PDA

View Full Version : A Marxist Perstpective

hcap
08-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Although all practical examples of Marxism have failed outright or have been forced to adopt aspects of the free market, economic analysis from a Marxist point of view has value.

Capitalism ain't all it's cracked up to be either.
Structural systematic failures of Capitalism exist and here is an interesting alternative view

qOP2V_np2c0

skate
08-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Not bad, Hiccups

comes down to "Change or Mode of THINKING", fine, but how do we go about that.?

Many points here,rather easy to follow for a change.

Our most resent slid did not follow Keynes, as He taught.

"Wage Repression" to me this is the Biggest most concise point to be made, but i think he is off the point.

Wage Repression is/was brought about thru supply /demand. So i would blame those responsible for IMMIGRATION, legal or not, we cant handle more immigration, yes , the need was there, but not now...simple.

Profits in Manufacturing are Higher , but that is not what was said.

good pastiche here, thanks.:cool:

hcap
08-21-2011, 06:07 PM
The shift from manufacturing to financial institutions is probably the biggest problem. Now a structural problem tied in with Globalization and it's race to the bottom hunting for the cheapest worldwide labor supply

Producing wealth is much more important than financial manipulations of that wealth.

I am not a Marxist but I think the types of financial games and abuses we have seen recently by the "too big to fail" guys is why Marxism was able to ingrain itself in popular opinion back at the beginnings of the 20th century

No one is happy with parasites.

Tom
08-21-2011, 06:18 PM
So what is the list of successful marxist nations today, hcap?
Where are they?
Who are they?

Dick Schmidt
08-21-2011, 06:47 PM
So what is the list of successful Marxist nations today, hcap?
Where are they?
Who are they?

Tom, before you go off half-cocked, read the very first sentence of the very first post in this thread. An intelligent man considers all ideas on their merit, not on how uncomfortable they make him or from what source they come. Marx was one of the most influential thinkers of the past 500 years and though many of his ideas proved to be Utopian, they cannot be dismissed out of hand. There are still a couple of billion Marxists in the world and they are not all self deluded. Capitalism seems to work better, but it too has its flaws, including a reliance on the free market to be self regulating. No economic system is free from the desire of people to acquire goods at the expense of others.

A little thought about other ideas would do us all a world of good.

Dick

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

hcap
08-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I said in my first post Marxism is a failure.
Give me a break. I know you think I am a commie,
but worshiping at the altar of Capitalism is almost as bad

I will repeat what I already have said:

There are structural problems that have been highlighted recently, and Marxism gained popularity mostly because of those abuses in capitalism at turn of the last century. Parasites are parasites whether they are the Commissars or the "too big to fail" boys.

All your moaning about anchors is tiny tiny small potatoes compared to the real blood sucking parasites that manipulated trillions with non wealth producing financial instruments.

Now don't get me wrong. Banks and other lending institutions do provide a needed service. But I don't think what has occurred on wall street recently was one of them.

Tom
08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
I think the lack of successful marxist nations tells me all I need to know about it, Like hcap's rants about the great health care system in Cuba.

Capitalism did not fail us, our government did. Both sides.
But mostly the dems.

hcap
08-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I think the lack of successful marxist nations tells me all I need to know about it, Like hcap's rants about the great health care system in Cuba.

Capitalism did not fail us, our government did. Both sides.
But mostly the dems.i posted about the health care systems of all other western industialized countries spending in many case 1/2 what we spend per capita with as good or better outcomes.

Sorry Tom, capitalism-mostly globalization-is turning us from a industrial power house into a low wage service economy where "you do my laundry and I will do yours" One in which the financial sector is replacing the manufacturing sector.