PDA

View Full Version : World Trotting Derby?

Hanover1
08-23-2011, 10:11 PM
As many of you know, they actually failed to pay out the purse for last years Trotting Derby, some 500k+. I do know a portion was paid after some time, and am unclear as the the balance as I didn't start one myself.
Since slots have been approved, and final details seem to favor including horsemen in the mix (yet again sadly), are they gonna go this year? I know its the fair fund and such, but it would be bad deal to miss out on a great race. That particular surface is one of my (and many other horsemen) favorite surfaces on the curcuit for speed and ease of geting over. Ranks right behind Red Mile, the old Syracuse fair track, and Springfield for producing World Records while easy on the horse. Nice field would show. Any word? To lazy to ask around, or I always forget to ask...lol

Hanover1
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I need to get out more. No sooner do I post, and phone rings and buddy tells me they lost the race last year and looks grim for the future, unless boys get together and bring it back, wich I understand, is going to be discussed early next year. Cross the fingers folks.