-josh-jones/related/

Just seen that they turned themselves in.

redshift1
08-26-2011, 01:28 PM
What's with kicking the defeated opponent in the head ?

ElKabong
08-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Les will do everything he can to make these a holes eligible to play.

The SEC is now nothing but a huge cesspool. Win at all costs. Almost every NCAA football and hoops program is a whorehouse these days, been going on for decades but is at an all time low now.

The year after TEXAS won the MNC we had about a dozen kids get in trouble w/ the law..... Totally unacceptable to a UT alum or booster. Win at all costs should never drive the train down the track. It's much better now than it was (for UT) but this thug nonsense is prevalent in the major college sports. It can happen to us or anyone (and does), Things have to change

I've lost a LOT of interest in college athletics the past few yrs. Thugs DO run college sports. Kid's dads / uncles / whatevahs, they have U's bent over the barrel for theri services. It's long past time to just say no to this nonsense of catering to athletes.

PhantomOnTour
08-26-2011, 04:36 PM
What's with kicking the defeated opponent in the head ?
Thug life baby, dontcha know.....

This LSU alum will not be attending any football games this season.
I am ashamed at what our football program has become. A few years before JJ was a punk kid named Ryan Perriloux...supremely talented QB who also happened to be a gangsta.
Oh yeah, we are winning a lot though :rolleyes:

Hey Elkabong...bet you are glad Colt McCoy went to UT cuz it woulda been Perriloux if he had chosen somewhere else. You dodged a bullet there man.

ElKabong
08-27-2011, 02:20 AM
POT,

I've posted about Perriloux-zer before. Dodged a bullet is a good way to put it....but he did "Perriloux" us (back out on his commit the final week) so the harm was done. A lot of his "buddies" from recruiting trips to Austin came to UT in 2006 even tho RP went to Baton Rouge. That frosh class was our worst ever in the "gangsta" dept. Bunch of thugs, a bunch of em didn't last 2 yrs in the program.

I'm with you....I just don't have the passion for it anymore b/c of the thug culture football has become. What a shame for you (and LSU alums and boosters), Tiger Stadium at night is special....but the monster that college ball has become takes the fun out of it.

Dahoss2002
08-27-2011, 03:37 AM

Jarret Lee will start the Oregon game. Mett is #2 at this point.

Robert Fischer
08-27-2011, 04:34 AM
lets see

we hand selected the largest, most physically gifted beast-men

we drill them constantly on being aggressive, instinctual and to behave in a mob-mentality

and now those knuckleheadz in miami are causing schools like LSU to take away the sex parties and cars generally given to the important athletes as an outlet...

these guys need chaperones... much better to have them in some boosters mansion than running the streets

Robert Goren
08-27-2011, 07:25 AM
You guys talk like this something new. It is not. I remember here at UNL we had a freshman QB try to run down a freshman RB with a car in the 80s. It turns out one was a blood and one was a crip. By time they were juniors both were starters. The rules is and has been in college football for quite awhile, If are you are or are going to be good, we have an obligation to help you "straighten your life out". If the best you are going to be is third string, you are gone.

Robert Fischer
08-27-2011, 08:55 AM
You guys talk like this something new. It is not. I remember here at UNL we had a freshman QB try to run down a freshman RB with a car in the 80s. It turns out one was a blood and one was a crip. By time they were juniors both were starters. The rules is and has been in college football for quite awhile, If are you are or are going to be good, we have an obligation to help you "straighten your life out". If the best you are going to be is third string, you are gone.

We just don't have the resources to deal with problem athletes, if they are 3rd stringers.

ManU918
09-01-2011, 07:36 AM
LSU reopens as a four point underdog.... Mettenberger time.

PhantomOnTour
09-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Mettenberger simpy ain't ready and will not see any playing time, unless Jarrett Lee goes to pieces (again).

I suspect LSU will win this game by controlling the ball...run til the runnin's done!

ManU918
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Mettenberger simpy ain't ready and will not see any playing time, unless Jarrett Lee goes to pieces (again).

I suspect LSU will win this game by controlling the ball...run til the runnin's done!

Strange because I read that Lee was out... now I'm reading he's in. Thankfully I didn't play the game yet so I'll wait and see. I'm sure your right though. Even with Lee I'll probably still play LSU.

PhantomOnTour
09-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Here we go again...one hell of a football team but no QB.
We may win 9 games on talent alone, but Jarret Lee ain't a National Title type guy.
Nice win last night.

Geaux Tigers

ManU918
09-15-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm all over Mississippi State tonight on the moneyline.

PhantomOnTour
09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
We either crush them or lose the game.
What's the line? Around 6.5 or so??

ManU918
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
We either crush them or lose the game.
What's the line? Around 6.5 or so??

Anywhere from 3 to 4 depending on where you are playing.

PhantomOnTour
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I expect a typical SEC game tonite...low scoring affair and a ground and pound running attack, esp from LSU.

Miss St. is a program on the verge of becoming really good.
LSU is prone to slip ups like this and may come out flat.
Tough call tonite.

ManU918
09-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I expect a typical SEC game tonite...low scoring affair and a ground and pound running attack, esp from LSU.

Miss St. is a program on the verge of becoming really good.
LSU is prone to slip ups like this and may come out flat.
Tough call tonite.

I just have a feeling after the world being on Mississippi State vs Auburn last week and losing everyone is now going to jump on LSU due to the fact that they beat Oregon on National TV in week 1. I'm sticking with my gut and going Miss St moneyline. If I'm wrong it certainly wouldn't be the first time and wont be the last. But there is no way I'm laying points on the road with LSU in an SEC home opener for Miss St.

ManU918
09-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Not that I follow trends but this one is interesting... Les Miles is 15-31-4 ATS in conference play at LSU.

ManU918
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Here we go!!!!!!! Should be a good game.

PhantomOnTour
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Here we go!!!!!!! Should be a good game.
It sure was!...don't you be betting 'gainst dem Bayou Bengals!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

newtothegame
09-15-2011, 11:48 PM
It sure was!...don't you be betting 'gainst dem Bayou Bengals!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

And you were pretty hard on Lee earlier in this thread (not that it wasnt deserving as he has a lot to prove this year)...but ANOTHER well played game, managed it very well from what I saw. Pretty good numbers....
Lee gets better and better from game 1 to 2 now to 3.....
If he continues to manage the game this well, the only real test I see is Bama.
This defense is better then ANY national champion I have seen in recent memory.
GEAUX TIGERS...all the way to New Orleans!!!

ElKabong
09-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I've seen all 3 MSU games and think their offense is way over rated, but.....gotta give a lotta credit to the LSU defense. Very salty. Physical, quick, solid, yet makes a lot of big plays

PhantomOnTour
09-16-2011, 12:40 AM
I know I was hard on Lee earlier in this thread, and he has gotten better, but I still just don't know if he's a championship caliber QB.
Dude makes me nervous, unlike Matt Mauck and Matt Flynn.

The LSU schedule is tough...gotta go to West Virginia and then the usual gauntlet of Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee awaits down the road.
Takin' it one week at a time.

Dahoss2002
09-16-2011, 04:17 AM
I know I was hard on Lee earlier in this thread, and he has gotten better, but I still just don't know if he's a championship caliber QB.
Dude makes me nervous, unlike Matt Mauck and Matt Flynn.

The LSU schedule is tough...gotta go to West Virginia and then the usual gauntlet of Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Tennessee awaits down the road.
Takin' it one week at a time.
The schedule is tough and JL seems to get rattled easy. I think he has improved a little over the 3 games thus far. Mauck benefitted from a great defense as well in 03. I really think if we had Flynn and the 07 offense in the 03 title game, we woulda scored 50 on Oklahoma. Mauck didnt exactly move the offense at will and threw a few pics that the defense overcame. I really think if we had Flynn and the 07 offense in the 03 title game, we woulda scored 50 on Oklahoma. Im just glad this defense compares to the 03 defense so far and hope we can carry on. If worse comes to worse, Mettenberger looks like he can take up the slack if needed. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

elysiantraveller
09-16-2011, 09:43 AM
LSU should leapfrog both the 1 and 2 teams after this win.

Depending on what happens between FSU and OK.

ManU918
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM

Really? Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, they beat Mississippi State.

ManU918
09-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I've seen all 3 MSU games and think their offense is way over rated, but.....gotta give a lotta credit to the LSU defense. Very salty. Physical, quick, solid, yet makes a lot of big plays

Totally agree with this. Relf looked lost last night.

PhantomOnTour
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM

The polls really mean nothing right now.
LSU and Bama are really close but that will be solved when they play each other.
Lonnnnnnng way to go.

elysiantraveller
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Really? Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, they beat Mississippi State.

And Oregon...

ManU918
09-16-2011, 11:11 AM
And Oregon...

Yes I understand that and that's why they jumped from four to three. The only way they jump to 1 or 2 is if Oklahoma or Alabama lose or if they beat Alabama on November 5th. If your an LSU fan then you should be pulling for FSU tomorrow.

elysiantraveller
09-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Yes I understand that and that's why they jumped from four to three. The only way they jump to 1 or 2 is if Oklahoma or Alabama lose or if they beat Alabama on November 5th. If your an LSU fan then you should be pulling for FSU tomorrow.

I'm not a Tiger fan. But they have dominated good teams thus far. To be honest when I posted that I completely forgot we have OK-FSU this weekend so its kinda moot.

Wolverine ticket-holder here. And after this week we will be back in the top 25 again!!!! Until Big10 season starts... :(

PhantomOnTour
09-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Wow...are the LSU Tigers the best team in the country?
Mountaineers made a run but LSU has some serious speed..Claiborne stopped and started twice on that kick return and then turned on the jets.

GEAUX TIGERS

Canarsie
09-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Wow...are the LSU Tigers the best team in the country?
Mountaineers made a run but LSU has some serious speed..Claiborne stopped and started twice on that kick return and then turned on the jets.

GEAUX TIGERS

If they win the SEC the answer is a definitive yes. Oklahoma is one of the biggest college football choke team the last ten years. I hardly bet college football anymore but they are a play against team if it is a really big game.

I'm not a huge college football fan but if I was forced to choose one conference to be shown of my cable system it would be the SEC. They have come a long way from being a run dominating conference.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Moving right along with a nice win over Florida; accented by a purposeful Tim Tebow-like jump pass from QB Jefferson for the TD. Tebow pulled that play off against LSU a few years back for a TD.

Fake punt was awesome, but ruined by the showboating...gotta play by the rules.

No idea who's next on the schedule but we're gonna kick their ass.
Only worry at this point is Alabama, and they are a deserved worry...then I can worry about Arkansas, who seem to have a large jar of Super-Tiger Kryptonite hidden somewhere on campus...they break it out once a year and give us fits. As solid as our D is we cannot seem to slow them down.

Keep it goin Tigers!!

Also, congrats to the local team, the UL Ragin Cajuns, who went to 5-1 with a rare win over nemesis Troy. This has been a terrible program but is revived this year with new coach Mark Hudspeth. Down here in the deep south it's a good thing when the local football team is winning, believe me.

doophus
10-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Yep, it's been fun watching the maturity of Lee and the success of the Tigers.

But, be careful with your enthusiasm; I happen to vividly remember the 1959 trip to Tn one week after the famous Halloween run by Cannon against Ole Miss. LsU was #1 and Tn was unranked. Bill Major, et al, stopped Cannon's (2) point conversion attempt early in the 4th Qtr. Final score was Tn 14 - 13. I think Tn lost all games remaining on their schedule, and they may not have scored another touchdown during those games.

I don't think it will happen this year, but I thought the Tigers were invincible in 1959.

Dahoss2002
10-10-2011, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour]Moving right along with a nice win over Florida; accented by a purposeful Tim Tebow-like jump pass from QB Jefferson for the TD. Tebow pulled that play off against LSU a few years back for a TD.
QUOTE]
Les has a great memory for sure! That play made my weekend. GEAUX TIGERS!!

ElKabong
10-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Only worry at this point is Alabama, and they are a deserved worry....

the ratings for the Alabama LSU game is going to be off the charts if they both enter that game undefeated, as expected.

As much as I bang the pot about the $EC being a cesspool, I'll stop down and watch that game regardless of what else is happening that day. Call me a hypocrite -- but be sure and call me a fan of good football ;)

PhantomOnTour
10-10-2011, 02:24 AM
the ratings for the Alabama LSU game is going to be off the charts if they both enter that game undefeated, as expected.

As much as I bang the pot about the $EC being a cesspool, I'll stop down and watch that game regardless of what else is happening that day. Call me a hypocrite -- but be sure and call me a fan of good football ;)
That game is on BrCup Saturday :bang: :bang:

Canarsie
10-10-2011, 07:49 AM

That's why they have DVR's. Actually now you can roll back and review a spectacular play or missed assignment instead of seeing it in real time.

Having said that it doesn't bode well for the BC the casual fan will watch the football game.

I DVR all the NYRA shows on MSG+ never watch them first run.

rastajenk
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not a huge college football fan but if I was forced to choose one conference to be shown of my cable system it would be the SEC. They have come a long way from being a run dominating conference.You got ESPN, don't you? With all their various channels, and the CBS late afternoon slot, you can see about 9 or 10 SEC teams on any given Saturday; maybe more than that once they get all their non-conference nonsense out of the way. :p

strapper
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
1959 Tigers? Was that when Paul Dietzel was coaching the Bandits or whatever he called them. This is a great time this year, that's all I know. Geaux Tigers!

Wiley
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
My guess is they put that game on prime time at night, the start time is TBA for now.

ElKabong
10-11-2011, 01:00 AM
College football takes precedence over horse racing for any football fan. Always has, always will :)

Besides, I prefer cheap races

PhantomOnTour
10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Tyrann Mathieu and Spencer Ware, both starters, are suspended for the upcoming game vs Auburn for failing a drug test.
The suspensions may be longer than one game.

Mathieu is an All American for sure and Ware is a bruising RB...big losses.
Don't know what to do with this team. This season they were all set for a run at the title, which they're doing, but sooner or later this stuff is gonna get ya'....unacceptable.

Valuist
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
College football takes precedence over horse racing for any football fan. Always has, always will :)

Besides, I prefer cheap races

Not this football fan. OK, I'll take the NFL any day over a humdrum card of claimers, but for the Breeders Cup? No way. There isn't a day all year with better betting opportunities.

Dahoss2002
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Thank god for Xpressbet and the other ADW's. Just wager early.

ElKabong
10-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Tyrann Mathieu and Spencer Ware, both starters, are suspended for the upcoming game vs Auburn for failing a drug test.
The suspensions may be longer than one game.

Mathieu is an All American for sure and Ware is a bruising RB...big losses.
Don't know what to do with this team. This season they were all set for a run at the title, which they're doing, but sooner or later this stuff is gonna get ya'....unacceptable.

No offense, but from an outsider, LSU (and the SEC in general) is a freaking cesspool nowdays. This garbage seems to happen to SEC teams more often than any other conference nowdays. When I see Miles on tv I cringe.

To be upfront, TEXAS had a lot of kids get in trouble with the law the past few yrs, and it's one major reason why our program is in the shape it's in today. Good for Mack to kick the kids off that caused problems (he had a short leash on players after 2007 when we had some REAL problem kids).... Shame on Mack for not doing a better job of vetting recruits from the 06-08 classes. That '08 Sr class is almost non existent this year....and we're paying the price on the field

I hope the BadHatter stops the poison, now. It can ruin a program & I like LSU football (in past yrs)

newtothegame
10-22-2011, 05:01 AM
No offense, but from an outsider, LSU (and the SEC in general) is a freaking cesspool nowdays. This garbage seems to happen to SEC teams more often than any other conference nowdays. When I see Miles on tv I cringe.

To be upfront, TEXAS had a lot of kids get in trouble with the law the past few yrs, and it's one major reason why our program is in the shape it's in today. Good for Mack to kick the kids off that caused problems (he had a short leash on players after 2007 when we had some REAL problem kids).... Shame on Mack for not doing a better job of vetting recruits from the 06-08 classes. That '08 Sr class is almost non existent this year....and we're paying the price on the field

I hope the BadHatter stops the poison, now. It can ruin a program & I like LSU football (in past yrs)

You're right Elk...even here at home (tiger country), people are getting tired of the "problems" and the negative notariety it brings. In the case of these three young men, although I do NOT condone, it happens. Synthetic Marijuana....freaking synthetic marijuana WTF lol. If you're gonna smoke, at least get some real sh!t!!!
But, back to the point ....some people are starting to question does Les have the reigns on this team or what? As Phantom pointed out, these are the things that can easily cost a championship, and later on during recruiting!

cj's dad
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
The problem with DI football at the highest level is that many of the players
come from the iner city and single parent homes with a modest income. Lack of discipline and the sudden exposure to the limelight (boosters) have serious negative effects. Many simply cannot handle the fame and fortune.

ElKabong
10-23-2011, 03:20 AM
You're right Elk...even here at home (tiger country), people are getting tired of the "problems" and the negative notariety it brings. In the case of these three young men, although I do NOT condone, it happens. Synthetic Marijuana....freaking synthetic marijuana WTF lol. If you're gonna smoke, at least get some real sh!t!!!
But, back to the point ....some people are starting to question does Les have the reigns on this team or what? As Phantom pointed out, these are the things that can easily cost a championship, and later on during recruiting!

NTG,

I didn't know the "drug" they tested for was pot - synthetic or not. I'm with you, this is small potatoes. To kick kids off for smoking pot is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully it's a one game suspension which w/b fair imo

The kind of stuff I was referring to was what Jefferson and the LB did....criminal stuff, gangsta stuff, roid-head stuff....violent crime. What the latest "problems" were aren't violent in nature so I don't think this is a big deal.

When I was that age, I smoked pot and drove while intoxicated by the law's eyes, although I never drove while truly drunk....but if i had a breathalizer test at age 20-22 i'm sure i'd have been found over the limit.....So those particular "offenses" i tend to be less concerned.....it's kids being kids. It's the violent crimes I read about that bother and concern me (and that DOES include being VERY drunk while behind the wheel)....even moreso is to see coaches at the HS and college level cover those acts up and it has gone on for decades.

Dahoss2002
10-23-2011, 04:10 AM
NTG,

The kind of stuff I was referring to was what Jefferson and the LB did....criminal stuff, gangsta stuff, roid-head stuff....violent crime. What the latest "problems" were aren't violent in nature so I don't think this is a big deal.

In all fairness to Jefferson, he lost his starting job and was suspended 4 games. Sure, curfew shouldnt have been broken and the players should not have been there. He was suspended because of felony charges of 2nd degree battery. These were dropped when the grand jury reviewed the evidence and saw a "barfight" not a felony. The "victim" had been kicked outta the bar prior to the fight. His ex gf had a restraining order on him and he went to the bar and allegedly hit one of her friends before he was thrown out. He wasnt an innocent bystander that Jefferson took advantage of for sure. Yes Jefferson did wrong and he paid a dear price for his actions. We kick the ones out that need to go. Ask Ryan Perriloux who was released from the Giants this week. Talk about letting the money fly out the window.

ElKabong
10-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Please....Perriloux had a dozen chances at LSU. When he was expendable, was when Bad Hatter let him go.

Perriloux was a punk. I'm glad he went back on his word and didn't go to UT. The damage was done tho, he had recruited kids in that 2006 class that DID come to UT....Lot of them were kicked off for the same shit he did at LSU (outside the law "activities").

Jefferson= kicked a guy that was lying on the ground. Now he's playing for LSU and Les Miles....why am i not shocked??

Never thought I'd pull for Alabama to beat LSU, but that'll be the case.

http://www.wafb.com/story/15298009/police-investigate-whether-lsu-football-players-involved-in-fight

That's when they say a Marine who had just returned from training ran to assist the driver and was beaten and thrown to the ground. Multiple people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson then kicked the Marine in the head.

One young man who gave those same details to WAFB 9NEWS also told the same details to Baton Rouge Police.

Dahoss2002
10-24-2011, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE=ElKabong]Please....Perriloux had a dozen chances at LSU. When he was expendable, was when Bad Hatter let him go.
QUOTE]
Expendable?? Please........He was let go before the 2008 season where he would have been the starter for sure after Flynn had graduated. We didnt have any experienced qbs. I take that back, Andrew Hatch, a Harvard transfer started that year so I guess he had experience but we had o throw freshman Jarret Lee to the wolves way too soon. And the marine who ran to assist was the same guy who had been kicked outta the bar a half hour earlier . I know, he was just waiting around to assist people.

Dahoss2002
10-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Perriloux was a punk. I'm glad he went back on his word and didn't go to UT. The damage was done tho, he had recruited kids in that 2006 class that DID come to UT....Lot of them were kicked off for the same shit he did at LSU (outside the law "activities").

]
I agree with this 100%. He didnt go to UT because he knew Vince Young was firmly entrenched. He actually thought he was gonna come in here and start right away over Jamarcus Russel and backup Matt Flynn. He cost us
twice too cuz we needed him in 08 when he got booted and he scared some decent qb recruits off in 06 and 07 that knew he was the next starter.

ElKabong
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=ElKabong]Please....Perriloux had a dozen chances at LSU. When he was expendable, was when Bad Hatter let him go.
QUOTE]
And the marine who ran to assist was the same guy who had been kicked outta the bar a half hour earlier . I know, he was just waiting around to assist people.

Yes, thank goodness there were multiple LSU football players to beat and kick the Marine while he was on the ground. Jefferson is a Louisiana hero for his heroic efforts, thus he's back on the team.....

PhantomOnTour
10-25-2011, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=Dahoss2002]

Yes, thank goodness there were multiple LSU football players to beat and kick the Marine while he was on the ground. Jefferson is a Louisiana hero for his heroic efforts, thus he's back on the team.....
You should do some research on said Marine and what type of character he is instead of just throwing his military title around like it automatically makes him some lovable innocent patriot.

I saw an article/newscast from Kxan (Austin TV station?) dated Jan 15, 2010 detailing how five UT football players were jailed/arrested during the season, but it's an improvement over the six that went to jail the previous season.
I suppose all has been cleaned up in your neck of the woods over the past nine months?

Dahoss2002
10-25-2011, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE=ElKabong]
You should do some research on said Marine and what type of character he is instead of just throwing his military title around like it automatically makes him some lovable innocent patriot.

I saw an article/newscast from Kxan (Austin TV station?) dated Jan 15, 2010 detailing how five UT football players were jailed/arrested during the season, but it's an improvement over the six that went to jail the previous season.
I suppose all has been cleaned up in your neck of the woods over the past nine months?
Definitely research your marine EK. There are always two sides to the story and the press always slants it the way they want it. None of us were there. All I know for sure is the grand jury chose to reduce the charges after reviewing all the evidence. It is funny that someone actually thinks UT runs a cleaner program than LSU or other "cesspool" SEC schools. At any rate, Phantom, "GEAUX TIGERS!!!!"

ElKabong
10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
POT, Dahoss,

#1, Was the kid that Jefferson kicked, while on the ground, a Marine? Is that not correct? Or is it a fact? I didn't put a halo on him, I quoted the article.

#2, I knew your football players would get a free pass on Gangsta bullshit. It was expected. Win at all costs with that piece of shit in the bayou nowdays called LSU football....

#3, Mack was told to get tough on the gangsta bullshit, or hit the door (Muschamp's "coach in waiting" title was the red flag for him). We now have a zero tolerance on violent type of crimes....How about Bad Hat Leslie? Oh wait....

You're the 1980s 0u of the 2010's. Not many respect you. It's the noose around your neck everytime Jefferson is on the field. Kicking someone on the ground, and what gave Jefferson that right???

Oh yeah, he plays for LSU.....I forgot :rolleyes:

newtothegame
10-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Well for whatever it's worth, I do not like the idea that jefferson is back on the team. Yes, I know the charges were diminished by the grand jury. But it does NOT change the fact that LSU is starting to become known for negative things happening.
I believe that LSU has to have a HIGHER standard for its programs versus what the law may actually say. Does it mean that maybe we win one or two less championships because we dont have a star player (who may be a thug)....if so, then so be it.
The parents, sent these kids to a supposed place of higher learning. Allowing them to get into bar fights, write bad checks, etc etc , then giving them a one game suspension only sends ONE message...that it's OK!
Yes, I know Perriloux was ultimately kicked off the team, but that was after MULTIPLE infractions.
I would much rather have a clean run program. With the talent pool available, you can not tell me that we need to allow kids and coaches to break rules to be successful.
As to UT's problems, as far as i am concerned, that's UT! I would hope that we are not going to justify our situation based on another schools situation. "Well they did it so we are not as bad as them"..... That just sounds so ridiculous!
I hope I need not remind anyone of the once great Miami hurricanes.....
If things don't change, I could see the price of chamionships leading us down that road!

Dahoss2002
10-26-2011, 02:22 AM
EK, here's another quote: "However, two Shady's Bar employees told the Associated Press their versions of the fight, which differ from the police report.

Shady's Bar general manager John Peak and door manager Jordan Neldare said they saw Lowery throw the first punch in the brawl.

"That's one thing we do know," Peak told the AP.

Both bar employees also told the AP that Lowery was asked to leave the bar at 1:30 a.m. after he appeared to be harassing a woman. Contrary to the incident report, Neldare said Lowery was already involved in the fight before the truck pulled up, minutes after Lowery left the bar."

As far as the marine helping someone, that was him and his friends story as they are the ones who made the police report. Like i said already, we weren't there and can only go on the reports. You think it was assault and battery, I think it was a barfight. I never said Jefferson was innocent but I think he got fair punishment for what the investigation turned up. 4 games and lost his starting job. Believe what you want man.

Dahoss2002
10-26-2011, 02:42 AM
And here ya go EK, I see Mac only gives 3 game suspensions to thugass longhorns.........."The injury further hurts Texas’ depth in the secondary as the No. 11 Longhorns (4-0) prepare to play No. 3 Oklahoma (4-0) on Saturday. Another safety, Nolan Brewster, recently gave up football because of concussions and migraine headaches.

Scott missed the first three games due to suspension after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor assault charge."

I thought yall had a zero tolerance policy?? Just sayin.

ElKabong
10-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Scott didn't return for a good while... Brewster, son of former UMinn head coach Tim, to be honest I'm unaware of what he was arrested for.

I can tell you this....Mack has kicked a lot of kids off the program for violations that go beyond tossing someone out of his car for trying to drive off with it. Which was the case with Scott. Scott had a prior history of thugass before this incident, which wasn't violent in nature...someone tried to take his car, he dealt with it.....and paid a price for it

Again, Mack had to kick kids off the program to regain control, whether it be for respect in and outside our program, or to simply let the players know who runs the zoo.

Right now bad hat Leslie is struggling with the same dilemma Mack was. A team on the brink of being out of control, ala tOSU.....Better to get a handle on it now, or you pay later.

What NTG posted above is EXACTLY the way alums and boosters of UT reacted....we don't care how Florida, LSU or whoever deals with violent rages by athletes on schollies paid for by the state. "We're TEXAS" isn't something we want to see tarninshed by thugs...NTG's post sums up what a good fan base demands....if the bar is lowered to "hey look what Enormous State did 5 year ago in the same circumstance" doesn't cut it. There's more to college football than wins and losses

PhantomOnTour
10-27-2011, 12:54 AM
No one is using past thug behavior by other teams to justify the bad behavior on LSU...i think we question a guy like you Kabong (a huge UT guy) calling LSU out for stuff your program was guilty of in the VERY near past...as if it's all peaches n cream at UT with altar boys on the team and this stuff would never ever happen at UT...uhhh, again, that is.

That, and calling our program shit and our head coach all kinds of names is really a bit overboard imo. You didn't research the incident at Shady's fully before you posted, and you're coming off as some holier than thou Boxcar wanna be.
I'm not excusing what these LSU guys did...heck i started this thread titled "Bad Situation at LSU"...i was the first to post about the suspensions for the Auburn game also.

Give it a rest man.

Dahoss2002
10-27-2011, 02:45 AM
No one is using past thug behavior by other teams to justify the bad behavior on LSU...i think we question a guy like you Kabong (a huge UT guy) calling LSU out for stuff your program was guilty of in the VERY near past...as if it's all peaches n cream at UT with altar boys on the team and this stuff would never ever happen at UT...uhhh, again, that is.

That, and calling our program shit and our head coach all kinds of names is really a bit overboard imo. You didn't research the incident at Shady's fully before you posted, and you're coming off as some holier than thou Boxcar wanna be.
I'm not excusing what these LSU guys did...heck i started this thread titled "Bad Situation at LSU"...i was the first to post about the suspensions for the Auburn game also.

Give it a rest man.
+100 :ThmbUp: I don't like the criminal activity either but I love our team and coach. Geaux Tigers!!!!

Dahoss2002
10-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Scott didn't return for a good while... Brewster, son of former UMinn head coach Tim, to be honest I'm unaware of what he was arrested for.

I can tell you this....Mack has kicked a lot of kids off the program for violations that go beyond tossing someone out of his car for trying to drive off with it. Which was the case with Scott. Scott had a prior history of thugass before this incident, which wasn't violent in nature...someone tried to take his car, he dealt with it.....and paid a price for it

Again, Mack had to kick kids off the program to regain control, whether it be for respect in and outside our program, or to simply let the players know who runs the zoo.

Right now bad hat Leslie is struggling with the same dilemma Mack was. A team on the brink of being out of control, ala tOSU.....Better to get a handle on it now, or you pay later.

What NTG posted above is EXACTLY the way alums and boosters of UT reacted....we don't care how Florida, LSU or whoever deals with violent rages by athletes on schollies paid for by the state. "We're TEXAS" isn't something we want to see tarninshed by thugs...NTG's post sums up what a good fan base demands....if the bar is lowered to "hey look what Enormous State did 5 year ago in the same circumstance" doesn't cut it. There's more to college football than wins and losses
EK, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Phantom summarized my feelings so I will quit. Good luck to your longhorns, but here is one stat from todays paper for our coach," Notes: The LSU football program's graduation rate is second only to Vanderbilt in the SEC, according to a recent study by the NCAA. The Tigers have a 77 percent graduation rate to the Commodores' 86 percent. "» I know yall dont care about stuff like that at UT. GEAUX TIGERS!!!! LES MILES ROCKS!!

ElKabong
10-29-2011, 01:25 AM

You didn't read my posts then. I criticized the staff for letting things get out of hand. You read into my posts what you wanted.

LSU has become a piece of shit program now. Miles has made the choice, not you or me. If you wish to cheer on punks and hoods, then wear it proudly....Your QB kicked a kid while he was beaten and on the ground. I can't think of a program right now that WOULD allow a kid like that back on the team....except LSU.

Win at all costs, baybee. Your heros are gangstas. Wear it well. If that's what Bad Hat Leslie and the fanbase wants in order to "Just win", then that's you.

PhantomOnTour
10-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Preach it Boxcar Junior! Can we just shorten it to BJ? maybe T-Box?

Look within for the source of your anger, cuz it ain't the LSU Tigers that got you so upset (if it is then you take football WAY too seriously)...good luck with that, and....
1) you are now on ignore
2) bec mon chu

ElKabong
10-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Anger? No anger here, I'm just telling you like it is. Straight faced, calm tone. Miles is playing a kid that did something that would get him kicked off almost every program in the nation. That categorically puts LSU in the Piece of Shit camp.

Which you are ok with, only you don't like to wear the tag. Sorry, but the tag comes along with the deed.

Good thing you're on Ignore (a word shortened for another, which is perfectly descriptive). You and dahoss don't seem to be able to recieive the message, nor able to gauge the delivery.

Huey Long would be proud of this coach of yours. Stand up....

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2011, 11:22 AM
The coverage of the LSU-Bama game has gone beyond the ridiculous.
Good Lord, ESPN spent all week on both campuses just interviewing the hell out of everyone they could find...Erin Andrews even went for a spin with Les Miles in his car...huh? :confused:
It's almost Super Bowl like with the daily boring angles and insight into the game....whaaaaaaaaatever. Two weeks of waiting is awful.
Just play the game!

Canarsie
11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
The coverage of the LSU-Bama game has gone beyond the ridiculous.
Good Lord, ESPN spent all week on both campuses just interviewing the hell out of everyone they could find...Erin Andrews even went for a spin with Les Miles in his car...huh? :confused:
It's almost Super Bowl like with the daily boring angles and insight into the game....whaaaaaaaaatever. Two weeks of waiting is awful.
Just play the game!

It's not either teams fault that they are both undefeated and had a bye the same week. It just worked out that way last year it wouldn't have been such a big deal with Bama losing to South Carolina before the game.

What do expect ESPN to do people want to know every little facet of both teams these days. Would you rather hear about the game or soccer match in Europe?

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
It's not either teams fault that they are both undefeated and had a bye the same week. It just worked out that way last year it wouldn't have been such a big deal with Bama losing to South Carolina before the game.

What do expect ESPN to do people want to know every little facet of both teams these days. Would you rather hear about the game or soccer match in Europe?
Pardon the analogy, but it's like reality TV...if that's all there is then sure the people will like it.
If all you do is cover something to death then folks won't be happy unless things are "over-covered".
Their NFL Countdown recently expanded to 3hrs right?
Yes, i would rather hear about a Euro soccer match than some mundane big game coverage crap story...anyday of the week.
How bout previewing the Breeders Cup!!?? They are showing a lot of it on ESPN right?

Canarsie
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Pardon the analogy, but it's like reality TV...if that's all there is then sure the people will like it.
If all you do is cover something to death then folks won't be happy unless things are "over-covered".
Their NFL Countdown recently expanded to 3hrs right?
Yes, i would rather hear about a Euro soccer match than some mundane big game coverage crap story...anyday of the week.
How bout previewing the Breeders Cup!!?? They are showing a lot of it on ESPN right?

First I'm giving their side I don't necessarily agree with it. I never watch "reality" tv but I am in the MINORITY because so many do.

They expanded all NFL coverage because it makes the most money aren't they entitled to do that? It's all about the ratings. If your an opponent of "free" markets then you are entitled to bitch all you want.

As far as the Breeders Cup goes you have proved my point. Nobody outside "enthusiasts" care why should they spend money on something that will not be a revenue strength. How many racing enthusiasts are there in this country compared to football?

How many hours is College Football Today? I don't watch it at all but see the promotions that it's on ESPNU then ESPN. Why would they ever want to do that? The same reason you bet on a horse to win. MONEY!!!

The bottom line is you can choose what I do and that's not watch. All I'm interested in is the game but then again I'm 59 and not their target: market.

In all seriousness instead of bitching on here where they don't see it write them a letter. There's a 50-50 chance you will get a reply even if it's in stock form. Raybo wrote a letter and the guy took out time to respond.

Hey I want to see the game too but the almighty dollars comes before what you and I both want.

Canarsie
11-04-2011, 06:26 PM
You think the UAB minds that it was two weeks?

Sellers seeking big money for Alabama-LSU tickets

StubHub says this is the highest demand it has ever had for an Alabama home game.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/sellers_seeking_big_money_for.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post?id=51839

PhantomOnTour
11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
My apologies Canarsie...i didn't mean to jump your post like that.
Been a stressful week...BrCup...this Bama thing...Steelers vs Ravens.

Living 45mins from Baton Rouge it's hard to duck the game talk.
Folks are freakin out around here.

Canarsie
11-04-2011, 08:36 PM
My apologies Canarsie...i didn't mean to jump your post like that.
Been a stressful week...BrCup...this Bama thing...Steelers vs Ravens.

Living 45mins from Baton Rouge it's hard to duck the game talk.
Folks are freakin out around here.

No apologies needed I love a good argument as long as it doesn't resort to name calling.

But if you really feel bad you can mail me five pounds of crawfish. :lol: