PDA

View Full Version : Mach Wheel Should Win The 7th At Mohawk Tonight

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Mohawk Aug 18, Thursday.

Race 7 Made a fine effort to come 2nd from an almost impossible position last time out on Aug 4 on a pretty even pace from post position 9. Also gained 5 1/4 lengths in the stretch in a sizzling last qtr. of 27:1 secs.

Today he draws post 1 and should be closer to the pace as he has some early foot. He is 10-1 on the morning line but I doubt you will get that price come post time. 3 or 4-1 would be a decent price to bet.

Driver Joe Hudon is always a concern but hey I am betting the horse and not the driver.

Watch his last race video. He is #9 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqXaMiVcas

Sinner369
08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
The replay look good but in horse racing 2 plus 2 does not necessarily equal 4, only in math...............!

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
The replay look good but in horse racing 2 plus 2 does not necessarily equal 4, only in math...............!

I don't expect everyone to like my pick.

We shall see if 2+2 equals 4 or 5.

Thanks for your comment Sinner.

lamboguy
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
the pick looks pretty dam good to me. thank you very much for posting it here

LottaKash
08-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't expect everyone to like my pick.

We shall see if 2+2 equals 4 or 5.

Thanks for your comment Sinner.

Biscuit, I like that close in 26 Flat for Mach Wheel....

Except that I have a very hard time getting past Drain Daddy...

If you look at the QQ's for both of these, there is some difference in them....

Plus Drain Daddy went from the 8-hole vs. your Horse to watch "Prodigal Seelster"...DD was up against it in that one yet he went from a very rear trailing position and was down by 15 lengths at the 1/2. and yet closed decently while maintaining his postion thru the lane to the wire gaining nine lengths in the last 1/2....

The numbers for each of these: Their QQ vs. the winners

Mach Wheel.......71...91...65...122.... TM-SR =87...last three halves = 56:3... 56:4... 54:4.....l 3/4's...125:2...122:4
this guy chased a much cheaper pace and faced weaker foes, but closed like a rocket. vs. the cheaper..I always like sharp closers,

Drain Daddy........42...105...116...107...TM-SR= 93...L3 1/2's =57:2... 53:2... 53:1.....last 3/4's....123:3...120:2....

So you see DD chased a much faster pace and hung in there real good...And has been facing much much better than these, IMO... This is big drop in the conditions...Very Chalk...tho

Still, Biscuit, anything is possible with 3yo's ..haha...maybe this time...

best,

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Biscuit, I like that close in 26 Flat for Mach Wheel....

Except that I have a very hard time getting past Drain Daddy...

If you look at the QQ's for both of these, there is some difference in them....

Plus Drain Daddy went from the 8-hole vs. your Horse to watch "Prodigal Seelster"...DD was up against it in that one yet he went from a very rear trailing position and was down by 15 lengths at the 1/2. and yet closed decently while maintaining his postion thru the lane to the wire gaining nine lengths in the last 1/2....

The numbers for each of these: Their QQ vs. the winners

Mach Wheel.......71...91...65...122.... TM-SR =87...last three halves = 56:3... 56:4... 54:4.....l 3/4's...125:2...122:4
this guy chased a much cheaper pace and faced weaker foes, but closed like a rocket. vs. the cheaper..I always like sharp closers,

Drain Daddy........42...105...116...107...TM-SR= 93...L3 1/2's =57:2... 53:2... 53:1.....last 3/4's....123:3...120:2....

So you see DD chased a much faster pace and hung in there real good...And has been facing much much better than these, IMO... This is big drop in the conditions...Very Chalk...tho

Still, Biscuit, anything is possible with 3yo's ..haha...maybe this time...

best,

The 6th is about to start as I write this.

Thanks for your valued input. I looked at the 53:1 last half of Drain Daddy and if their are two horses I would protect myself in the exacta it is the 2 and the 8 with 1 2nd.

However I will be betting the #1 W/P at a price.

outofthebox
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I am betting $ 10 win on both 1&2 and a $5 box. Thanks for the analysis and good luck...

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Well Mach Wheel ended up 2nd. He went off at a good price of 7-1 and paid $5.90 to place. The exacta with the 8 on top paid a nice $39.00.

When I saw the 56 half posted I knew I was dead and he did well to come 2nd.

LottaKash
08-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Well Mach Wheel ended up 2nd. He went off at a good price of 7-1 and paid $5.90 to place. The exacta with the 8 on top paid a nice $39.00.

When I saw the 56 half posted I knew I was dead and he did well to come 2nd.

Good Biscuit, I am glad you made alittle score....:jump:

My whole play went down in flames....I had a good win bet on the #2 Drain Daddy...w/ the #1 in a straight ex cold...

Drain Daddy was a classic bounce.....He had no other excuse...He was left floating in first over from the 1/2 on, but the fractions showed him up for what he was A BOUNCED HORSE.....Those two-53-second back to back halves, and that 120:3 last 3/4's last week created a sore horse, a horse destined to lose, and this is how it sometimes happens....He showed it, he packed it in at the top of the lane.....A horse with those kind of numbers, if still sound, would''ve trounced these guys....But, not tonite...HaHA!...

He was a KOD horse (kiss of death horse) as he was a mediocre 5/2 thruout the betting, and I shoud''ve know better, as this horse should have been like 6/5 max....A bounced horse will have this type of betting pattern, and I was too stubborn to respect it, and I played anyway.....That's is how it is with those horses that have unbelievable numbers vs. the rest of the horses he is facing, you can't always know how they come out it.....The KOD pattern was the tipoff, and I mucked it up...heehee...AT 7/5 or 3/2 it would've been another story tho....oh well..:cool:

best,

Sea Biscuit
08-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Good Biscuit, I am glad you made alittle score....:jump:

My whole play went down in flames....I had a good win bet on the #2 Drain Daddy...w/ the #1 in a straight ex cold...

Drain Daddy was a classic bounce.....He had no other excuse...He was left floating in first over from the 1/2 on, but the fractions showed him up for what he was A BOUNCED HORSE.....Those two-53-second back to back halves, and that 120:3 last 3/4's last week created a sore horse, a horse destined to lose, and this is how it sometimes happens....He showed it, he packed it in at the top of the lane.....A horse with those kind of numbers, if still sound, would''ve trounced these guys....But, not tonite...HaHA!...

He was a KOD horse (kiss of death horse) as he was a mediocre 5/2 thruout the betting, and I shoud''ve know better, as this horse should have been like 6/5 max....A bounced horse will have this type of betting pattern, and I was too stubborn to respect it, and I played anyway.....That's is how it is with those horses that have unbelievable numbers vs. the rest of the horses he is facing, you can't always know how they come out it.....The KOD pattern was the tipoff, and I mucked it up...heehee...AT 7/5 or 3/2 it would've been another story tho....oh well..:cool:

best,

Speaking of betting patterns, the #8 had the right pattern. With a trainer change to the indomitable Richard Moreau who had all sorts of equipment changes on his charge.

lamboguy
08-19-2011, 05:30 AM
good eye on that one. thank you

LottaKash
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Speaking of betting patterns, the #8 had the right pattern. With a trainer change to the indomitable Richard Moreau who had all sorts of equipment changes on his charge.

Good observe Biscuit, PLUS the #8 was a BTN (bet more than should have) horse....So, for me, not only was the #2 (my hoss) a KOD (bet less than should have), but the board "also" showed a BTN, a further sign of a Bounce for my hoss.....I knew it, and I still blew it, haha..:D....The backstretch knew, and I didn't listen..

best,

Sea Biscuit
08-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Good observe Biscuit, PLUS the #8 was a BTN (bet more than should have) horse....So, for me, not only was the #2 (my hoss) a KOD (bet less than should have), but the board "also" showed a BTN, a further sign of a Bounce for my hoss.....I knew it, and I still blew it, haha..:D....The backstretch knew, and I didn't listen..

best,

I like your racing terminology John. BTN, KOD and I am sure you have many more.

My friends affectionately call Moreau The Pena of WEG not because of any suspect drug use but the way he turns around a horse the moment he gets a hold of it.

Thought I'd share this little tidbit info with you.

Sinner369
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Lottakash you are right........the #8 was bet down way more than his lines indicated........I guess somebody knew!

Sea.......I always admired people who have the strengths of their convictions and are (were) willing to put that in print......it's easy to be a Critic but lot more tougher to be a Producer!!!

Sea Biscuit
08-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Lottakash you are right........the #8 was bet down way more than his lines indicated........I guess somebody knew!

Sea.......I always admired people who have the strengths of their convictions and are (were) willing to put that in print......it's easy to be a Critic but lot more tougher to be a Producer!!!

Sinner Thanks for your kind and candid remarks.

Appreciated them.

Ray2000
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Mach Wheel is a prohibitive favorite tonite at Grand River Race 6 but
a Part "Wheel"..... 2/6475 Exacta, with an extra 2-6, looking good.

GL

LottaKash
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Mach Wheel is a prohibitive favorite tonite at Grand River Race 6 but
a Part "Wheel"..... 2/6475 Exacta, with an extra 2-6, looking good.

GL

I vote for an "All Hudon" exacta box....2/7

best,

Sinner369
08-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Looking at the results "Mach" won but was bet down to 35 cents and the order was 2-4-7-5..........triactor paid $47.20 for $2 bet..........!

Ray2000
08-25-2011, 06:04 AM
The 'Wheel' of fortune was very generous last night on that 2475
Small pools, you never know...

Ex $19.50
Tri $47.20
Super $138.80

Too bad the weather and sloppy track were bad on race time. 1:58-2