PDA

View Full Version : The Libs speak.....

Tom
08-20-2011, 03:42 PM
So far, we have had nothing but bashing of every republican and TP candidate by the resident lefties.

Knowing how most libs prefer to wait for others to do their work for them, I will step up and start a thread for them to post thier reasons why we should vote FOR Obama instead of why the other side is no good.
Remember the last election, the only reason to vote for OBama they could muster was ABB.

Now, with about three years under his belt, they must be bursting to wax eloquently about all of his accomplishemnts, how the economy is better, how the world respects us more...you know, all the GREAT things he has done for us all.

Have at it.........

NJ Stinks
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm going to vote for Obama because (in no particular order):

1. He believes in global warming. So do I.
2. He believes the rich need to pay more in taxes. So do I.
3. He is not overly religious so religion is little or no factor in the way he governs. I like that in my president.
4. He is not anti-gay. Neither am I.
5. He believes we need a one payor health system to cut medical costs. So do I.
6. He still wants the government to spend money to stimulate the economy. So do I.
7. FOX/Murdoch don't like Obama at all. That makes me like Obama even more.
8. He treats world leaders with respect for the most part. I appreciate that.
9. He hasn't forgotten his roots. I like that in a person.
10. He is pro union. At a time when employee benefits/rights are on the verge of becoming a memory, the working man needs someone like Obama in the White House more than ever.
10. He kept his eye on the ball and focused on getting Bin Laden. Bin Laden is no longer alive.

Now if he would just get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan; get the prisoners in Guantanamo their day in court; learn how to negotiate with Republicans in Congress without giving away too much too early; and invest in re-building our infrastructure (new jobs), I'd be even happier to vote for him in 2012.

But vote for him I will for the reasons mentioned above.

Tom
08-20-2011, 06:08 PM
You curiously did not list many accomplishments.
OK, Bin Laden, but other than that, which was clearly the SEALS, not him, the next closed thing to it was he bows to foreigners.

That the best you can come up with?
That list is like looking at breeding on a 12 year old.

What did those beliefs you share get you in deliverables?

NJ Stinks
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
It's hard to accomplish anything of substance when Republicans and blue dog Democrats oppose just about everything I listed above.

ArlJim78
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I would like to know if the libs are confident that the country can survive four more years of Obama?

boxcar
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
It's hard to accomplish anything of substance when Republicans and blue dog Democrats oppose just about everything I listed above.

How soon you have forgotten that the President owned both houses of congress the first two years of his presidency.

Boxcar
P.S. I'm surprised you didn't list ObaminationCare as his signature accomplishment. Your loyalty is slipping.

RaceBookJoe
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/04/satirical-mints-poking-fun-at-president-obama-yanked-from-tennessee-bookstore/

Would make a great political poster..i actually have a container of these. rbj

Spiderman
08-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm going to vote for Obama because (in no particular order):

2. He believes the rich need to pay more in taxes. So do I.
3. He is not overly religious so religion is little or no factor in the way he governs. I like that in my president.
4. He is not anti-gay. Neither am I.
5. He believes we need a one payor health system to cut medical costs. So do I.
6. He still wants the government to spend money to stimulate the economy. So do I.
7. FOX/Murdoch don't like Obama at all. That makes me like Obama even more.
8. He treats world leaders with respect for the most part. I appreciate that.
10. He is pro union. At a time when employee benefits/rights are on the verge of becoming a memory, the working man needs someone like Obama in the White House more than ever.
10. He kept his eye on the ball and focused on getting Bin Laden. Bin Laden is no longer alive.

Now if he would just get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan; get the prisoners in Guantanamo their day in court; learn how to negotiate with Republicans in Congress without giving away too much too early; and invest in re-building our infrastructure (new jobs), I'd be even happier to vote for him in 2012.

But vote for him I will for the reasons mentioned above.

Categorically agree with all of Stinky's post. Not really enthused about BO's understanding of economic issues and his blah blame something/someone else speeches. Definitive plan of action is necessary. Repugs are not interested in bettering economy, only to win more elections.

hcap
08-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Too many to list

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/

Promise Kept rulings on the The Obameter...

Tom
08-20-2011, 08:17 PM
hcap gets it so far.

Now, how many of those have made any positive difference?

NJ Stinks
08-20-2011, 09:01 PM
So far, we have had nothing but bashing of every republican and TP candidate by the resident lefties.

Knowing how most libs prefer to wait for others to do their work for them, I will step up and start a thread for them to post thier reasons why we should vote FOR Obama instead of why the other side is no good.

I posted my reasons. Just in case you still don't get it.

Mike at A+
08-20-2011, 09:28 PM
All I see is:

He believes
He is
He is not
He wants
He hasn't
He treats

I'd much rather see in a president:

He did
He accomplished
He achieved

bigmack
08-20-2011, 09:33 PM
You believe in it because your nerdy peers believe in it. We all know you have NO evidence to prove it.
3. He is not overly religious so religion is little or no factor in the way he governs. I like that in my president. :lol:
4. He is not anti-gay. Neither am I. :lol:
6. He still wants the government to spend money to stimulate the economy. So do I. :lol:
7. FOX/Murdoch don't like Obama at all. That makes me like Obama even more. :lol: :lol:
8. He treats world leaders with respect for the most part. :bang:
http://www.sistaswithattitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/obama_aunt.jpg

boxcar
08-20-2011, 09:47 PM
All I see is:

He believes
He is
He is not
He wants
He hasn't
He treats

I'd much rather see in a president:

He did
He accomplished
He achieved

NJ's list goes to the heart of what El Rushbo has long maintained: With Libs, the only thing that really matters are the Intentions.

In a two-horse race, the pony Accomplishments comes in 2nd beaten by 42 lengths -- always. :D

Boxcar

Actor
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
I would like to know if the libs are confident that the country can survive four more years of Obama?
I don't think the country can survive another Republican president. The cons conveniently forget that it was the Bush administration that got us into this mess. And it took them eight years to do it, yet they expect Obama to undo it in four years, fighting a "hell, no" attitude from the Republicans every step of the way. And their "make Obama fail" strategy is not designed to do anything for the country but to protect the ill gotten gains of the wealthy who contributed to their campaigns. The Republicans are nothing more than puppets of the wealthy.

Actor
08-20-2011, 10:40 PM
How soon you have forgotten that the President owned both houses of congress the first two years of his presidency.

He did not own both houses of Congress. The stupid 60% rule in the Senate provided a convenient tool which the Republicans used to block any progress on anything that threatened their masters on Wall Street.

boxcar
08-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't think the country can survive another Republican president. The cons conveniently forget that it was the Bush administration that got us into this mess. And it took them eight years to do it, yet they expect Obama to undo it in four years, fighting a "hell, no" attitude from the Republicans every step of the way.

Kinda tripped over yourself in a contradiction, didn't you? In one breath, you tell us what cons "expected" BO to do in terms of the Bush damage, while in the next one, you tell us that the Republicans had a negative attitude toward BO from the git go. Make up your mind, already! Did Republicans want him to fail or expect him to succeed? :rolleyes:

Now, me personally I have always wanted him to fail because this way the country wins.

Boxcar

Actor
08-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Kinda tripped over yourself in a contradiction, didn't you? In one breath, you tell us what cons "expected" BO to do in terms of the Bush damage, while in the next one, you tell us that the Republicans had a negative attitude toward BO from the git go. Make up your mind, already! Did Republicans want him to fail or expect him to succeed? :rolleyes:

Now, me personally I have always wanted him to fail because this way the country wins.

Boxcar
There's no contradiction at all and you know it. However, to make you happy, I'll rephrase it. The Republicans know (or should know) that the problem cannot be fixed in four years, but they make statements that imply that it is reasonable to expect Obama to fix it in four years in the face of their opposition.

Tom
08-21-2011, 12:08 AM
So Actor, all you have to offer is the same old lame old....ABB? :lol:
Pretty much same old lame old from NJ.

Only hcap posted something of any substance.

Tom
08-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Maybe this guy has some good ideas.....WARNING! ADULT LANGUAGE!:lol:
tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=related

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think the country can survive another Republican president. The cons conveniently forget that it was the Bush administration that got us into this mess. And it took them eight years to do it, yet they expect Obama to undo it in four years, fighting a "hell, no" attitude from the Republicans every step of the way. And their "make Obama fail" strategy is not designed to do anything for the country but to protect the ill gotten gains of the wealthy who contributed to their campaigns. The Republicans are nothing more than puppets of the wealthy.
wow, what original thinking. I've only heard the exact same lines from the democratic party for oh, all my life. trouble is it all bears no resemblance to reality. especially the part about Republicans being puppets of the wealthy. :lol: only the gullible and myopic believe that.

given a lifetime Obama couldn't fix anything. I don't believe that you haven't noticed how much worse off things are now, and how all remedies have been total failures. we are indeed in trouble if we don't clear this guy from office and his healthcare plan, and his regulatory clamp down on the economy.

hcap
08-21-2011, 08:21 AM

The only *****nious Monk that matters
Felonious is just that

v/OMmeNsmQaFw?

Mike at A+
08-21-2011, 10:17 AM
The Republicans know (or should know) that the problem cannot be fixed in four years ...
The "problem" can be fixed in 10 minutes. All Obama needs to do is make ONE speech in which he gives his support for increased domestic drilling AND refining and supports significant tax incentives for businesses to start hiring. Newt Gingrich's plan (in DETAIL) on his website tells Obama EXACTLY what needs to be done to get America moving again.

The problem is that Obama DOES NOT WANT PROSPERITY! He wants an America where the lowest of the low are HANDED the same rewards that the hardest workers EARN. In otherwords, HIS BASE which includes stupid people, naive people, people who didn't take their education seriously and now find themselves lacking in marketable skills, people with no work ethic and people who suck off the government teat via generational welfare.

lamboguy
08-21-2011, 10:22 AM
unemployment is a listed 9% and probably alot more. everything that you need like food and gas, heat, health insurance, airlplane tickets, racing forms, bank fees and penalties are all up. corporate profits are way up, and i suspect that liberals aren't to happy about this. the conservetives all claim they don't like obama in public, but liberals all hate him, public or private. unless you are dead broke or extremely rich, obama is not the man for you. if you like being lied to, and broken promises, obama is your man. barak obama is everything george bush wanted to be and a whole lot more

DJofSD
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
So, here we are ladies and gentlemen, a brother finally puts his finger on it: it is always do as I say and never do as I do. The liberal mantra comes home to roost. How do you like them chickens?

mostpost
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
http://simplifythepositive.blogspot.com/2010/03/100-accomplishments-of-president-barack.html

1. Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKAKlurRAY

2. Provided funding to families of fallen soldiers (to) have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB:

3. Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB: (contingent on family approval)

4. Signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: (Not a perfect plan, but better than anything the Republicans had.)

5. Launched Recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, an unprecedented step to provide transparency and accountability through technology:

6. Launched a $15 billion plan to boost lending to small businesses: (Republicans always talk about helping small business. Why have I not seen them give any credit for this.)

7. Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America’s Veterans: (Support our troops-isn't that the Republican Mantra?)

8. Signed an Executive Order establishing the White House Office of Urban Affairs:

9. Launched Business.gov – enabling conversation and online collaboration between small business owners, government representatives and industry experts in discussion forums relevant to starting and managing a business: (more help for small business.)

10. Signed the Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act on February 4, 2009, which provides quality health care to 11 million kids – 4 million who were previously uninsured:

11. Issued an Executive Order repealing the Bush-Era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research: (from the age of ignorance to the age of reason)

12. . Eliminated federal funding for abstinence-only education which was significantly increased during the Bush Administration to $176 million annually:

13. Rescinded the Global Gag Rule: (this was the rule that denied funding to any overseas health clinic which provided abortion counseling)

So, there are a bakers dozen reasons why I will vote for Barack Obama.
There are 100 reasons listed in the link above. I did not include some of them because I thought they were more goals than accomplishments. There were many accomplishments which I did not list so this would not be an overly long post.

I know your OP asked why you should vote for him. That is an impossible question. Our views are so different. Maybe the answer is you should vote for Barack Obama because that would show us that you have rejected your foolish Conservative beliefs.

rastajenk
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
What kind of accomplishment is #8?

ElKabong
08-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Then you'll have no problem understanding that your list of prioirities isn't in line with the majority, or even the plurity of America.

Get in line with hcap and boxcar. (hugs and kisses, your pal elk)

ElKabong
08-21-2011, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=mostpost]http://simplifythepositive.blogspot.com/2010/03/100-accomplishments-of-president-barack.html

1. Unfortunately you cannot legislate fairness in pay. Dems are too stupid to figure this out. This legislation has only made HR depts document the slightest things on every worker to cover their ass....sad but true. The bill will be another piece of wasted legislation

2. mccain would likely have done this as well

3. Obama has it backwards, not surprisingly. The family s/b the ones making that decision. Not the govt

4. will be repealed. This is extremely costly to small or medium sized medical firms when the stimulus funds run out. This bill has LOBBYISTS printed all over it. I've contracted this for my company (we have to scan & DM all files) it's very costly to small businesses.

5. WORTHLESS legislation. What was the penalty for the "green" solar panel company that took their $timulu$ money and ran to China and layed off people here? (which should tell you about how shitty our business environmentis as well)

6. bush and mccain w/h done this as well

7. mccain would have done this as well

8. LMAO. Why does this not surprise?

9. I am in online discussion groups for my industry. We didn't need federal funding to set up websites, why does this need funding???

10. mccain would have done this also

11. i agree on this one

12. . Stupid thing to do. I'm not surprised Obama's finger prints are all over this stupid movement

13. Why are we sending so much $ overseas today anyway? Dumb.

mostpost
08-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Then you'll have no problem understanding that your list of prioirities isn't in line with the majority, or even the plurity of America.

Get in line with hcap and boxcar. (hugs and kisses, your pal elk)
1. Global Warming. March 2010 Gallup poll
already begun or will begin in a few years ....10%
Will begin in lifetime..................................53%
Never begin ............................................35%
You're wron on that one.

2. Rich pay more taxes.
April 2011 NY Times/CBS poll
Agree....................72%
Democrats.......83%
Independents....72%
Republicans......55%
Wrong again.

3. Religion in public life.
Pew research survey. (Is that appropriate or what?)
52% say religious leaders and churches should keep out of policy debates.
45% say they should express their opinion.
The most interesting thing is that since 2001 the percentage of Conservatives who think religion should be kept out of policy debates has decreased from 50% to 30%
You are wrong for a third time.

4. Support for gays
One you got right. Sort of.
Gay marriage is opposed (barely) 46% to 45%
but 58% think homosexuality should be accepted while 33% think it should be discouraged.

5. Single Payer.
Don't know. The latest polls I found were from 2009 and they were all over the map.

6 Union rights
2011 USA today poll;
61% opposed the Wisconsin laws 33% favored it.

You have to stop thinking that your cadre of PA friends are the whole country. You are just a tiny part.

boxcar
08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
He did not own both houses of Congress. The stupid 60% rule in the Senate provided a convenient tool which the Republicans used to block any progress on anything that threatened their masters on Wall Street.

You're wrong! He had the super majority of the senate until Brown took Kennedy's seat. That's when the Dems did the "end around" on ObaminationCare by making it part of the budget.

As I recall, Brown is another RINO who ran essentially on a single platform -- promising to vote against the health care bill. That's the only thing that really got him elected.

Moreover, there are numerous RINOs in the Senate -- any number of which would have tipped the scales in favor of the Dems because this is what RINO's do and who they are -- gutless, unprincipled establishment-type wonders who wouldn't want to be seen as obstructionists.

Boxcar

Actor
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Remember the last election, the only reason to vote for OBama they could muster was ABB.
Define ABB. I've found dozens of definitions on the web but none seem to fit the topic.

Tom
08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone but Bush.

Actor
08-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone but Bush.That doesn't make sense. Bush was constitutionally ineligible for the job so "anyone but Bush" was automatic.

Actor
08-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Get out your dictionary of the English language and look up the definition of the word "expect." Mine (Encarta Webster's College Dictionary, Second Edition, 2005) gives four definitions:

Confidently believe
Anticipate
To demand
Pregnant

Given that the English language is full of words with multiple meanings, it is not unreasonable to expect (Definition #1) that the reader can divine the intended definition from context. As you point out, definitions #1 and #2 make the statement contradictory. #4 is obviously not the intended meaning, ergo, the intended definition is #3, and the sentence makes perfect sense.

Why did I not use the word "demand" in the first place? Because...

I felt that "expect" was more appropriate because of nuance.
The word "expect" is commonly used with the third meaning. Parents tell their children that they expect their grades to improve. Landlords tell their tenants they expect the rent by the 10th of the month. In both cases the parent/landlord may expect (Definition #2) that their expectation (Definition #3) will not be met.
I choose my words with the expectation (Definition #1) that the reader is more interested in understanding my meaning than in scoring points. In this case my expectation (Definition #2) was not met.

ElKabong
08-22-2011, 12:39 AM
2. Rich pay more taxes.
April 2011 NY Times/CBS poll
Agree....................72%
Democrats.......83%
Independents....72%
Republicans......55%
Wrong again.

Define rich, please.

Here's how easy it is to manipulate a poll....I am in favor of taxing "the rich"more , but my definition is far higher than the 150k or 250k a yr I keep hearing from dems. So, my answer would be "yes I'm in favor, but no, I don't think Obama's plan is viable, nor fair"/......yet the poll would have me down as "in favor"....complete horse shit!

Besides, Obama and the dems had the power to "Raise taxes on the rich" the 2 yrs they had super majority. They didn't do it, and they don't intend to

lamboguy
08-22-2011, 01:16 AM
nobody is going to tax the very rich. those are the people that give the money to elect these lowlifes.

i never wanted obama to begin with, but i had hoped that he could have used his political capital to motivate the so called underprivilaged. instead he ignored them to play president. everything i hear about obama is utter disrespect for the people around him including the secret service that guards his life. he is the poorest example of anyone that i have ever seen that claims to be a leader. he has managed to raid and destroy the moral fiber of the people in this country that he is supposed to lead. the guy has zero class. if he did he would not run again or resign immediately.

boxcar
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Get out your dictionary of the English language and look up the definition of the word "expect." Mine (Encarta Webster's College Dictionary, Second Edition, 2005) gives four definitions:

Confidently believe
Anticipate
To demand
Pregnant

Given that the English language is full of words with multiple meanings, it is not unreasonable to expect (Definition #1) that the reader can divine the intended definition from context. As you point out, definitions #1 and #2 make the statement contradictory. #4 is obviously not the intended meaning, ergo, the intended definition is #3, and the sentence makes perfect sense.

Why did I not use the word "demand" in the first place? Because...

I felt that "expect" was more appropriate because of nuance.
The word "expect" is commonly used with the third meaning. Parents tell their children that they expect their grades to improve. Landlords tell their tenants they expect the rent by the 10th of the month. In both cases the parent/landlord may expect (Definition #2) that their expectation (Definition #3) will not be met.
I choose my words with the expectation (Definition #1) that the reader is more interested in understanding my meaning than in scoring points. In this case my expectation (Definition #2) was not met.

Mr. Acer, you can spin this anyway you want, but you still contradicted yourself. Suppose I'm a teacher and I tell a certain student that I "expect" him to Ace an upcoming test. Yet, I go out of my way to not only not help him -- to not provide him with any study tools or resources, but I also do everything in my power to obstruct his study and preparation for the test. I believe any reasonable, straight-thinking person would question my credibility by telling the student that I "expected" (demand of) him to ace the test. So, no matter what spin you want to put on the word "expect", my expressed sentiments (words) to the student to achieve a high degree of success would be contradicted by my negative attitude and obstructionist actions. The same would apply for this president. I certainly never "expected" BO to succeed in a good way for America, which is precisely why I wanted him to fail. BO's idea of "success" would be to bring as much "evil" upon this country as possible. Don't ever forget: His singular goal has always been to disfigure the face of America. From day one, he's been out to "fundamentally transform the face of America". This is what he has systematically been trying to do these last 2+ years.

Boxcar

HUSKER55
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
YOU ARE CORRECT!

BlueShoe
08-22-2011, 11:59 PM
There is no such thing as a Blue Dog Democrat. The last conservative Democrats became extinct in the 80's when the Southern Boll Weevils died off. There is no such thing as a moderate Democrat. The most conservative Democrat in Congress is far to the left of the most liberal RINO Republican in Congress.

boxcar
08-23-2011, 12:28 AM
There is no such thing as a Blue Dog Democrat. The last conservative Democrats became extinct in the 80's when the Southern Boll Weevils died off. There is no such thing as a moderate Democrat. The most conservative Democrat in Congress is far to the left of the most liberal RINO Republican in Congress.

I'm not sure I'd go that far with respect to RINOs. Some of them lean pretty far to the Left.

Boxcar

BlueShoe
08-23-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure I'd go that far with respect to RINOs. Some of them lean pretty far to the Left.

Boxcar
Trust me on this one. My source is the American Conservative Union, ACU, voting records ratings of Congress. In spite of what some say about there being little difference between the two parties, there most certainly is a huge ideological gulf. The Democratic Party has shifted farther and farther to the left in recent years, as most of us know. Spend some time on this site examining voting records and scores, quite enlightening as to how they vote, not how they talk.
www.conservative.org/congress-ratings/ (http://www.conservative.org/congress-ratings/)