PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Saddlecloth Colors

Ocala Mike
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Whose brilliant idea was it to have all the saddlecloths one color today? I'm watching the races from Toga without benefit of sound, and I can't tell one horse from the other.

I realize it's probably some worthwhile cause or other, but can't they have the jocks wear armbands or something?

Ocala Mike

cj
08-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Since it is pink I'd be pretty sure it is for breast cancer awareness.

BombsAway Bob
08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Whose brilliant idea was it to have all the saddlecloths one color today? I'm watching the races from Toga without benefit of sound, and I can't tell one horse from the other.

I realize it's probably some worthwhile cause or other, but can't they have the jocks wear armbands or something?

Ocala Mike

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Aug122011.shtml

Special event to shine spotlight on women’s role in thoroughbred racing while raising funds for breast cancer research

The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) will celebrate women and their contributions to the thoroughbred industry with a special day appropriately titled “Fabulous Fillies Day” on Friday, August 19 at Saratoga Race Course.

The day will feature a number of special events and activities designed to honor women of the thoroughbred industry while raising funds to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).

The first 25,000 fans through the admission gates will each receive a pink wristband, courtesy of BCRF. Saratoga Race Course will also feature a pink NYRA flag in flight overhead.

“Women are a central part of the summer racing season at Saratoga Race Course. We invite ladies to join us for a stylish and fun day at the track on Fabulous Fillies Day,” said NYRA Director of Community Relations Joanne K. Adams. “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of several extraordinary women while raising awareness and funds for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.”

The centerpiece of the day-long affair will be the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat

PhantomOnTour
08-19-2011, 01:52 PM
[url]http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Aug122011.shtml[/url

The centerpiece of the day-long affair will be the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat
I'm sure some of the PA guys are wearing one right now...pictures???

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Do you guys throw beer cans at the TV when MLB players are using pink bats and wearing pink wristbands on Mother's Day?

bigchump
08-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Do you guys throw beer cans at the TV when MLB players are using pink bats and wearing pink wristbands on Mother's Day?
Baseball is crooked. I'll stick with the horses.

duncan04
08-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Since it is pink I'd be pretty sure it is for breast cancer awareness.

What color would the saddle cloths be for prostate awareness day?

Sparky13
08-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Wasn't the NYRA the last race group to go to the color saddle cloths? I can remember just a few years ago that they went from all black saddle cloths. Today, I could undertand the "pink" for one day, just like baseball players and teams play with pink bats, gloves and wrist bands.

bigchump
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
What color would the saddle cloths be for prostate awareness day?
I think they should be blue for "blue balls", but that's just my opinion.

Robert Fischer
08-19-2011, 06:45 PM
chasing pink hats...

Striker
08-19-2011, 06:49 PM
I think they should be blue for "blue balls", but that's just my opinion.
They are blue. I went to a prostate awareness function after my grandfather passed away from it and the ribbons were blue.

Storm Cadet
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Too many drugs in baseball...I'll stay with the horses too.

Cardus
08-19-2011, 08:45 PM

I agree with your sentiment, PA.

There are a couple of neanderthals in this thread.

It's repulsive, really.

Grits
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
This thread, along with its chronic complaints, is useless.

BMustang
08-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd like to echo a post on the Steve Crist blog:

"Breast cancer awareness is certainly an admirable goal. But lets get it straight, all pink saddleclothes is STUPID!!! It is anti-horseplayer of all genders!!! Can we stop this silliness once and for all??"

I'm surprised they couldn't hear all of the dissatisfaction eminating from OTBs and Sports Books across the nation all of the way back to Saratoga Springs.

I have no problem with the horses in the feature race wearing the pink cloths for one event - but for the entire card. Again, STUPID!!!

sandpit
08-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Wasn't the NYRA the last race group to go to the color saddle cloths? I can remember just a few years ago that they went from all black saddle cloths. Today, I could undertand the "pink" for one day, just like baseball players and teams play with pink bats, gloves and wrist bands.

I think Oaklawn was a late adopter too.

PhantomOnTour
08-19-2011, 11:41 PM

"Breast cancer awareness is certainly an admirable goal. But lets get it straight, all pink saddleclothes is STUPID!!! It is anti-horseplayer of all genders!!! Can we stop this silliness once and for all??"

I'm surprised they couldn't hear all of the dissatisfaction eminating from OTBs and Sports Books across the nation all of the way back to Saratoga Springs.

I have no problem with the horses in the feature race wearing the pink cloths for one event - but for the entire card. Again, STUPID!!!
It was just for one day.
No sweat...
I bet the OTB's were mighty quiet during Sar stretch drives...no one knew where their horse was.

Dexter M
08-19-2011, 11:44 PM
if it is for a good cause, they can use whatever color saddlecloths they want everyday for all i care. its not that difficult to follow your horse by silks.

NTamm1215
08-20-2011, 12:04 AM

OTBs and sports books have audio for the races that could have been used to keep up with the races.

Horseplayers are undoubtedly one of the most disgruntled groups in the world but bitching about pink saddlecloths on a day for breast cancer awareness? That takes it to a new level.

salty
08-20-2011, 12:56 AM
I think pink silks would have been much better. I was there today and i was Totaly surprised. I can deffinetly say that I am Totaly AWARE of breast cancer. Now please don' t do that again. It was impossible to tell what horses were making late moves in the stretch. 3,6,8,9 were the worst to follow. Why don't the paint the rails pink next time?

duncan04
08-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Horseplayers are undoubtedly one of the most disgruntled groups in the world but bitching about pink saddlecloths on a day for breast cancer awareness? That takes it to a new level.

Couldn't agree more. You could keep up with your horse by the silk colors. It was one day!! Get over it

thespaah
08-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Just a damn minute....For what, over 100 years thoroughbred saddle cloths were always the same color? It has been only what 10 or 15 years that saddle cloths have been color coded?
Jesus Christ, relax people.

dansan
08-20-2011, 11:23 PM
maybe they should use pink ticket paper and ask everyone to donate when they have a winning ticket :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-20-2011, 11:59 PM

No, but the bats are not used to identify your bet. Pink saddle cloths was dumb idea. One race, ok, but every race - us uh. No, Nadda. They could have had pink hats, or pink pants, or something not used by people to follow the races. Someone had their head up there ass for sure. They could have honor their charity in a way that was not obstructive to the paying customers. That was pretty much the consensus at our table.
Bad move, and a few of us will be sending emails to that effect to NYRA.
29,000 people there Friday, and that particular charity was probably NOT the number one on everyone's list. Don't mess with the product when you do thing that are NOT part of your business.

Sorry to sound pissed off about it, but I was. Had I been home, I would have dropped Saratoga like a rock and played Woodbine. If this deal is on next year, I certainly will not plan on driving 4 hours only to not be able to follow the races. I cashed in early and never made a bet after the third race of so. It was the worst day I ever spent at Toga. I won't do it again.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 12:03 AM
if it is for a good cause, they can use whatever color saddlecloths they want everyday for all i care. its not that difficult to follow your horse by silks.

I've argued this in Internet Land before.

Certainly, every horseplayer should be able to follow his key horse by the jockey silks. I extend that thought to at least two or three horses in each race by jockey silks.

Add to that the amount of jockey silks that are readily familiar to all of us, and people should not have a problem with following multiple horses in every race solely by jockey silks.

I've never understood the carping about not being able to follow horses because of the sameness of saddlecloths.

Tom
08-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Guess what, if YOU have no problem following colors, good for YOU. Many people can't - the TV at the tent is not very good quality to begin with, many colors are similar, you have people standing in from of you.

You've ARGUED this before? What, that everyone should be happy with what YOU like? Have you argued that everyone should bet the same horse as you as well? :D

What a stupid thing to argue. You assume everyone should somehow know all the silks? I could not tell you a single stables silk color. Why the hell should I care? Do you know everyone's silks at every track? How many of the 29,000 on track and how many tens of thousand betting off track, many on small computer screens, know all those colors? Or, is it just you few "insiders" that matter?

MadWorld
08-21-2011, 12:20 AM
It was the worst day I ever spent at Toga. I won't do it again.

Because of Saddle Cloths?

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 12:34 AM
yeah why bother with the convenience of having easily recognizable consistent saddlecloth colors when you have the option of devoting your time to memorizing the myriad array of various jockey silks which are often so similar as to be indistinguishable at a distance of more than 50 feet unless you watch with binoculars. Being able to quickly identify any horse in the race is way over rated imo because most of us fix our eyes on one horse and do not take our eyes off of it until the race is over.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Guess what, if YOU have no problem following colors, good for YOU. Many people can't - the TV at the tent is not very good quality to begin with, many colors are similar, you have people standing in from of you.

You've ARGUED this before? What, that everyone should be happy with what YOU like? Have you argued that everyone should bet the same horse as you as well? :D

What a stupid thing to argue. You assume everyone should somehow know all the silks? I could not tell you a single stables silk color. Why the hell should I care? Do you know everyone's silks at every track? How many of the 29,000 on track and how many tens of thousand betting off track, many on small computer screens, know all those colors? Or, is it just you few "insiders" that matter?

What a moronic response.

First of all, should I have considered YOU when I used the verb "argued"? I meant it in the sense that I have offered this position previously. Yes, it was an opinion that I have advocated. (Had I used "advocated" instead of "argued", I doubt that it would have made a difference with you.)

Yes, I think that people are able to know a few sets of silks in each race. It's a matter of general awareness. Is that so unreachable for you?

Where you come up with me arguing that everyone should wager on every horse that I select escapes me.

If you cannot identify one -- just one -- stable's silks means that you are oblivious. That is absurd. On second thought, maybe I should not be surprised, considering the source.

More than :4: :7: thousand posts and this one makes the least sense.

Congratulations on defining a new low.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 12:54 AM
yeah why bother with the convenience of having easily recognizable consistent saddlecloth colors when you have the option of devoting your time to memorizing the myriad array of various jockey silks which are often so similar as to be indistinguishable at a distance of more than 50 feet unless you watch with binoculars. Being able to quickly identify any horse in the race is way over rated imo because most of us fix our eyes on one horse and do not take our eyes off of it until the race is over.

So, Jim, watching on a TV is not a problem, right? (Of course, I am assuming that you are watching on a TV that is not more than 50 feet away.)

Advise Tom on how to see silks while watching on a TV; he seems to have a problem with that.

JustRalph
08-21-2011, 01:22 AM
So, Jim, watching on a TV is not a problem, right? (Of course, I am assuming that you are watching on a TV that is not more than 50 feet away.)

Advise Tom on how to see silks while watching on a TV; he seems to have a problem with that.

you have no idea what you are talking about, because you weren't there.

The TV Sucks. It's very very hard to see silks on a 19 inch screen that is mounted 10 feet in the air.

I can tell you this, every stinkin race with Pink Silks was a clusterF#$@ with everybody in the tent asking " who won?" after every friggin race. It isn't just Tom. It made for a crappy day watching races. Really Crappy.

Tom
08-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Cardus, moronic reply - yes...YOURS.
You honestly are under the assumption that most of the 29,000 people on track and the tens of thousands off track know silks? Most people have no access at all to what the silk colors are, other than the post parade, which most do not see. What about some guy with a 4-horse box? Contrary to your delusion, it is NOT general awareness. Are you so thick you can't understand that?

I merely suggested you might want everyone to bet your horse because YOU think you are King Shit when it comes to watching races. It seemed to me that only YOU could know what is good for everyone else.

Hint- if you had used the word advocated instead of argued, I would have known what you were talking about - you should learn to use the correct words when you post! I can only assume you understand everything you post. We have definitions of words so that we can properly communicate. But now you have gone and argued the point, so I reiterate...what a stupid thing to argue. But, hardly unexpected from you.:D

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 01:38 AM

watching on TV is not a problem as long as they have the regular colored saddlecloths.

nobody viewed the races with the pink saddlecloths and said, "ahh this is much better".

imagine how it was for people that switched feeds and tried to pick up the action in the middle of a race.

duncan04
08-21-2011, 01:43 AM

They are listed in the pp's :rolleyes:

duncan04
08-21-2011, 01:46 AM
All this bitching about pink saddlecloths kill me. What the hell did you guys do when the Breeders Cup had all purple cloths? :ThmbDown:

Tom
08-21-2011, 01:49 AM
They are listed in the pp's :rolleyes:

What PPs?
Not in mine.
You are aware that there are more than one kind, right? :rolleyes:

BC, all purple - do a search - we bitched. Stupid idea then, too. More so.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 01:50 AM
you have no idea what you are talking about, because you weren't there.

The TV Sucks. It's very very hard to see silks on a 19 inch screen that is mounted 10 feet in the air.

I can tell you this, every stinkin race with Pink Silks was a clusterF#$@ with everybody in the tent asking " who won?" after every friggin race. It isn't just Tom. It made for a crappy day watching races. Really Crappy.

Then watch the race elsewhere. Is it that hard?

I was there last weekend -- somehow I missed getting to the PA tables -- and I saw many clear monitors.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Cardus, moronic reply - yes...YOURS.
You honestly are under the assumption that most of the 29,000 people on track and the tens of thousands off track know silks? Most people have no access at all to what the silk colors are, other than the post parade, which most do not see. What about some guy with a 4-horse box? Contrary to your delusion, it is NOT general awareness. Are you so thick you can't understand that?

I merely suggested you might want everyone to bet your horse because YOU think you are King Shit when it comes to watching races. It seemed to me that only YOU could know what is good for everyone else.

Hint- if you had used the word advocated instead of argued, I would have known what you were talking about - you should learn to use the correct words when you post! I can only assume you understand everything you post. We have definitions of words so that we can properly communicate. But now you have gone and argued the point, so I reiterate...what a stupid thing to argue. But, hardly unexpected from you.:D

I stated that it is knowable. It's not farfetched for an intelligent, aware person to follow a horse by the jockey silks.

If you are neither intelligent nor aware, that is a YOU problem, not a ME problem, as Colin Cowherd says.

This is not rocket science, though you think it is.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 01:58 AM
watching on TV is not a problem as long as they have the regular colored saddlecloths.

nobody viewed the races with the pink saddlecloths and said, "ahh this is much better".

imagine how it was for people that switched feeds and tried to pick up the action in the middle of a race.

You allowed the saddlecloths to distract your attention, too? I noticed it, Jim, but I was far from lost following horses in each race.

Tom
08-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Well good for you.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Well good for you.

You sure told me.

Enjoy the racing tomorrow (today, actually), Tom.

dkithore
08-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Thai s funny!

DK

OTM Al
08-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Having the pink saddle cloths on every race is excessive and a distraction. I totally agree with Tom and Ralph on this. The saddle cloth is the horse's uniform. What they did was akin to the Cowboys playing the Giants and both teams wearing identical pink jerseys and us being told you can still tell who's who because they still are wearing their regular pants and helmet. One or two races would be fine and everyone would deal with it, but every single race is no good. The spotters were even getting the graphics numbers wrong. If they want pink in every race, then the jocks can wear pink helmets or pants. They could put a pink outline on the cloths or a picture of the pink ribbon. No one here is disputing that this is a great and worthy cause, just that it could have been done in a way that was better for all.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Et tu, Al, et tu?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-21-2011, 12:13 PM
One might look and find out one's horse's silk colors, but you would have a harder time knowing all the horses in the race. I'd hate to have to make trip notes, wondering who is wide etc. and not being able to see the number on the same pink saddlecloth. Plus doing it off of a tv or a computer montior. As others have noted, lots of people were confused trying to watch on the screen; the placing judges having more troubles than usual updating the running positions. Hope the chart callers made the adjustment. Nice cause, but the saddlecloths were likely a poor idea - glad I didn't see the card, obviously an afternoon of frustration for many. Pink silks probably better idea, if the owners agree to it (that's their personal identiication out there), though I'd rather see matching jockey silks along with the saddlecloths on a regular basis.

OTM Al
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Et tu, Al, et tu?

Pro rem publicam.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 12:22 PM
this thread is proof people will complain about anything and everything. y'all sound like a bunch of overgrown children.

if the tv you were watching sucked, get up and go watch another one. did the pink cloths prevent anyone from walking?

cj's dad
08-21-2011, 12:36 PM
The pink saddlecloths sucked. It ruined one of 3 days of racing (for me) at Saratoga. Also, the idea of all F&M races sucked.

It was a bad reminder of the purple BC days and the bad camera angles at Dubai when everyone is scratching their arse trying to figure the winner.

NYRA, please do the feature race on awareness day only in a more fan friendly way.

classhandicapper
08-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I knew it was Fabulous Fillies Day (or whatever they called it) because they mentioned it on the NYRA broadcast, but I spent the entire card betting and watching the races and didn't even notice the pink.

So one thing is obvious. I'm an idiot. :lol:

But I seemed to have no problem watching the break, picking up my horse immediately, watching the numbers on the bottom of the screen, and following them if they were in contention. That's why I didn't notice. I guess I'm used to watching races that way on TV. At the track I tend to look at the colors more.

I think a pink arm band or something like that would probably be a better idea since so many horse players follow their horses by color.

JustRalph
08-21-2011, 01:05 PM
this thread is proof people will complain about anything and everything. y'all sound like a bunch of overgrown children.

if the tv you were watching sucked, get up and go watch another one. did the pink cloths prevent anyone from walking?

If you weren't there, you don't get it. There are no other TV's to watch. They all suck. This is an outdoor tent. And even the big screen they provide out front is a piece of crap. The best damn screen in the entire place is Al's Iphone. Thank God for that............

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
If you weren't there, you don't get it. There are no other TV's to watch. They all suck. This is an outdoor tent. And even the big screen they provide out front is a piece of crap. The best damn screen in the entire place is Al's Iphone. Thank God for that............

i've made a trip to saratoga every year for 2 decades. if the tv's sucked in whatever tent you were in, i would have walked to somewhere the tv's didn't suck to watch the races.

it's hard for me to believe adults are complaining this much about something that was done one day for a good cause. one day guys, not the whole meet.

LottaKash
08-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I stated that it is knowable. It's not farfetched for an intelligent, aware person to follow a horse by the jockey silks.

If you are neither intelligent nor aware, that is a YOU problem, not a ME problem, as Colin Cowherd says.

This is not rocket science, though you think it is.

Cardus, do you know how many stables that there are ?....And each one of them has it's "OWN COLORS", and they give them to the Jock when he rides for them that day....

So, how in the heck can we keep track of all of those silly colors ?.

You can do this ?....Good for you then, we mere mortals probably can't do all of this memorizing ?

Sure, thru the years I would be familiar with a few of the colors of some of the big name stables, but not very many tho....

I am glad that some of you can do all this memorization....:jump:

So yeah, having correct post-position colors on the saddlecloth is important to me...Pink sucks anyway..heehee..

============================

In Harness Racing, there isn't this type of problem... Every single driver gets "his own" colors, so no matter where he races, or at what track, or what race he is in, I can identify him by his colors...This way, I know exactly where my horse is at all times, while watching any race....So much easier than this traditional crap of the owner's colors, and not a jockey's own individual colors...I wish they would change that....They never will, I know... haha...

best,

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 01:14 PM
also, you don't have to memorize all the silks. the silks colors are listed in most pps and you could always see what silks the jocks were wearing in the post parade before the race.

PhantomOnTour
08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Years ago at Evangeline Downs the jock silks and hat matched the saddle cloth color.
#1 wore a red shirt and red hat - red saddle cloth
#5 wore a green shirt and green hat - green saddle cloth

cj
08-21-2011, 01:30 PM
i've made a trip to saratoga every year for 2 decades. if the tv's sucked in whatever tent you were in, i would have walked to somewhere the tv's didn't suck to watch the races.

it's hard for me to believe adults are complaining this much about something that was done one day for a good cause. one day guys, not the whole meet.

All the TVs suck.

Saratoga_Mike
08-21-2011, 01:39 PM
All the TVs suck.

You probably mean outside, but the flatscreens in the grandstand are nice with sharp pictures.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 01:49 PM
All the TVs suck.

not inside. but that is besides the point. days were ruined because of saddlecloths?

might be time for a new past time to complain about if your day was ruined because of a saddlecloth.

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 02:02 PM
not inside. but that is besides the point. days were ruined because of saddlecloths?

might be time for a new past time to complain about if your day was ruined because of a saddlecloth.
It might be time that they try not to inconvenience the players when they run a charity event. is that too much to ask?

cj
08-21-2011, 02:47 PM

It isn't beside the point. I agree way too much is being made of it here, but people pay money to sit in the tent. It isn't like it is a short walk to the inside in those crowds.

I'm not going to beat on NYRA for trying to do a good thing, but they could do it in a more fan friendly way next year....wear pink pants and helmets if owners don't want to give up the silks for a day.

If you sit in the tent that you paid for and watch races all day that you bet good money on, and you can't hear the calls (you can't), you should be able to at the very least identify your horse on the TV screen. Again, I'm sure the decision wasn't made with the intent to irritate people. However, since that was the result, it should probably be thought about more diligently before it is done again.

cj
08-21-2011, 02:49 PM
You probably mean outside, but the flatscreens in the grandstand are nice with sharp pictures.

Yes, since that is where the PA crowd is stationed. It isn't exactly convenient to walk from the festival tent to the grandstand and back 10 or 11 times a day.

Saratoga_Mike
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, since that is where the PA crowd is stationed. It isn't exactly convenient to walk from the festival tent to the grandstand and back 10 or 11 times a day.

Agreed - just wanted to point out that there are a few decent, modern TVs in the place.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 03:15 PM
It might be time that they try not to inconvenience the players when they run a charity event. is that too much to ask?

it was one day. you guys are really making a mountain out of a mole hill.

cj
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM

I hope you don't run customer service somewhere. It doesn't really matter what you think if the customers think it was bad. Sure, it was only one day, but for those that only go a few days it stunk.

As I've said, it wasn't done with malcontent to piss off customers. It was a minor oversight that I'm sure will be corrected. However, if nobody says anything, it wouldn't be corrected. Some people in this thread are over the top, no doubt about it. Even so, it needed to be said or it would happen again.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 03:22 PM
It isn't beside the point. I agree way too much is being made of it here, but people pay money to sit in the tent. It isn't like it is a short walk to the inside in those crowds.

I'm not going to beat on NYRA for trying to do a good thing, but they could do it in a more fan friendly way next year....wear pink pants and helmets if owners don't want to give up the silks for a day.

If you sit in the tent that you paid for and watch races all day that you bet good money on, and you can't hear the calls (you can't), you should be able to at the very least identify your horse on the TV screen. Again, I'm sure the decision wasn't made with the intent to irritate people. However, since that was the result, it should probably be thought about more diligently before it is done again.

it is beside the point, because the point is way too much is being made of this, which you agree with.

i have never sat in the tent, nor would, so i cant speak on that. but i do know there are hundreds of tv's in the place. they all cant be bad.

no matter what happens someone will complain. you cant appease everyone but i have to say i am surprised at this reaction from people. seems excessive in my opinion.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I hope you don't run customer service somewhere. It doesn't really matter what you think if the customers think it was bad. Sure, it was only one day, but for those that only go a few days it stunk.

As I've said, it wasn't done with malcontent to piss off customers. It was a minor oversight that I'm sure will be corrected. However, if nobody says anything, it wouldn't be corrected. Some people in this thread are over the top, no doubt about it. Even so, it needed to be said or it would happen again.

you cant please everyone. the only complaints i have seen are by a few on here and after reading some of their past posts it seems like complaining is most of the reason they post.

it was no big deal.

JustRalph
08-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Yep, one of the two days I was there, I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the he'll was running. You may take notice that those who were there are the most upset about it. You commenting from the peanut gallery is just useless yapping since you have no first hand experience.

Fifty percent of the races I drove 7 hours to watch were a waste to try and watch. Think about it.

MadWorld
08-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Fifty percent of the races I drove 7 hours to watch were a waste to try and watch. Think about it.

Was it really "a waste" trying to watch them or an inconvenience? I think that is what the other poster is referring to.

If everyone that had an issue with it writes a polite email to nyra, it probably would be addressed for any future events.

Tom
08-21-2011, 04:43 PM
also, you don't have to memorize all the silks. the silks colors are listed in most pps and you could always see what silks the jocks were wearing in the post parade before the race.

We are paying CUSTOMERS.
Why should we have to ANYTHING to compensate for poor management decisions?

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Yep, one of the two days I was there, I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the he'll was running. You may take notice that those who were there are the most upset about it. You commenting from the peanut gallery is just useless yapping since you have no first hand experience.

you might need glasses then, because the silks werent that difficult to figure out.

i watched every race that day and bet a few of them. i wasnt inconvienced at all.

complaining ad nauseum about something that was done without malice and for a really good cause seems like useless yapping to me.

Tom
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Yeah, the day we were there.
People drove for hours, some flew in, most of us paid for hotel room.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM
We are paying CUSTOMERS.
Why should we have to ANYTHING to compensate for poor management decisions?

i dont think it was a poor decision and i dont think looking for silks is a big deal.

but im not a whiny baby either, so maybe that is where our miscommunication is coming from.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the day we were there.
People drove for hours, some flew in, most of us paid for hotel room.

whine, whine, whine.

Tom
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
you might need glasses then, because the silks werent that difficult to figure out. Wrong. For you, at home, maybe, but again, you have no clue because you were not there.

i watched every race that day and bet a few of them. i wasnt inconvienced at all. Good for you. Where did you watch? Were you in a crowd, looking up at a small TV 10 feet high with people in front of you? You said "most" PPs have the silk colors - mine did not.

complaining ad nauseum about something that was done without malice and for a really good cause seems like useless yapping to me.YOU seem to be the one complianing about us ad nauseum.

Clues for the clueless.....

Tom
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM
whine, whine, whine.

Seems to apply more to you than anyone.
Which troll were you in your former life here again?

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 04:56 PM

im putting you on the ignore list. i suggest you do the same. or at least preface your posts with "here comes a whine."

Tom
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Buh-bye.

JustRalph
08-21-2011, 05:04 PM
im putting you on the ignore list. i suggest you do the same. or at least preface your posts with "here comes a whine."

Another sixty post hero to save the day.......

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Another sixty post hero to save the day.......

is this what you guys do? whine and then gang up on anyone that disagrees? very heroic.

id rather be a 60 post hero than a 47,000 post hero.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
In no post in this thread did I assert that people should be able to know the silks of each jockey in the race. It's mind boggling to me that a viewer could not know the silks for THE HORSE ON WHOM HE WAGERED. After that, I extended that to a few other horses. That is all I suggested.

Specifically, though, if the offending TV screen made it difficult to make out the colors of the silks, then how was it OK to make out the color of the saddlecloth, a much smaller item?

Saratoga_Mike
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
In no post in this thread did I assert that people should be able to know the silks of each jockey in the race. It's mind boggling to me that a viewer could not know the silks for THE HORSE ON WHOM HE WAGERED. After that, I extended that to a few other horses. That is all I suggested.

Specifically, though, if the offending TV screen made it difficult to make out the colors of the silks, then how was it OK to make out the color of the saddlecloth, a much smaller item?

I generally agree with your sentiment in this thread, but it's much easier to identify saddlecloth colors than silks.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
If the TV in the PA tent was inadequate for differentiating the colors of the silks, then how would it have been sufficient to differentiate the colors of the saddlecloths if they were in their traditional colors?

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 06:02 PM

I can't believe that this has to be explained, but here goes.

1) the saddleclothes are solidly colored, the colors clearly stand out. Unlike the silks which have specific details like stripes or diamonds. They are more difficult to distinguish from a distance regardless of the quality of the TV monitor.

2) the saddlecloths are CONSISTENT, one is always Red and so on. Therefore you only have to remember the basic scheme, and you're set to easily follow any race. Rather than try to remember the silks of every single race. This reduces the amount of effort for the person watching.

3)The silks represent owners, the saddlecloths represent wagering interests. this makes an extra step.

So in one case we are expected to remember that Green and White diagonal quarters; White Collar, green sleeves, white seams, green and white cap is Chester and Mary Broman and in this race they have the 1 horse.

In the other case all we have to know is Red = 1

Is this making any sense now?

Tom
08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Again, the only ones who have trouble understanding this are those who were NOT there. The saddle cloths were fairly easy to follow. I guess some people think the tsunami in Japan wasn't all that because THEY never got wet watchining it on TV. :rolleyes::D

I should also point out, several times, the numbers on the video were wrong, probably because the had no idea who was who either.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 06:23 PM
i find it hard to believe that anyone whose life has been touched by cancer of any kind is really that upset about a very nice gesture made on the part of nyra that lasted one day.

was it the best possible thing they could have done? probably not. but sometimes you look at the big picture and realize how petty you look and sound complaining about something like this.

Shelby
08-21-2011, 06:34 PM
It's very nice that NYRA recognizes and helps find a cure for cancer.

My Grammy is a cancer survivor.

That doesn't change the fact that it sucks when you can't see which horse is which.

Instead of saddle cloths that are pink, why not wear an arm band to show support?

Isn't it the Breeder's Cup where all the cloths are purple? I hate that, too.

andtheyreoff
08-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Folks, for over 100 years, horses didn't wear colored saddle cloths. Yet, somehow, in some way, racing survived, and fans were able to watch the races. Hell, NYRA didn't go to colored saddle cloths until 2001, and people still bet on their races.

But when they run with them all the same for ONE day, people go crazy over it?

I thought that you guys were sane, but you're almost at TVG Community levels of craziness.

Tom
08-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Were you there?

Track Collector
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Walking made very little improvement. I watched the races from the upper level of the grandstand using binoculars, and I still found it VERY difficult to tell one horse from another, especially until the horses entered the stretch. Like others have said, the idea to draw attention to awareness of breast cancer was a good idea.........it was just not thought out very well from a wagering customer standpoint.

Dexter M........you offered the opinion that it was not a problem for you, and then above you went on to belittle those who did have a problem with it. No one called YOU any names like "overgrown children", yet somehow you took the opinions of others on this situation as something against YOU, thus the name calling. Why? It is ok to have differing opinions, but you do not need to make it personal. If it sounds like wining and it bothers you, you do have the choice to stay out of the thread.

Shelby
08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Folks, for over 100 years, horses didn't wear colored saddle cloths. Yet, somehow, in some way, racing survived, and fans were able to watch the races. Hell, NYRA didn't go to colored saddle cloths until 2001, and people still bet on their races.

I thought that you guys were sane, but you're almost at TVG Community levels of craziness.

For over 100 years people had no electricity, either.

ArlJim78
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM

yes I think we can all agree that before saddlecloths were around people were able to watch races. :confused: I'm also sure that when they first appeared on the scene people considered it a great idea.

there have been a lot of changes and improvements made over the years that we take for granted now. if something that is taken for granted is suddenly missing it initially causes some confusion. thats all people are saying, that it made for a frustrating day.

I don't know why you feel that to point out these simple facts is insane.

Relwob Owner
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Walking made very little improvement. I watched the races from the upper level of the grandstand using binoculars, and I still found it VERY difficult to tell one horse from another, especially until the horses entered the stretch. Like others have said, the idea to draw attention to awareness of breast cancer was a good idea.........it was just not thought out very well from a wagering customer standpoint.

Dexter M........you offered the opinion that it was not a problem for you, and then above you went on to belittle those who did have a problem with it. No one called YOU any names like "overgrown children", yet somehow you took the opinions of others on this situation as something against YOU, thus the name calling. Why? It is ok to have differing opinions, but you do not need to make it personal. If it sounds like wining and it bothers you, you do have the choice to stay out of the thread.

I think you make good points here and I agree that name calling ever helps. However, singling out Dexter M in the name calling doesnt seem fair, as some of the people he was directing the names towards do plenty of namecalling in this and other threads.

I think people who are complaining about the saddlecloths have a decent point. Yes, there are other ways to follow the horses but the powers that be could have found so many other ways to honor the cause that wouldnt have run the risk of bothering any of the people watching.

Tom
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Track Collector, I KNEW I liked you when I met you Thursday! :ThmbUp:

5k-claim
08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
The complaints about the saddle cloths seem fairly logical to me.

If the color-coded cloths were put into use in order to make it easier to distinguish runners from each other- which I believe most would agree it has- then working backwards from there it is only logical that taking them away would make it harder. As to what degree it makes it harder is up to the individual to decide, and there appears to be a wide range on that.

But why make it harder to distinguish the runners at all- and even open up that debate in the first place? What is wrong with arm-bands or caps or something on the boots, etc... The "it was only for one day" argument is beside that point.

This makes me appreciate all of the old-timers who made due with racing back in the old days of television when both the saddle cloths and the silks only came in two colors: black and white.

cj's dad
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
whine, whine, whine.

Hey Dexter M- troll away with your 63 posts. You are dealing with folks on this site who cumulatively have hundreds of years in capping experience. You have no idea WTF you are talking about. We were there. It sucked.

STFU !!

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM

actually i was called names in this thread.

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey Dexter M- troll away with your 63 posts. You are dealing with folks on this site who cumulatively have hundreds of years in capping experience. You have no idea WTF you are talking about. We were there. It sucked.

STFU !!

ha ha ha. how many posts do i have to make before i no longer get called a troll for having an opinion different from the babies?

cj's dad
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
ha ha ha. how many posts do i have to make before i no longer get called a troll for having an opinion different from the babies?

AMF

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 09:53 PM
AMF

eabfd

duncan04
08-21-2011, 10:09 PM

You should of known what day it was. They promoted it pretty good! So if it was going to ruin your day maybe you should of went on another day. Just saying it wasn't like it was a surprise but whatever

Relwob Owner
08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
You should of known what day it was. They promoted it pretty good! So if it was going to ruin your day maybe you should of went on another day. Just saying it wasn't like it was a surprise but whatever

Not sure but I think a lot of the people who were annoyed made plans a while ago and I doubt they would have been able to know about the saddlecloths when they made their plans. If so, I dont think you can use the "should have gone on another day" argument.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 10:19 PM

STFU !!

If the saddlecloths were red, white, blue, etc., I take it that you would have not had a problem knowing the difference between the horses, right?

Cardus
08-21-2011, 10:23 PM

STFU !!

At some point in your Internet Land life, you had a lot of experience following horses, but few posts. You didn't start at post 1,000, did you?

None of us knows how much experience a person has solely by post count, do we?

Tom
08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
actually i was called names in this thread.

Deservedly so. You talk much,say little.
Your big mouth is really boring.. like this nugget:

Are you so impressed by ignorance that you grasp for it at every opportunity? Few have made such asses of themselves in so few posts.
Every post is dumber than the last one.

Back under your bridge, troll.:D

Cardus
08-21-2011, 11:03 PM

Are you so impressed by ignorance that you grasp for it at every opportunity? Few have made such asses of themselves in so few posts.

Dexter did not post the second potion that you quoted.

Tom
08-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Right - Dexter, Duncan......if they were wearing colored saddle cloths I could have told them apart. Whatever.

Cardus
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Right - Dexter, Duncan......if they were wearing colored saddle cloths I could have told them apart. Whatever.

Here are some different colors for you:
:4: :7: :7: :3: :1:

Dexter M
08-21-2011, 11:33 PM

considering i didnt even post the second part, the highlighted portions of your post are even funnier now.

its unfortunate this conversation has denigraded to this. not my intention, but im glad i realized a differing opinion from the select few will result in namecalling and a gang up style mentality you often see with children.

proximity
08-21-2011, 11:39 PM
if saratoga really cared about women's health maybe they could stop selling fattening cheeseburgers and ice cream?

next year, just put pink borders on the regular cloths. :sleeping:

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
i dont think it was a poor decision and i dont think looking for silks is a big deal.

but im not a whiny baby either, so maybe that is where our miscommunication is coming from.Dahoss, you realize registering more than one user name is a no-no around here, right?

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2011, 02:31 AM
I think you make good points here and I agree that name calling ever helps. However, singling out Dexter M in the name calling doesnt seem fair, as some of the people he was directing the names towards do plenty of namecalling in this and other threads.Why drag in other threads? That has no bearing on what has happened in this thread. But it does show where your biases lie...interesting...

Cardus and Dexter M are way outta line, and it seems like Cardus was shocked a bit when folks like Al and others didn't fall in line behind him...

It's obvious what has gone on in this thread, at least to me.... :lol:

Stillriledup
08-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Dahoss, you realize registering more than one user name is a no-no around here, right?

lol, PA's new ghost, Dexter M.

:D

Stillriledup
08-22-2011, 04:11 AM

Dexter, that's an Absolutely horrible analogy if i do say so myself!

:p

Stillriledup
08-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Some were suggesting that the jocks wear pink silks instead of messing with the saddlecloths. There's only one problem with that. If they did, the OWNERS would be 'put out' for a day...so what do they do instead? Put the customers out for the day.

How about letting the jocks wear pink wristbands like the MLB players do? Or put a pink shadow roll on the horse.

There's a lot you can do without messing with the cloths.

Cardus
08-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Why drag in other threads? That has no bearing on what has happened in this thread. But it does show where your biases lie...interesting...

Cardus and Dexter M are way outta line, and it seems like Cardus was shocked a bit when folks like Al and others didn't fall in line behind him...

That was a good opportunity to have fun with Al, and I knew how he would respond.

You missed the joke, PA.

Relwob Owner
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Why drag in other threads? That has no bearing on what has happened in this thread. But it does show where your biases lie...interesting...

Fine, Pace, take my "this and other threads" and replace it with "this thread" if that is better. I guess I didnt need to say "other threads" because "this thread" was enough to make my point.

As far as my bias goes, I have none at all. I didnt think it was cool for Dexter M to say people were behaving like children and wasnt defending him at all. I was simply saying that he wasnt the only person doing the namecalling and that it didnt make sense to call him out individually.

Funny thing is that you call me out for having a bias. Read the thread closely and you will see that the poster who called out Dexter M appears to have an existing bias towards at least one of those who had been called the names(if I am not mkistaken, they met Thursday according to the thread). Why not comment on that poster's bias?

As far as it being obvious "what has gone on in this thread", many things have but the most obvious is that it has shown that your "dont attack others personally, just put them on ignore" mandate from a while back fell on deaf ears.

Tom
08-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Pretty funny stuff. His LAST post under that name accuses ME of running and hiding, while HE disappears and then comes back under a new name! :lol::lol:

Pretty small set, there! :lol:

cj's dad
08-22-2011, 09:29 AM

So, by your logic, I should have thought to check the 18th-19th & 20th to see if any special events were planned such as "Breast cancer awareness day" ? and when seeing that, should have contacted NYRA and asked how they would be promoting that day ? Brilliant ! Oh, and then when I found out the method of promotion, I should have sat in my motel room ?
I am really upset that I missed Sundays "sports bag" giveaway day. That would have been worth another day's stay at the motel !!

There is NO ONE on this board more familiar with the devestating effects of cancer than I. The promotion was poorly thought out and should have been scrapped by the 3rd or 4th race for the benefit of the fans.

A big "job well done" to Tom Durkin as I have not heard any complaints re: his race calls.

Note to NYRA: next year, pink caps, wristbands, or some other method but PLEASE, no pink saddle cloths.

ArlJim78
08-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I kid you not, yesterday I was going to post a "welcome back Dahoss" on this thread, but thought better of it.

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Dexter, that's an Absolutely horrible analogy if i do say so myself!

:pConsidering it wasn't an analogy to begin with, Dexter and I would have to agree with you there....

The silliness never ends...

Track Collector
08-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Funny thing is that you call me out for having a bias. Read the thread closely and you will see that the poster who called out Dexter M appears to have an existing bias towards at least one of those who had been called the names(if I am not mkistaken, they met Thursday according to the thread). Why not comment on that poster's bias?

I am not aware of what bias you see, unless you mistakenly thought I was defending someone who is perfectly capable of doing so themselves. One person's comments seemed directed at all the others who had issues with the saddle cloth colors, thus my response. Several others have engaged more or less in "emotionally charged" one-on-one discussions with each other, with their comments not directed at the masses.

Cardus
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
So, by your logic, I should have thought to check the 18th-19th & 20th to see if any special events were planned such as "Breast cancer awareness day" ? and when seeing that, should have contacted NYRA and asked how they would be promoting that day ? Brilliant ! Oh, and then when I found out the method of promotion, I should have sat in my motel room ?
I am really upset that I missed Sundays "sports bag" giveaway day. That would have been worth another day's stay at the motel !!

There is NO ONE on this board more familiar with the devestating effects of cancer than I. The promotion was poorly thought out and should have been scrapped by the 3rd or 4th race for the benefit of the fans.

A big "job well done" to Tom Durkin as I have not heard any complaints re: his race calls.

Note to NYRA: next year, pink caps, wristbands, or some other method but PLEASE, no pink saddle cloths.

Considering how widespread cancer is and the number of people registered on this board, it takes some onions to post what I highlighted above.

Nunc dimittis.

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Dahoss, you realize registering more than one user name is a no-no around here, right?

I assumed it was okay because I had asked you to delete Dahoss a couple dozen times, to which you always said no. When you were begging me to come back (which as you know, you did more than a few times) I mentioned I just wanted to take a break and I might comeback.

I haven't posted as Dahoss in months, nor logged in, so I guess I don't see what the problem is. Certainly I'm not the first person to do this and as I said I'm not posting under both names.

I get it. You protect Tom and that's fine. Never going to change because he has no life and will spend the rest of his days mashing away on the keyboard complaining about everything. More posts, more views to the site and the more you get to charge for advertising.

But I was not out of line at all here. In fact, you agreed with my point of view in this thread before you took to protecting Tom.

Either way, I see my decision to leave initially was the right one. I should have known when you offered to ban whoever I wanted, as long as I came back that there might be some character issues here. As the saying goes, water finds its level and you have done a fine job of that here.

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I kid you not, yesterday I was going to post a "welcome back Dahoss" on this thread, but thought better of it.

Glad to see you finally showing some restraint.

Too bad you didn't have any when you stole someone's password, read all of their pm's for months and then chastised them about who they were conversing with.

That takes creepy to a whole new level, congrats!

Tom
08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Maybe the problem is you, Dexy.
Protect me???
You're the one always disappearing and now hiding.

Here's a clue - don't start shit you can't finish and you won't have to run home for a time out. Put me on Ignore - I won't be offended.
Just let me know which personality you land on so I can update my Iggy list.

You bring the crap on yourself, dude. I do too, a lot, but I can take it.

Saratoga_Mike
08-22-2011, 02:13 PM
i find it hard to believe that anyone whose life has been touched by cancer of any kind is really that upset about a very nice gesture made on the part of nyra that lasted one day.

was it the best possible thing they could have done? probably not. but sometimes you look at the big picture and realize how petty you look and sound complaining about something like this.

Great post.

Saratoga_Mike
08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
I assumed it was okay because I had asked you to delete Dahoss a couple dozen times, to which you always said no. When you were begging me to come back (which as you know, you did more than a few times) I mentioned I just wanted to take a break and I might comeback.

I'm glad he begged - good to have you back DH!

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Maybe the problem is you, Dexy.
Protect me???
You're the one always disappearing and now hiding.

Here's a clue - don't start shit you can't finish and you won't have to run home for a time out. Put me on Ignore - I won't be offended.
Just let me know which personality you land on so I can update my Iggy list.

You bring the crap on yourself, dude. I do too, a lot, but I can take it.

Don't start shit I can't finish? Hilarious.

For you to not acknowledge you are protected by PA shows how out of touch with reality you really are.

I can take it all and have. Everytime I disagree with one of the chosen few here I take on multiple people. This thread is a great example. You can't debate unless you have your goons behind you. You need the gang mentality because frankly, you can't handle it yourself.

cj's dad
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Considering how widespread cancer is and the number of people registered on this board, it takes some onions to post what I highlighted above.

Nunc dimittis.

Here's what you highlighted from my post:
There is NO ONE on this board more familiar with the devestating effects of cancer than I

Note that I did not say "as familiar" , I said more familiar.

I did not mean to trivialize anyone's experience with this disease.

Tom
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Grow up, whoever you are.
Anyone who posted in this thread did so without my asking them to.
Maybe a lot of people just think you're flat out wrong. BTW, you are.

And what abut your stooges who seem to flock to your side in arguments?
And who disappeared after 6/12/11? Me or you?
And who came back under a new name, me or you? You see me complaining that I don't know who I am posting to?

You are pathetic! :lol:

Ocala Mike
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Can't believe the vitriol I started with my (I thought) trivial complaint about the pink saddlecloths. I did find myself in agreement with many PA posters in this thread that are usually working the opposite side of the street from me. Carry on!

Ocala Mike

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Some might consider a guy whose entire life is a message board to be pretty pathetic.

Just sayin'.

Tom
08-22-2011, 03:02 PM
What you don't know could fill a book or two.
Some people aren't as limited in scope as you are and can handle multiple things at once. Without running home for a time out.

Be all you can be.
Oh, you are?

Sorry.

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
You're right. I hope in 30 or so years my life revolves around a message board, complaining non stop and making really lame jokes in an effort to make other dudes laugh.

Sounds great.

toussaud
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
wow lol

I can see both sides of the argument. Breast Cancer is a very serious issue, not one to be taken lightly. I (seriously) applaud Saratoga for wanting to do something to promote the awareness of breast cancer.

On the other hand, i see the ohter point as well. MLB had breast cancer awareness day or weekend on mothers day this year, where everyone in the league ware pink caps. That's reasonable. Having everyone wear pink saddleclothes would be like,at leat to me, every team having to wear pink jerseys. there just has to be a more fisable you can do both, i t's not like you can only make one side happy by alienating the other side. You can promote breast cancer awareness while at the same time catering to bettors and fans by allowing them to see what horse is what.

Tom
08-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Again, this is why conversations turn out like this. Dexter can't help himself and has to involve himself in everything. He gets called out on it and then runs away to hide and create a new identity to come back under.

I'll end it here. He hasn't got the sense to.
Like having a baby brother tagging along behind you.

Good bye, Dexter. Hope you enjoy growing up.

Ta ta.

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Bye Tom, hope you never get carpel tunnel.

Robert Fischer
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
looks like both sides have been covered pretty well...

... so this seems like a good opportunity to take shots at those apathetic bastards who are indifferent!!! :mad:

Relwob Owner
08-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I am not aware of what bias you see, unless you mistakenly thought I was defending someone who is perfectly capable of doing so themselves. One person's comments seemed directed at all the others who had issues with the saddle cloth colors, thus my response. Several others have engaged more or less in "emotionally charged" one-on-one discussions with each other, with their comments not directed at the masses.

Me saying there appeared to be a bias was based on you singling out Dexter M(I had no clue it was Dahoss) for name calling and not saying anything about others who engaged in the name calling, with words like troll, whiner, etc. If you dont have a bias, then I would say that I was wrong and I apologize for reading the situation incorrectly.

Track Collector
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Me saying there appeared to be a bias was based on you singling out Dexter M(I had no clue it was Dahoss) for name calling and not saying anything about others who engaged in the name calling, with words like troll, whiner, etc. If you dont have a bias, then I would say that I was wrong and I apologize for reading the situation incorrectly.

All is cool.

Wishing well in your handicapping endeavors. :)

trackrat59
08-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Gosh, this is one heck of a thread.

Relwob Owner
08-22-2011, 09:28 PM
All is cool.

Wishing well in your handicapping endeavors. :)

Right back at ya :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-22-2011, 10:19 PM
And we all lived happily ever after.

Until Tuesday....... :eek:

cj's dad
08-22-2011, 11:11 PM
You're right. I hope in 30 or so years my life revolves around a message board, complaining non stop and making really lame jokes in an effort to make other dudes laugh.

Sounds great.
Why are you here ??

andtheyreoff
08-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Here's another point:

Last year, the SAME THING was done at Saratoga and there was nary a complaint. It's done this year and we get a 10 page thread with people complaining about what a grave injustice it was to the bettors.

I shudder at the thought of what this place will be like in August 2012...

Stillriledup
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
wow lol

I can see both sides of the argument. Breast Cancer is a very serious issue, not one to be taken lightly. I (seriously) applaud Saratoga for wanting to do something to promote the awareness of breast cancer.

On the other hand, i see the ohter point as well. MLB had breast cancer awareness day or weekend on mothers day this year, where everyone in the league ware pink caps. That's reasonable. Having everyone wear pink saddleclothes would be like,at leat to me, every team having to wear pink jerseys. there just has to be a more fisable you can do both, i t's not like you can only make one side happy by alienating the other side. You can promote breast cancer awareness while at the same time catering to bettors and fans by allowing them to see what horse is what.

Excellent post, i agree.

I don't think this is a thread about the seriousness of breast cancer, or, any kind of cancer for that matter. People shouldnt use the 'you arent taking cancer seriously' argument when discussing what part of Saratoga should have been adorned in Pink.

There was really no reason the horses couldnt have had pink blinkers, pink shadowrolls or pink ribbons in their hair and there's no reason the jocks couldnt have worn some sort of pink on their outfit either. It was just a mistake by NYRA and its a mistake i'm sure they won't make next time.

Dexter M
08-22-2011, 11:54 PM

I'll make a few predictions.

Tom hits 100,000 posts and acts like it is a good thing and Stillriledup actually posts something worth reading, realizes what he did, so he resurrects a thread from 8 years ago to make up for it.

duncan04
08-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Here's another point:

Last year, the SAME THING was done at Saratoga and there was nary a complaint. It's done this year and we get a 10 page thread with people complaining about what a grave injustice it was to the bettors.

Amazing isn't it? Guess there was nothing else to bitch about this year! :rolleyes:

cj
08-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Amazing isn't it? Guess there was nothing else to bitch about this year! :rolleyes:

I was there last year and people were bitching in person. I guess since nothing changed, they stepped it up.

SeattleSlew@BP
08-23-2011, 05:48 AM
My mom died young with cancer, and I think pink saddlecloths suck.

Sorry, but if you need to see all pink during a horse race to REMIND you that cancer is fukking horrible, then what can I say? We live in different solar systems.

Then make the whips pink. Not the uniforms.

Can you imagine both MLB teams wearing pink????

No?

Then why should we for this sport?

Tom
08-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
Here's another point:

Did it occur to you that maybe it happened while we were not there last year? I have no doubt sitting at home watching on a TV or computer would be much easier to follow that there in person, with bad TVs 10 feet high and crowds in front of you, wouldn't you say?

But then again, you weren't there were you?

JustRalph
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Anybody who thinks this thread is about cancer, is sadly mistaken

PaceAdvantage
08-23-2011, 07:34 PM

I haven't posted as Dahoss in months, nor logged in, so I guess I don't see what the problem is. Certainly I'm not the first person to do this and as I said I'm not posting under both names.

I get it. You protect Tom and that's fine. Never going to change because he has no life and will spend the rest of his days mashing away on the keyboard complaining about everything. More posts, more views to the site and the more you get to charge for advertising.

But I was not out of line at all here. In fact, you agreed with my point of view in this thread before you took to protecting Tom.

Either way, I see my decision to leave initially was the right one. I should have known when you offered to ban whoever I wanted, as long as I came back that there might be some character issues here. As the saying goes, water finds its level and you have done a fine job of that here.Why bother with a new name? I didn't even have to look up IPs or anything like that...just reading your posts in this thread I instantly knew it was you, so why bother creating a new name?

And don't worry about me. It appears the site survived just fine with you gone all this time, and will continue to do so whether you choose to stay or go.

I'm not protecting Tom. Unlike you, I take threads on an individual basis and don't carry over my biases from thread to thread like some here were obviously doing when they decided to jump all over Tom for what turned out to be a very reasonable opinion.

Was Al protecting Tom? Was CJ? They didn't quite agree with your statements either, now did they?

Tom doesn't need anyone to protect him, unlike some others on here...

Dexter M
08-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Why bother with a new name? I didn't even have to look up IPs or anything like that...just reading your posts in this thread I instantly knew it was you, so why bother creating a new name?

And don't worry about me. It appears the site survived just fine with you gone all this time, and will continue to do so whether you choose to stay or go.

I'm not protecting Tom. Unlike you, I take threads on an individual basis and don't carry over my biases from thread to thread like some here were obviously doing when they decided to jump all over Tom for what turned out to be a very reasonable opinion.

Was Al protecting Tom? Was CJ? They didn't quite agree with your statements either, now did they?

Tom doesn't need anyone to protect him, unlike some others on here...

I wish you would have just posted the pm you sent me instead of this nonsense. Here is your initial post in this thread.

Suddenly Tom's opinion on it was reasonable? What happened in a few days to change your opinion?

That's right, I disagreed with him. But, you don't protect him. :lol:

Tom
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
How, specifically, was I protected?
By having YOUR fake name revealed to me? :D
I already thought it was you, but that is not important.

Let's see, YOU go home and hide for two months, then come back with a new identity....sounds like you're in the PPP....Poster Protection Program!

Saratoga_Mike
08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
I thought "Stillriledup" previously used the username "Imriledup?" If so, have the TOS changed? I assume they have.

Stillriledup
08-24-2011, 12:05 AM
I thought "Stillriledup" previously used the username "Imriledup?" If so, have the TOS changed? I assume they have.

I did. That was me. I chose a new name simliar to the one i had so people would realize it was the same person. I wasnt trying to come back under an 'alias' i apologize if anyone didnt realize that it was one in the same.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 12:14 AM
How, specifically, was I protected?
By having YOUR fake name revealed to me? :D
I already thought it was you, but that is not important.

Let's see, YOU go home and hide for two months, then come back with a new identity....sounds like you're in the PPP....Poster Protection Program!

I wish my life was a message board.

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I wish my life was a message board.Don't you get tired of the same ol' shtick?

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Don't you get tired of the same ol' shtick?

Like a moth to flame.

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Suddenly Tom's opinion on it was reasonable? What happened in a few days to change your opinion?

That's right, I disagreed with him. But, you don't protect him. :lol:Can you not grasp that my thinking that an opinion is reasonable doesn't necessarily mean that I also agree with said opinion?

There is no way you would have flown into this thread with guns blazing had a different name been attached to Tom's post. That's what pisses me off about you and a choice few others in this thread.

It has nothing to do with defending. It has to do with standing up for truth, justice, and the American way.... :lol:

thaskalos
08-24-2011, 12:26 AM
After all the heated debates involving Dahoss on this board...who would have thought that all this "hoopla" would surface in an innocent-looking thread such as this?

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Hey man, the more heated it gets, the more money I make...truth, justice and the American way baby.... :lol:

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Can you not grasp that my thinking that an opinion is reasonable doesn't necessarily mean that I also agree with said opinion?

There is no way you would have flown into this thread with guns blazing had a different name been attached to Tom's post. That's what pisses me off about you and a choice few others in this thread.

It has nothing to do with defending. It has to do with standing up for truth, justice, and the American way.... :lol:

Ummm, my opinion on this matter was in this thread days before Tom even made a post in this thread. I certainly didn't come into this thread "guns blazing" because he was in it. It's all there. Pretend you aren't impartial and take a look. But yeah, you don't protect him. Anyone really believe that bullshit?

But ironically, your point is valid about people coming into threads because of who is posting it. It is the exact reason I chose another name when I came back. I wanted what I was saying to be looked at, not just who was saying it.

thaskalos
08-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Hey man, the more heated it gets, the more money I make...truth, justice and the American way baby.... :lol:
If what you say is true...are you sure that getting rid of Dahoss is in your best financial interest?

If it was me...and I was getting paid "by the argument"...I would offer him "incentives" to keep him around.

According to my calculations...without Dahoss as a contributor on this board, heated arguments have declined by 70%. :)

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 12:48 AM
If what you say is true...are you sure that getting rid of Dahoss is in your best financial interest?

If it was me...and I was getting paid "by the argument"...I would offer him "incentives" to keep him around.

According to my calculations...without Dahoss as a contributor on this board, heated arguments have declined by 70%. :)

You make a good point. At the very least I should be getting some kind of commission, no?

Time to restructure my contract.

thaskalos
08-24-2011, 01:03 AM
You make a good point. At the very least I should be getting some kind of commission, no?

Time to restructure my contract.
You have been missed my friend...and I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way.

This board is what it is because of all the informed opinions present here...and few opinions are as informed as yours.

I hope that you and Tom can patch-up your differences, because you both are among my most favorite posters...and that's the truth.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 01:07 AM
You have been missed my friend...and I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way.

This board is what it is because of all the informed opinions present here...and few opinions are as informed as yours.

I hope that you and Tom can patch-up your differences, because you both are among my most favorite posters...and that's the truth.

Appreciate the nice words, my friend. I have gotten other notes from people and they were all nice. I missed our discussions as well.

Tom and I aren't going to patch it up. But that doesn't mean it has to take over threads, especially if it means PA makes money off of it ;) .

KingChas
08-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Deja -Vu?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74342

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Deja -Vu?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74342Yeah, funny how that happens...

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 02:35 AM

According to my calculations...without Dahoss as a contributor on this board, heated arguments have declined by 70%. :)It's all good.

And I didn't get rid of anyone. In fact, it has been reported that I "begged" him to stay.

And then I gave up, forgot all about it, and life went on...

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Like a moth to flame.Yes, nothing makes me more happy than to see you chastising a fellow board member for his many posts.

This is a message board. It's here to ENCOURAGE people to participate, not to have others criticize them for doing so.

Tom
08-24-2011, 07:41 AM
But ironically, your point is valid about people coming into threads because of who is posting it. It is the exact reason I chose another name when I came back. I wanted what I was saying to be looked at, not just who was saying it.

Ironically, that speaks well for me. I was drawn to what you said, not who you were. Go figure! :D

btw, it is not so much my life is a horse board as it is the ability to multi-task. Some people can handle several things at a time. Really.

(PA....ca-ching, ca-ching!):rolleyes:

Tom
08-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Deja -Vu?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74342

That is funny. Same topic, but substitute 46 and we have no problems! :D

See, now being at HOME watch that year, I as able to tell the SILKS on my TV, which is what the whole to begin with.
Now, enough of this - PA is going to get hit with a higher tax rate if we aren't careful. The IRS is already monitoring this thread!

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, nothing makes me more happy than to see you chastising a fellow board member for his many posts.

This is a message board. It's here to ENCOURAGE people to participate, not to have others criticize them for doing so.

Yep, most posts= more website views. I can do the math on that one.

Also explains why Stillneverright hasn't been banned yet.

But I didn't see you rushing to my or anyone's defense for a low post count. Weird how that works. It's okay to chastise someone for a low post count (troll, etc) but not the other way around. Makes perfect sense. :liar:

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 09:58 AM
btw, it is not so much my life is a horse board

Oh no, that is exactly what it is. They are laughing at you, not with you.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes, nothing makes me more happy than to see you chastising a fellow board member for his many posts.

By the way, I think it's interesting you chose to ignore my post explaining I posted in this thread days before Tom ever did and my follow up pm about why I returned.

Not unexpected, but certainly interesting.

PhantomOnTour
08-24-2011, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes:
In light of all the flak they've caught over saddle cloth colors, NYRA just announced that horses will not wear saddle cloths or numbers of any kind.
Jocks will all wear white....good luck.

Tom
08-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Actually, it was Cardus who started everything in Post #14.

Then it was Dexter who started off calling "ME names in Post #72.
Up until then, I had not attacked" him at all, unless disagreeing with him can be considered an attack. Maybe so if you are paranoid. I had the audacity to disagree so I get called a whinny baby. This is a pattern with da Poster - incapable of having an adult discussion.

Just to set the record straight. This is where I figured out who you were.
I recognized the breakdown. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter M
whine, whine, whine.

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
By the way, I think it's interesting you chose to ignore my post explaining I posted in this thread days before Tom ever did and my follow up pm about why I returned.

Not unexpected, but certainly interesting.Ignoring you sometimes is the only and best way to deal with the more insufferable qualities of your online posting persona.

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Yep, most posts= more website views. I can do the math on that one.

Also explains why Stillneverright hasn't been banned yet.

But I didn't see you rushing to my or anyone's defense for a low post count. Weird how that works. It's okay to chastise someone for a low post count (troll, etc) but not the other way around. Makes perfect sense. :liar:You and SRU are about even when taking the number of times I've considered banning each of you into account.

In fact, I HAVE banned you in the distant past...can't say the same for SRU.

As TLG is fond of saying, the silliness never ends....

Shelby
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Does this mean if I leave for a while, someone will beg me to come back? :cool:

toussaud
08-24-2011, 01:23 PM

Up until then, I had not attacked" him at all, unless disagreeing with him can be considered an attack. Maybe so if you are paranoid. I had the audacity to disagree so I get called a whinny baby. This is a pattern with da Poster - incapable of having an adult discussion.

I recognized the breakdown. :lol: Put your big boy underwear on. Just because someone says something that might get under your skin doesn't mean you have to respond like wise.

Tom
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Put your big boy underwear on. Just because someone says something that might get under your skin doesn't mean you have to respond like wise.

Never mind my underwear - show me where responded likewise.
Was it post # 74, 75, 84, 88, 93?
I DID call him a troll in #104 after he whined about being called a name in this thread, after he called ME a name. I had NOT done so up until 104, after his constant crying.

If you look back at the thread, you will me continually trying to defend the criticism while The D poster and his protege Cardus keep going after the people who agreed with me.

So, get your fact straights before you jump in.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Ignoring you sometimes is the only and best way to deal with the more insufferable qualities of your online posting persona.

Yeah that's it. Couldn't be that I'm right and you are wrong and can't admit it, plus you really have no response. What could you say? It's all right here in this thread. Couldn't be that. :rolleyes:

You and SRU are about even when taking the number of times I've considered banning each of you into account.

In fact, I HAVE banned you in the distant past...can't say the same for SRU.

As TLG is fond of saying, the silliness never ends....

I'm actually glad this happened. First off, you're blatantly lying. You have never banned me. Ever. The truth is I have asked you too a lot, but you never have.

Not sure why you would make that up, but it appears you are desperately trying to save face here and I guess lying will help you do that. I have to say that totally making that up isn't helping your arguement.

The facts are the facts. You protect your political buddies. Does anyone really think you would have come into this thread the way you did if I was going back and forth with SRU? What if I was going back and forth with Cardus? Would you have done the same thing?

Of course not. I argued with your pet, so you responded the way you did. I'm done helping you get website hits. Use someone else.

LottaKash
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm done helping you get website hits. Use someone else.

Does this mean you are vehemently for or against "pink saddle cloths" ?....I forgot where you stand on this...:D

best,

toussaud
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
The truth is I have asked you too a lot, but you never have.

I never have understood this. Why do people asked to get banned? What is the purpose in this practice? Why not just stop participating. That's like going to a nightclub, hating the place and saying, i hate this place so bad, i'm going to do everything i can to get kicked out so i don't come back. lol why not just go home and not come back on your own

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
I never have understood this. Why do people asked to get banned? What is the purpose in this practice? Why not just stop participating. That's like going to a nightclub, hating the place and saying, i hate this place so bad, i'm going to do everything i can to get kicked out so i don't come back. lol why not just go home and not come back on your own

I did stop participating. What Tom calls "hiding" was me not participating anymore. My turn for a question.

I have never understood why people comment on things when they have no idea what they are talking about. Plus, after they are proven wrong, they keep arguing as if they aren't.

Why do you do this?

Tom
08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
This just keeps getting better and better!

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
This just keeps getting better and better!

Just remember....laughing at you, not with you.

bigmack
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
For someone 420 friendly, you sure is anal. Give this dopey imbroglio a rest and chill out. Kibosh the Dex vibe and go back to being dahoos, then meet me in the selections thread for a little competition.

http://www.free-animations.co.uk/sport/boxing/images/boxing_1.gif

Saratoga_Mike
08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
I think we have a challenge: DH v. BM. I'm going to list DH as the 2/5 fav (no offense BM, but DH is a phenomenal handicapper).

Cardus
08-24-2011, 03:29 PM

The "Cards started everything" line is pathetic. It has a five-year-old "He started it, not me" feel to it.

Put aside that I jokingly agreed with how he phrased his response, and your line still has a childish ring to it. Added to that is that I did not start the thread, and did not register the first objection to that thread starter.

Tom
08-24-2011, 03:31 PM

I love it when you break down to the 3r grade level.
Seriously, you just don't see people go that low anymore.
Refreshing to watch you in action. :lol:

Cardus
08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I think we have a challenge: DH v. BM. I'm going to list DH as the 2/5 fav (no offense BM, but DH is a phenomenal handicapper).

I thought that the 2/5 was gauging who you thought was telling the truth.

duncan04
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Does it really matter who started it? What about who keeps it going?

Tom
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM

And who would that be?

I tried in #143.
Then see #147.

Your browser make you come to this thread?

duncan04
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
And who would that be?

I tried in #143.
Then see #147.

Your browser make you come to this thread?

Nope thought this thread was about the pink saddlecloths but I should of known better

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
For someone 420 friendly, you sure is anal. Give this dopey imbroglio a rest and chill out. Kibosh the Dex vibe and go back to being dahoos, then meet me in the selections thread for a little competition.

http://www.free-animations.co.uk/sport/boxing/images/boxing_1.gif

As tempting as it sounds, I'm not interested in helping PA get his website hits anymore.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I love it when you break down to the 3r grade level.
Seriously, you just don't see people go that low anymore.
Refreshing to watch you in action. :lol:

Yes, you sure have shown your maturity here.

LottaKash
08-24-2011, 04:18 PM

Nah, doesn't matter anymore....It is human nature....Nothing else to do...That is, when you are retired or not working or something to do with idle time...haha !

Pink, haha...

best,

bigmack
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
As tempting as it sounds, I'm not interested in helping PA get his website hits anymore.
Let PA make a couple of rubles off the joint. He runs a decent enough show and is riddled with pain in the ass members. You know; like us. :jump:

Name the terms/races and let's get it on.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Let PA make a couple of rubles off the joint. He runs a decent enough show and is riddled with pain in the ass members. You know; like us. :jump:

Name the terms/races and let's get it on.

I hope he's making a ton of money with it. But he's wrong here and I'm sure he knows it. He just won't admit it, which is childish.

What is my incentive to doing it? There are thousands of members here, have a competition with them. Tom seems like he has a lot of free time. Maybe he'd be interested.

bigmack
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Figured it would help take your attention away from such petty affairs as in this thread. Hate to say it but it looks like you're Y...

Yella. :rolleyes:

Strap-on the mile turf in the 9th @ SAR and spit out a pick.

kingfin66
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM

The best post in this train wreck of a thread. I agree with your words 100 percent. I'll put both you and DaHoss/Dexter as being among the sharpest members on PA. Gotta go now....way too much time spent on this thread.

One more thing, just to stay on the topic of the thread, I support Saratoga's using the pink saddlecloths for a day. I wish EmDowns would do the same.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Figured it would help take your attention away from such petty affairs as in this thread. Hate to say it but it looks like you're Y...

Yella. :rolleyes:

Strap-on the mile turf in the 9th @ SAR and spit out a pick.

Yeah, that's me. Afraid to put up a pick.

You want a competition? Saturday and Sunday at Saratoga, we each pick 1 horse a race. Highest ROI after the two days wins. Loser leaves the board for good.

You in, or are ya yella?

bigmack
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Sure 'nuff. When I lose I send you some Del Mar crap. We're far too valuable around this clambake to go bye-bye forever.

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Nope. I'm not interested in Del Mar crap. I gave you my terms. The ball is in your court.

Hate to say it but it looks like you're Y...

Saratoga_Mike
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that's me. Afraid to put up a pick.

You want a competition? Saturday and Sunday at Saratoga, we each pick 1 horse a race. Highest ROI after the two days wins. Loser leaves the board for good.

You in, or are ya yella?

Surely BM won't back down from this challenge? DH was kind enough to limit it to two days, meaning luck could play a big roll. I'll still keep DH at 2/5.

bigmack
08-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Nope. I'm not interested in Del Mar crap. I gave you my terms. The ball is in your court.

Hate to say it but it looks like you're Y...
What is this SAR Mike, a lamprey?

You're already resolved to blow outta this joint. No big whoop for you. How 'bout I lose, I post a pic of me with a dunce cap on; ala Serling?

Dexter M
08-24-2011, 05:26 PM

You're already resolved to blow outta this joint. No big whoop for you. How 'bout I lose, I post a pic of me with a dunce cap on; ala Serling?

Find someone else to play your games with. When you're ready to man up, let me know.

bigmack
08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Rats. This didn't turn out well at all. Now I feel less manly.

You da man. Don't go changin'. :p

Saratoga_Mike
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Why do you talk like you're a member from the cast of Happy Days? I've wondered this for awhile. Thanks in advance BM!

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah that's it. Couldn't be that I'm right and you are wrong and can't admit it, plus you really have no response. What could you say? It's all right here in this thread. Couldn't be that. :rolleyes:

I'm actually glad this happened. First off, you're blatantly lying. You have never banned me. Ever. The truth is I have asked you too a lot, but you never have.

Not sure why you would make that up, but it appears you are desperately trying to save face here and I guess lying will help you do that. I have to say that totally making that up isn't helping your arguement.

The facts are the facts. You protect your political buddies. Does anyone really think you would have come into this thread the way you did if I was going back and forth with SRU? What if I was going back and forth with Cardus? Would you have done the same thing?

Of course not. I argued with your pet, so you responded the way you did. I'm done helping you get website hits. Use someone else.It was a number of years ago that you were banned. Perhaps your memory is failing you at a young age.

And you are such a one dimensional tool, I knew this was all about political slants with you.

Like I said, the board got along just fine with you not here these past number of weeks. You're a maniac if you think the only reason I wanted you to stay was for "hits." If you truly think that, you are more clueless than I ever imagined a good handicapper could be.

I wanted you to stay because despite your ****ing piss poor attitude and belligerent style, for some reason, I still liked you. Imagine that? Liking someone even though their politics might be different than your own.

What a novel and adult concept, don't you think?

davew
09-29-2018, 02:18 PM
I didn't realize how much I relied on saddlecloths until today's Bel 4th ... all pink except 1A. I had to memorize silks... I wonder what racecallers rely on?

Tom
09-29-2018, 02:23 PM
You're at Saratoga today?

Ocala Mike
09-29-2018, 02:28 PM
Nothing I like better than a politically incorrect thread I started 7 years ago getting bumped!

Tom
09-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Maybe politically incorrect, but spot one.
Stupid idea to make saddle cloths pink - people use them to follow horses. Unlike pink shoes or wristbands or whatever other sports do.

dilanesp
09-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Maybe politically incorrect, but spot one.
Stupid idea to make saddle cloths pink - people use them to follow horses. Unlike pink shoes or wristbands or whatever other sports do.

How about pink mutuel tickets?

therussmeister
09-29-2018, 06:04 PM
I didn't realize how much I relied on saddlecloths until today's Bel 4th ... all pink except 1A. I had to memorize silks... I wonder what racecallers rely on?

They memorize the silks.

bobphilo
09-29-2018, 06:13 PM
How obscenely inconsiderate of NYRA to put horse players through the unspeakable ordeal of using an alternative method of identifying their horses simply to raise awareness of a terrible disease. All truly red-blooded men must assert how macho they are by flooding this thread with posts protesting this atrocity - for atrocity it must surely be to generate so many angry posts.

There are more important things in the world than our selfish convenience in viewing races for one measly day. I have seen threads on infinitely more serious problems like performance enhancing drug use get less angry posts. C'mon, some sense of proportion please.

bobphilo
09-29-2018, 06:36 PM
This is the magnitude of outrage that one would expect if NYRA had banned all visual TV coverage of races to raise awareness of pink eye.
Some people need to get a grip.

cj
09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Exchange deleted

That was a very old post, no? It was missed or it would have been deleted already. Feel free to report any post like this. It works better than replying because now I have delete that one and yours since you quoted it and it will have no context.

Not a big deal, just want people to get in the habit of reporting posts. The board is much too busy for every post to be viewed by PA and myself.

Tom
09-29-2018, 08:47 PM
How obscenely inconsiderate of NYRA to put horse players through the unspeakable ordeal of using an alternative method of identifying their horses simply to raise awareness of a terrible disease. All truly red-blooded men must assert how macho they are by flooding this thread with posts protesting this atrocity - for atrocity it must surely be to generate so many angry posts.

There are more important things in the world than our selfish convenience in viewing races for one measly day. I have seen threads on infinitely more serious problems like performance enhancing drug use get less angry posts. C'mon, some sense of proportion please.

They could EASILY have done something other than the mani thing customers use to identify their horses.
NFL has pink shoes, there are pink wristbands, the Helmets could have been pink. The pants could have been pink. Sorry to expect to be treated like a customer.

btw, Breast Cancer is NOT the #1 killer of women. Heart disease it.
A cause I do contribute to out my winnings every year. Why the track is not helping the #1 is a political decision made by someone. I do not need a race track telling me what I should be donating to. I am quite aware of things on my own.

davew
09-29-2018, 08:59 PM
They memorize the silks.

Well there you go, maybe the jockeys should have all ran with pink silks, and they could start adding numbers to their calls.

When I have a superfecta bet, I do not remember all the horses I have covered but do remember the numbers.

Many years ago, one of my first bets was at Santa Anita. I went to the window and said $5 win and place on 'my favorite horse'. The teller looked at me and said 'just the number kid, give me the number' - sage advice I remember to this day.

Thomas Roulston
09-30-2018, 10:21 AM
But remember that the hidebound stuffed shirts at NYRA stubbornly resisted using the saddlecloth colors - just like they didn't legalize Lasix until September 1, 1995, and didn't so much as add fifth purse money until I believe it was 1993.