PDA

View Full Version : A Little Political Humor

dartman51
08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
A woman who had been married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.

"Of course, madam," replied the sales clerk, "exactly what type and color dress are you looking for?"

The bride to be said: "A long frilly white dress with a veil."

The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time - for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean? Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?"

"Well," replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's directness, "I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as any first-time bride. You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our hotel."

"My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again."

"What about your third husband?" asked the sales clerk.

"That one was a Democrat," said the woman, "and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened." :D

Robert Goren
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
That is one of my all time favorite political jokes. It been around at least since FDR and probably long before that. It was very popular among democrats during Reagan's second term with the third husband being a republican. I have also heard it told with the third husband being a communist, a Frenchman and a financial adviser(my favorite verison).

PhantomOnTour
08-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Not a bad joke though

HUSKER55
08-24-2011, 11:06 AM
THAT WSS FUNNY:D

LottaKash
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
That "3rd husband"....Could that have been "slick willie" ?....Well, he was a democrat...:D

best,

Actor
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Why don't we just make #3 a handicapper.

Dave Schwartz
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks!

I have been looking for a copy of this joke for years!

RaceBookJoe
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
President Obama just asked 3 former presidents for advice on how to help the United States . George Washington told him " Always tell the truth, just like I did " . Thomas Jefferson told him " Love the Constitution, just like I did " Abe Lincoln told him " Go see a play " :) rbj

TJDave
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
President Obama walks into a Bank of America Branch to cash a check. As he approaches the cashier he says "Good morning Ma'am, could you please cash this check for me"?

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID"?

Obama: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the president of the United States of America!!!!"

Cashier: "Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the new regulations, monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers, etc I must insist on seeing ID"

Obama: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am"

Cashier: "I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Obama: "I am urging you please to cash this check"

Cashier: "Look Mr.. President this is what we can do: One day Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot whereas the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his check. So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you ?"

Obama stood there thinking, and thinking and finally says: "Honestly, there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing."

"Will that be large or small bills?"

newtothegame
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
President Obama walks into a Bank of America Branch to cash a check. As he approaches the cashier he says "Good morning Ma'am, could you please cash this check for me"?

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID"?

Obama: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am President Barack Obama, the president of the United States of America!!!!"

Cashier: "Yes sir, I know who you are, but with all the new regulations, monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers, etc I must insist on seeing ID"

Obama: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am"

Cashier: "I am sorry Mr. President but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Obama: "I am urging you please to cash this check"

Cashier: "Look Mr.. President this is what we can do: One day Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his check. Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot whereas the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his check. So, Mr. President, what can you do to prove that it is you ?"

Obama stood there thinking, and thinking and finally says: "Honestly, there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing."

"Will that be large or small bills?"

Love it !!!

Mike at A+
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Not "political" but I couldn't find a plain vanilla "Humor" topic and didn't want to start a new thread for a joke that my cousin just sent me. So, here it is:

Four guys have been going to the same fishing trip for many years.
Two days before the group is to leave, Ron's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Ron's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to the camping site only to find Ron sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.

"Shit Ron, how long you been here, and how did you talk your missus into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday evening. I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, "Guess who?" I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new see through nightie. She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom.
The room had candles and rose petals all over. On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, and I did.

And then she said, "Do whatever you want."

So, Here I am. You guys want a beer?

DJofSD
08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
:lol:

I don't think Dr. Laura could repair that goof.