PDA

View Full Version : Now Bachmann is making promises...

elysiantraveller
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Everyone rails on Barack Obama for failing on his campaign promises...

Enter Michelle Bachmann:

I'll Bring Back $2 Gas (http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news/economy/bachmann_gas_prices/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2)

Promising something she can't deliver...

GaryG
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Whether she can or not remains to be seen. Was there ever a politician that did not make promises? However, the only promise Barry Hussein has kept is that there would be change. Most of us assumed that he meant change for the better. The democrats will make sure that this is the ugliest campaign of all time. What else can they do? He sure as hell can run on his record. I would prefer Paul Ryan, but Bachmann would be ok.

ArlJim78
08-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I recall Obama talking about lowering the level of the oceans, so yeah sometimes they bite off a little more than they can chew.

Robert Goren
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM

Enter Michelle Bachmann:

I'll Bring Back $2 Gas (http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news/economy/bachmann_gas_prices/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2)

Promising something she can't deliver...For gasoline to get $2, the ecomony would have to return to march 2009 levels. She could easily deliver on that just by doing much of she says she will do.

canleakid
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Every person who runs for public office sings the same old song

They make us promises promises
Knowing we want to believe
Promises promises
We know they will never keep

Promises
Promises
Promises
Promises
Promises

"they are a dime a dozen."

FantasticDan
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Every person who runs for public office sings the same old song

They make us promises promises
Knowing we want to believe
Promises promises
We know they will never keep

qJP2PH8WKaI

lamboguy
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
she says she is going to get rid of health insurance, thats good enough for me, she gets my vote

Sugar Ron
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Her chance of getting the nomination went from slim to zero when the Texas cowboy got into the fray.

She's desperate for attention at this point.

Hell, wouldn't be surprised if she promises a hot chick for every guy in the not too distant future ... LOL

Mike at A+
08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
If Obama actually decides to run, anyone can defeat him so I'm not paying much attention to the primary. The election will boil down to Obama versus "Not Obama". With a 26% approval rating on the economy, he better have a magic bag of tricks to pull a rabbit out of and he better find it soon. This 10 day vacation will probably sink his rating even lower if the market has another day like today while he's out working on his tan. The only serious question is who the hell is in that 26%? Gotta be the people who pay no federal income taxes and have no investments.

ArlJim78
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
that's exactly right Mike, the election will be Obama vs. not Obama, and whoever ends up becoming not-Obama is going to look like a welcome change, a breath of fresh air, a chance to renew America.

RaceBookJoe
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
that's exactly right Mike, the election will be Obama vs. not Obama, and whoever ends up becoming not-Obama is going to look like a welcome change, a breath of fresh air, a chance to renew America.

To cue "The Hat" : Its Obama or Other-than-Obama :) rbj

Sugar Ron
08-18-2011, 03:24 PM
LOL ... you guys must think the election is being held next Tuesday.

Plenty of time for cons to scare the sh*t out of seniors, independent voters, etc. between now and fall 2012...

ArlJim78
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
scaring seniors? you mean like telling them that their checks might not go out because of the debt ceiling, or that the Ryan plan is the same as pushing your grandmother over a cliff?

NJ Stinks
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
This 10 day vacation will probably sink his rating even lower if the market has another day like today while he's out working on his tan.

What? The market went down and Barack did not give a speech?

I didn't know that was possible, Mike. :rolleyes:

Mike at A+
08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
What? The market went down and Barack did not give a speech?

I didn't know that was possible, Mike. :rolleyes:
Pay attention. My theory says it would have gone down more HAD he given a speech.

NJ Stinks
08-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Pay attention. My theory says it would have gone down more HAD he given a speech.

Gotcha! :)

TJDave
08-18-2011, 05:12 PM
For gasoline to get $2, the ecomony would have to return to march 2009 levels. She could easily deliver on that just by doing much of she says she will do.

All that needs to happen is for her to get elected.

hcap
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Pay attention. My theory says it would have gone down more HAD he given a speech.Damn, it's a good thing TPty horse racing off-topic pundits don't give speeches-except of course to OTHER TPty horse racing off-topic pundits

Mike at A+
08-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Damn, it's a good thing TPty horse racing off-topic pundits don't give speeches-except of course to OTHER TPty horse racing off-topic pundits
When it comes to political awareness, you can't shine my shoes. As time goes on, all you lefties will see the light. Maybe.

Tom
08-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Enter Michelle Bachmann:

Promising something she can't deliver...

Then maybe you should wait until she gets elected and fails to deliver. Apples and oranges.

Difference is we have, at this time, the choice at this pint NOT to vote for her. We are stuck with the moron Obama.

Tom
08-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Damn, it's a good thing TPty horse racing off-topic pundits don't give speeches-except of course to OTHER TPty horse racing off-topic pundits

Talk is cheap.
Ever hear of Obama.

I remind you, he promised a half a million new jobs a month.
We have come far closer to LOSING a half a million than adding a half a million.